Laura Babcock Murder Trial 10.30.17 - Day 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
Orr has never met #Millard, she agrees, but she and Laura #Babcock would discuss him, she agrees.

"When she told Christina it got heated for awhile..." Orr says Babcock and Millard stopped speaking, and started talking again in July

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV
Millard reinforces that he's never met Orr, but she's had discussions with Babcock about Millard.

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV
Orr says, "For the most part it was positive. When she told Christina, it got heated up, and you guys stopped talking about you."

marianne boucher‏ @CityCourtsTO
Megan Orr says she saw txt messages between Millard and Babcock. Millard wants to know if the txt were "very flirty, crude or lewd?

View attachment 125656

"They stopped talking to Laura for awhile, and when I talked to Laura again in July, you were talking to her again," Orr tells #Millard.

BBM So, if DM and LB weren't talking for a while, but then started talking again in July, why did he have to get rid of her? Why couldn't he just stop talking to her again and solve everyone's problem?

This is significant, I think.

DM was mad at LB for telling CN they'd slept together, and broke off contact until just before she disappeared.

DM comes across as an easy going "personable" guy but underneath there must be some kind of murderous feelings. Possibly he felt Babcock had betrayed him by telling CN, and he hated being betrayed.

Absolutely Satchie! DM was p!ssed off because LB spilled the beans that her and DM were still seeing each other and sleeping together. No doubt in my mind when DM was confronted by CN about their sexual relationship, he denied it. CN just couldn't let it lie at that because he had already proven he was a slime ball...the Mexican stripper, she couldn't take his word for it so she contacted LB or had KS contact LB to find out more info. The more LB was questioned, the more enraged CN became and very confrontational with DM. This probably played out for quite a while and the more DM was confronted by CN, it became a huge issue for DM. LB being a huge thorn in his side he had to silence her.

Perhaps it wasn't about being in love with CN for DM, it was all about settling the score and keeping CN around for sex because she fit into his life style at the time. I'm not convince DM knows how to love anyone else but himself. Apparently JS wasn't going back to him anytime soon (her house up for sale or sold), he had the older woman LW on the side, but she was nothing more to him than an easy roll in the sack.."you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours." DM needed a woman on his arm, to be at his beck and call whenever the urge hit him. He knew LB was having problems and struggling with mental issues/drug problems and in a financial bind so he wasn't interested in her and taking on her baggage.

CN won the bitter battle and a text reassuring her her troubles with LB would soon be over. “First I'm going to hurt her, then I'll make her leave." And he did...DM and his idiot buddy. DM kept MS around for times such as this. He knew his other buddies wouldn't stoop that low. Theft was one thing, but murder was not not.

Also, JMO but I think LB knew a lot about DM's life; his drug use, dealings, his ex-fiancee, some of the thefts DM and his buddies pulled off, and who knows what else he was doing that was corrupt. I think DM may have seen LB as a threat, afraid she might reveal some of his dirty secret if he told her off and to get out of his and CN's life. DM feared that had he confronted LB and told her off, she might have revealed what he was up to. In his sick, warped mind, he had to silence LB for good. ALL JMO.

Thre must be another shot of the phone bill because that one does not show 7/1...it's in in billandrew's master spreadsheet though:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Hb6kEtpLa8cHCVorBuy4yqfHymGvhfHeM6s8QMWGVW8/pubhtml

Yes, it's there on billandrew's spreadsheet, July 1, showing 6:57 and 23 minutes. My copy of the bill is blurry so the image I provide won't help much (just to show that the top half of the bill does exist). This was discussed at length in earlier threads, and at the time we had trouble trying to figure out whether it was 23 or 21 minutes.

Laura Babcock - phone bill - Copy.jpg

This is starting to sound similar to Dungey's argument about MS wanting DMs old Cadillac to start a new life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wouldn't LB be more likely to want somewhere to live rather than a vehicle? She was couch hopping.

Re: Jeep or truck

Or was it that she was being followed by one? Wasn't AM asked to report to DM her whereabouts?

Like trying to pin this on someone who drives a jeep or truck? They're the "real" culprit.

She won't be pleased about that!

Why is he allowed to get so off topic and ask questions a "normal" lawyer would never get away with?

The judge and Crown don't know where his line of questioning is leading to, therefore they have to allow him to ask questions.

I don't see his questioning as being off topic but with some questions, he certainly seems to be tooting his own horn as if to say, "I was/am a great guy, a generous guy and people have the wrong impression of me, such as you, the person on the stand." MOO.

Absolutely Satchie! DM was p!ssed off because LB spilled the beans that her and DM were still seeing each other and sleeping together. No doubt in my mind when DM was confronted by CN about their sexual relationship, he denied it. CN just couldn't let it lie at that because he had already proven he was a slime ball...the Mexican stripper, she couldn't take his word for it so she contacted LB or had KS contact LB to find out more info. The more LB was questioned, the more enraged CN became and very confrontational with DM. This probably played out for quite a while and the more DM was confronted by CN, it became a huge issue for DM. LB being a huge thorn in his side he had to silence her.

