Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.02.17 - Day 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wouldn't they just incinerate the phone? Unless they didn't want it traced to the farm, but it was already traced to DM's house.

You forget that the incinerator wasn't yet functional. Knowing that she could possibly be tracked by her phone, it was the first thing that they got rid of. Once its at the bottom of Lake Ontario, its never coming back.

Here's the thing, they are both already serving sentences. They would not bring forth this trial if they did not feel %100 they would get a conviction. There is no need to other than justice for Laura. They are only going to spend the taxpayers money and court time if they know they have the conviction. In the court system this counts for a lot. I am betting they have some solid undeniable evidence that's a Laura died at the hands of DM and MS.
They have already provided evidence that LB seemed to have vanished after July 3, and that she (or her phone) was with DM the night of July 3 to the morning of July 4. We will hear about the eliminator and the pictures shown in the opening statement.

They have the evidence to prove DM and MS were with her when she died and disposed of her body. I would assume this is enough for a murder charge and skipping the pretrial.

They haven't yet said how they will prove they killed her. Some view the text from DM to CN as the proof.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

I know Shannon Martin hasn't been too thorough with her tweets in the trial but today would have been so info and detail heavy that I can't blame her for not being able to tweet most of it. I remember back in the TB trial, on the day the similar kind of data heavy phone ping info was being talked about in court, a few reporters basically flat out said this is very detail-oriented data and it would be impossible to try get most of it tweeted out accurately.

It sounds like stacks of papers were given to each juror today so can you imagine trying to tweet that much out and keep it accurate at the same time?
I'm not going to slap the hand that feeds....

But, the coverage this week has been disappointing. I think we need to write to media outlets and request more coverage.

Shannon Martin was the only one live tweeting, though I think Trevor Dunn tweeted once (remembering wrong day?) And there was a sketch artists. Where are all the other media outlets?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

I was called for jury duty for the Badgerow trial last yr. Had about 300 people they were choosing from. Glad I didn't make it. If you get called to report for jury duty you can do little to get out of it.

I was called for jury duty a couple of months ago, but I mailed a letter to the judge explaining my situation (I take care of someone full time who otherwise does not have other care options). I was formally excused because of my situation. I wouldn’t call it “getting out of” jury duty (I actually think it would have been pretty interesting) but if you have a legitimate need, it’s not an unreasonable system.

I'm pretty certain that the jurors may have heard of TB, they'd be looking for people who didn't follow it. However, I'm sure there are some potential jurors that would want a high profile case and would lie about their knowledge of TB. I mean how could someone in Toronto have absolutely no knowledge about this?

Not far outside the GTA, the only people I’ve come across in my circle who have heard about TB or the trial are people I have told. You’d be surprised at how many people don’t pay attention to the news unless it’s a massive world event or pertaining directly to them.

Not far outside the GTA, the only people I’ve come across in my circle who have heard about TB or the trial are people I have told. You’d be surprised at how many people don’t pay attention to the news unless it’s a massive world event or pertaining directly to them.

But the jurors aren't from outside the GTA. Not saying there aren't people that haven't heard of Millard, say maybe two or three percent. In order to find 15 jurors you would need a pool of close to 800 jurors. Obviously thats not going to happen.

So I'm sitting on the train coming in to work this morning, catching up on what I missed last night on this thread. The guy next to me at some point asks me if I'm going to the trial today? Thinking this guy has been snooping on my phone or something, I just say "maybe" and go back to reading. He then tells me that he's the security guard at the trial and that he has seen me down there a few times and that I probably don't recognize him because he wasn't in uniform. Small world lol, but I guess I've got an "in" now!

Many Southern Ontarians will be somewhat familiar with Tim Bosma...as in, oh ya, that guy and the truck. Regardless, if a jury member states they believe they can be objective even with knowledge of the TB trial, they are still candidates. I think :)

But the jurors aren't from outside the GTA. Not saying there aren't people that haven't heard of Millard, say maybe two or three percent. In order to find 15 jurors you would need a pool of close to 800 jurors. Obviously thats not going to happen.

In 2016, there were 6.4 million people living in the GTA (thanks, Google). 2-3% of that population would be 128,000-192,000. I think you’re giving those remaining 6+ million people too much credit. Not everyone cares that much or has heard the name more than in passing. I apologize, this has gotten off topic and really doesn’t matter in the grand scheme.

So I'm sitting on the train coming in to work this morning, catching up on what I missed last night on this thread. The guy next to me at some point asks me if I'm going to the trial today? Thinking this guy has been snooping on my phone or something, I just say "maybe" and go back to reading. He then tells me that he's the security guard at the trial and that he has seen me down there a few times and that I probably don't recognize him because he wasn't in uniform. Small world lol, but I guess I've got an "in" now!

Sounds like he was hitting on you.

I find it crazy too, but a lot of people like to live with their head in the sand. Half of the people in my office haven't even heard of Tim Bosma. Scary thought.

Is there a new thread for today?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Not sure this is evil of me to think or wish the ones like SS, CN, and AM that get to walk free, actually never get to feel free. If they never regret, I hope someone always finds out where ever they go and it follows them, like a heavy dark cloud. I suppose they could care less though and it is so hard to wrap my head around that thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cases