Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.07.17 - Day 11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those wondering what an artifact is, It is an unwanted effect on an image that is usually caused by light reflection within a lens that has multiple pieces of glass. Sometimes it will be something like the shape of an aperture ring, a line or blob of colour, or ghosting.

Possibly he is using the suitcase as an alibi? Maybe the date the photo was taken with him with it was one of the days she was missing? Who knows...hes an idiot.

Nov 7 2017 11:30 AM
Millard asks if these were all of the photographs Det. Ottay took - there was more?

Ottay says he took all these photos, pages 1-56 that were presented to the jury. He says there may have been other photos taken, but he would not have been the photographer.

It's all because of the Star Wars reference in his letters to CN

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
That and he used the change in his hair as "code of language/mesage" e.g., his beard length not cut was to show how long it was since he had meetings with his lawyer.

^^ from the live cbc blog
He definitely is trying to discredit Ottay

His questions of Ottay are a weak attempt to create doubt. I don't think it will cause any trouble with the Jury.

MOO

for someone with money their house was in disarray it seems. Beds with no frames. Sliding doors missing glass, chunky soup and crackers? Living a life of luxury :facepalm:

Artifact... DM pointed out a white flash on a window that could be a light or reflection. Now the white phone... I think he's trying to imply the white is another flash/reflection.

His questions, I assume are just a lead in for a future witness who will talk about the evidence collected and the analysis of the photos and evidence. It was Ottay who took these photos so he needed to take the stand to testify to this. Since he was the officer in TB's case in Hamilton, another officer would have been doing the evidence analysis regarding LB's murder. This is just scaffolding. The red suitcase and artifacts will be revisited soon, I am guessing.
jmo

I'm gonna need a 15 min break myself to get some food on the table...lol can any take over for a few....

I'm gonna need a 15 min break myself to get some food on the table...lol can any take over for a few....
Really appreciate you helping today!! Can't be easy with kids (I'm assuming) so thank you thank you!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 8m8 minutes ago
More
I will share the photos of #Millard home we saw in court @CHCHNews 6pm. Jury coming back now. #Babcock.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 6m6 minutes ago
More
Jill Cameron is leading the next witness for the crown. Two next witnesses are civilians and should be done before lunch, judge says.

[FONT=&quot][video=twitter;927943354045882368]https://twitter.com/HefCHCHNews/status/927943354045882368[/video][/FONT]

More
Next witness is Bassi -- didn't catch spelling of his first name. He is 54 years old, works for Sleep Country. He sells mattresses.

More
He no longer works in Ontario, but did from 2011 to 2013, in different stores. July 2012 was working at Dundas and Cawthra store in Mississ.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 5m5 minutes ago
More
July 4, 2012, something happened that brings him to court. "The gentleman, Mr. Millard, came to my store to buy a mattress."

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 4m4 minutes ago
More
"He wanted it delivered right away. Sleep Country delivers in 4-5 days." So if a customer wants it faster, they use "Speedy delivery"

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
More
What did #Millard say about requiring it right away? Judge wants to know. Witness doesn't remember specifically, just that he wanted it ASAP

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
More
If a customer bought a bed from the store in past the salesperson can check the record. Bassi noticed #Millard had bought a bed 2 yrs before

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
More
It was a king sized mattress, bought July 4, 2012, Bassi says, reading a Sleep Country document. Helps with warranty issues. #Millard

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 45s45 seconds ago
More
Police called Bassi and he provided the information about #Millard's bed-buying. Crown putting docs on the court screen.

Two things,

1) "[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Michalski said he gathered drugs from the house,[/FONT] put them in a backpack[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif], put it in the trunk of his car and parked his car on the street."[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Could the roots bag be considered a backpack? Did they ever ask the color?[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2) Dual citizenship - Didn't his mom use the English expression for a rabbit burrow in a text to DM?[/FONT]

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 46s47 seconds ago
More
Millard paid $100 cash to get his king sized mattress delivered more quickly, Bassi testifies. Mattress >$2,000. #Babcock

Two things,

1) "[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Michalski said he gathered drugs from the house,[/FONT] put them in a backpack[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif], put it in the trunk of his car and parked his car on the street."[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Could the roots bag be considered a backpack? Did they ever ask the color?[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2) Dual citizenship - Didn't his mom use the English expression for a rabbit burrow in a text to DM?[/FONT]

1.The roots bag is a duffel bag, not the back pack in question.
2. MB is British background but that doesn't make it cut and dry that he would have dual citizenship.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 6s7 seconds ago
More
This mattress was ordered the day after Laura #Babcock stopped using her phone or accessing money.

Do we really care what this egomaniac's hair looks like?

I don't recall any other descriptions of people's hair.

Maybe he's posturing for his future fan club. He took photography courses so now he will show his expertise there to impress the girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88