Perhaps it wasn't about being in love with CN for DM, it was all about settling the score and keeping CN around for sex because she fit into his life style at the time. I'm not convince DM knows how to love anyone else but himself. Apparently JS wasn't going back to him anytime soon (her house up for sale or sold), he had the older woman LW on the side, but she was nothing more to him than an easy roll in the sack.."you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours." DM needed a woman on his arm, to be at his beck and call whenever the urge hit him. He knew LB was having problems and struggling with mental issues/drug problems and in a financial bind so he wasn't interested in her and taking on her baggage.

CN won the bitter battle and a text reassuring her her troubles with LB would soon be over. “First I'm going to hurt her, then I'll make her leave." And he did...DM and his idiot buddy. DM kept MS around for times such as this. He knew his other buddies wouldn't stoop that low. Theft was one thing, but murder was not not.

Also, JMO but I think LB knew a lot about DM's life; his drug use, dealings, his ex-fiancee, some of the thefts DM and his buddies pulled off, and who knows what else he was doing that was corrupt. I think DM may have seen LB as a threat, afraid she might reveal some of his dirty secret if he told her off and to get out of his and CN's life. DM feared that had he confronted LB and told her off, she might have revealed what he was up to. In his sick, warped mind, he had to silence LB for good. ALL JMO.

Thanks for this thoughtful response. You have provided a great wrap up.
Q'n: How does the timing of the breakup and restoration of their relationship, fit with his attempt to build a cremation device, and with the ordering and purchase of the emininator? Can you fit those events into your account of what may have happened?

Toronto Star-Accused killer Dellen Millard appears to be getting comfortable acting as his own lawyer: DiManno
Dellen Millard, who is charged with murder and representing himself, has assumed the mannerisms and posturing of a lawyer.
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ortable-acting-as-his-own-lawyer-dimanno.html

CHCH- Laura Babcock Murder Trial Day 6
http://www.chch.com/laura-babcock-murder-trial-day-6/

Toronto Star-Accused Killer Didn't Care About Girlfriend's Feud With Laura Babcock, witness tells murder trial
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...nd-to-continue-testimony-at-murder-trial.html

Sun News-Accused Killer Dellen Millard questions Laura Babcock's Friend about his own womanizing
http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Crime/2017/10/30/22761821.html

I am heading downtown today to sit in on the trial. I just hope today isn't when they start to present horrific forensics or something.

I will come here after and let you guys know if anything interesting happens. Obviously I will only share things that happen with the jury present.

I don't recall hearing a few of these details in yesterday's trial tweets.

"Indeed, there was that time — at what Millard described as a “Jew party,” no further explanation provided — when Babcock had tried to hook her, Shirinian, up with him."

“It was plainly apparent that I wasn’t thoughtful about Christina,” continued Millard, pointing out he’d only bought her a necklace and a pair of earrings during their relationship, never even attended her 21st birthday party.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ortable-acting-as-his-own-lawyer-dimanno.html

I am heading downtown today to sit in on the trial. I just hope today isn't when they start to present horrific forensics or something.

I will come here after and let you guys know if anything interesting happens. Obviously I will only share things that happen with the jury present.

I will likely go as well. Was it standing room only yesterday?

Laura had 3000 or more dollars in a shoe box but was desperate for a place to stay so SH put her up in a hotel, and after that, in desperation, she went to DM.
What am I missing here?

It will make the "excuse" of why Smich had possession of SL's loaned IPad just days later difficult. I don't think LB needed the money; most likely about $100 for a used IPad. I'm sure tech evidence will show when he started using it.

I dunno, I think this "I just treat women like dirt, I wouldn't actually kill one" defence may not work with the jury...

The one thing DM does manage to show every day is that he just doesn't care what happened to LB - it could be anything just as long as it doesn't have anything to do with him.

This is one of the huge problems of defending yourself. Every word you speak, every inflection in your voice, every expression that you make is constantly being analyzed by the jury and when you're a slime ball and you give 12 people 10 weeks to see it, the result will rarely be favourable to you.

A lawyer could establish that DM was a philanderer and CN knew all about his many indiscretions so this wasn't a motive for murder through cross examination without the jury forming such a direct negative impression of DM as they no doubt are.

I would be interested in hearing about jury facial and body language when DM cross examines witnesses.

RandomName479, DM was involved in a lot of criminal activity for many years and led a party lifestyle for many years. There was no hint by anyone he was homicidal. Suddenly he becomes involved closely with CN and people start dying. Her texts to Laura are very antagonistic and looks like she has strong feelings against CN. There were no texts from DM to Laura I am aware of that expressed such animosity to Laura. He was annoyed by her but does not seem overly hostile. The only really hostile ones so far are by CN. I don't think it is a stretch that she pushed DM to do something to Laura, she knew that it could be made to look like Laura was an unstable person and etc. etc. She did not commit the murder but had a part of pushing DM to kill CN that is MO.

While I agree with your points, I also wonder if Laura tried to "extort or blackmail" DM somehow ? Did she threaten to tell the official fiance JS that DM had a harem on the side ? Did she threaten to reveal some of his theft and drug dealing activities to the police ? Was she pregnant, and using this to pressure him into a more serious relationship with her, including financial obligations ? Any of these are possible, and if she was using cocaine, a false sense of confidence and aggressiveness may have been the trigger that made DM decide to give in to CN, and just get rid of her. From a psychopath's twisted perspective, he may have thought testing the new incinerator with her body would be a bonus. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18