Laura Babcock Murder Trial 10.30.17 - Day 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Orr had a long call with LB she only says "July" but was early morning she recalls.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
Laura #Babcock's calls became more rare in 2012. In July, in the early morning hours, they had a long phone convo. Crown will go back

The 21 minute phone call was from Laura's phone to DM's phone number.

Maybe he was trying to bring the ex-fiancee into the discussion. that's the first blonde linked to DM I think of.

The photo becomes and exhibit anyway so the ex-fiancee will be forever linked to the case now.

KS is blonde in a photo with CN

I gather that the impression that you get by reading the tweets, and that you get from being in the courtroom or reading the wrap-up articles is very different.

From the tweets I felt like KS was sympathetic to DM but in the press they described KS as being disgusted with him. Perhaps because she used a bit of sarcasm her position didn't come out clearly in tweets.

I felt with her being best friends with CN she would have more to say against DM but she mostly had bad things to say about LB.

IMO.
Hmm I didn't get the same impression. I was left feeling like she was another little "nice girl" , just like CN. Moo

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

What was the deal with the photo of him and a blond woman and a black cat? To show what a bad boyfriend was was again?

<rsbm>

According to Caryn Lieberman, it was DM who had the long blonde hair in the photo:

[video=twitter;925016828899868674]https://twitter.com/caryn_lieberman/status/925016828899868674[/video]

Hmm I didn't get the same impression. I was left feeling like she was another little snot, just like CN. Moo

She came across pretty awful to me too but I wasn't there.

According to Caryn Lieberman, it was DM who had the long blonde hair in the photo:

lol it figures, with DM anything could be. Thanks very much deugirtni for those tweets BTW. I thought that Lieberman wasn't going to be back at the courthouse. I guess I will have to update my Twitter list.

KS is blonde in a photo with CN

But she would have been able to ID herself ;)

Laura had 3000 or more dollars in a shoe box but was desperate for a place to stay so SH put her up in a hotel, and after that, in desperation, she went to DM.
What am I missing here?

I have to admit this one has been gnawing at me too.

Laura had 3000 or more dollars in a shoe box but was desperate for a place to stay so SH put her up in a hotel, and after that, in desperation, she went to DM.
What am I missing here?

Well first a couple of different numbers are out there:

Lisa Hepfner&#8207; @HefCHCHNews Oct 23
Lerner paid for the hotel, #Babcock had cash on her, "maybe $3200," she was saving for an apartment, but Lerner paid hotel.

Lisa Hepfner&#8207; @HefCHCHNews Oct 30
Laura #Babcock always had money, Orr says. $3-$4,000 saved up in a box in July 2012, Orr says.

The prosecution maintains that Millard and co-accused Mark Smich killed Laura on July 3 or 4, 2012, mere days after she left her beloved Maltese dog, Lacey, and an envelope stuffed with about $1,000 at her parents&#8217; home while they were attending a family function.
http://www.metronews.ca/news/toront...tails-laura-babcock-murder-trial-dimanno.html

She apparently didn't leave behind ALL of her money.

Lisa Hepfner&#8207; @HefCHCHNews
Orr says her statement to police was that #Babcock was doing cocaine "basically every other day" and "out of her mind," Orr says

Um, and that's $100/g too.

I have to admit this one has been gnawing at me too.

$3000 isn't going to cover first and last month's rent most places let alone any living expenses. SL said she was trying to get enough to get an apartment. Spending that on a hotel was going to be a temporary solution.
She also had the added issue of finding a place where she could also have her dog.

Accused killer Dellen Millard questions Laura Babcock's friend about his own womanizing
Sam Pazzano, Toronto Sun
http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Crime/2017/10/30/22761821.html

A friend of murder victim Laura Babcock and accused killer Dellen Millard's girlfriend, Christina Noudga, testified Monday she knew Millard was a philanderer who barely cared for Noudga.

&#8220;It&#8217;s no secret that I&#8217;d sleep with other women,&#8221; Millard suggested to witness Karoline Shirinian, who was a pal of Babcock and Noudga. Millard alluded to three lovers, including Babcock.

&#8220;I know you went to Mexico and you slept with a stripper,&#8221; snapped Shirinian.

&#8220;You know it&#8217;s more than a stripper -- there was also my ex-fiancee who was living at one of my properties,&#8221; said Millard.

I dunno, I think this "I just treat women like dirt, I wouldn't actually kill one" defence may not work with the jury...

The one thing DM does manage to show every day is that he just doesn't care what happened to LB - it could be anything just as long as it doesn't have anything to do with him.

The 21 minute phone call was from Laura's phone to DM's phone number.

Where are you seeing that? Someone posted this earlier today:

attachment.php

Yeah, that was me - it's on pg 15 near the bottom but this is the exact post. Matou posted this originally during the TB investigation.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Trial-10-30-17-Day-6&p=13725703#post13725703

I'm not seeing the 21 minute phonecall on the pic.... which is same pic I just reposted? Unless I'm not seeing the correct WS post? Can you link the post, instead of the page (I have mine set to 200 posts per page so may not be same?) Ty!

I'm not seeing the 21 minute phonecall on the pic.... which is same pic I just reposted? Unless I'm not seeing the correct WS post? Can you link the post, instead of the page (I have mine set to 200 posts per page so may not be same?) Ty!

Wait.... are you guys confusing the time of day the call was made with the duration of the call, which is shown over to the right?

Except that there were two witnesses who heard MS say that he did it for real, and the court heard his rap where he shares the details. So far, I haven't seen any evidence to confirm that CN was the real killer, although I don't doubt that she was involved, and perhaps the instigator.
Why get your hands dirty if someone else will do it for you? Sounds very much like CN's personality IMO

Back to the gifts Millard had given Christina. Jewellery and trips. Shirinian can't think of anything else.

#Millard did "big things for other ppl" he says, but Shirinian can't really remember. #Millard owned a lot of properties, didn't he?

"Did you know I owned a farm? Had property at an airport?" Shirinian did know these details about #Millard.

#Millard puts up another photo -- the airplane hangar according to Shirinian. She believes the same where she met #Millard

The car on the left looked like #Millards. He laughs. The car can be moved, he tells her. What does she think about the hangar doors?

Shannon Martin
Millard once again asks Shirinian about gifts he bought for Noudga. She remembers he took her on a couple of trips, to Jamaica and the British Isles.

He lists all of his properties, a condo downtown, a home at Maple Gate, an airport hangar, a couple other properties.

Shirinian says she never asked to see any of the deeds to the properties to confirm he was the owner.

BBM I don't get what DM is talking about here. How is this relevant to anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed