Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.09.17 - Day 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to remember something about a 32 "long". Any info on that?

And wasn't there a rumour that WM committed suicide with a "long" gun?
Good point. I don't remember that, but possible. I googled, and there are two cartridges : 0.32 S&W long, .32 Long Colt. Both seem to be revolver-oriented.

Just catching up. Is that a bag of ice or cold water he is holding in his left hand? We heard something earlier about pus, and wondering if he burnt himself.

So gross fact, when maggots are nearly done decomposing a dead animal, if they are in a container or something similar, it basically turns into a liquid with maggots everywhere. It's looks like puss...so that is my guess. She was there for so long she would have just been bones and maggot puss.

But DM's phone back-up would have shown incoming contact - call/text - from LB phone. Something is off compared to the opening statement and what we have seen regarding the phone bill (albeit not in this trial).

I think there may be more to come on this.

Me too! I have never heard of a vaporizer bag before today.

Vaporizors are easier on the lungs and thus getting popular.

I thought this witness was presenting what he found on the computers and the phone backups that were on them. Wasn't the last backup done in April? Then he wouldn't be able to talk about any communication after that.

Isn't there another witness coming who will present that information?

I think this is right.

So wait speaking of the guns. Did the crown ever say how they think LB was murdered? Do they have a theory at all as to the cause of death? And what's up with that mattress. Is that going somewhere?

They haven't said but I'm sure there is more to the mattress.

It's clear DM talking about his red clam shell suitcase earlier was so he could argue that the texts talking about the "red bag" he could say we're about the clamshell one.

I just realized I can't see pics on mobile, so that's what I'm missing.

This is my first post, but I've been a close follower through Tim's trial and now Laura's.

Today's evidence was really awful, I can't imagine Laura's parents sitting there and seeing the texts, the tarp, and the creepy MS pictures. I really hope the jury takes all these pieces of evidence together as a whole and finds them both guilty.

I have a legal question about Crown disclosure: How cleaned up is the disclosure that DM would have received? Would he have received 30 terabytes of raw data to analyze himself, or would he have been given the cleaned up exhibits showing exactly what the Crown would present?

Just curious, and thanks for everyone's great posts and analysis!

There is definitely more to the mattress. Why bring in the boys from the Sleep Country store as well as the delivery fellow?

MOO

I was watching this picture and it's really weird how I can see a skull imprint on the blue tarp, kind of in the upper middle part. So upsetting and sad

Seems similar to the Bosma evidence of hoses running...

In a way. However, they wouldn't bring up the hoses if there was no theory that they could support with evidence. There probably was a legal argument and the supporting evidence had to be excluded, so prosecution had to abandon that line.

I just saw more pics and video on CHCH. OMG! They showed the video of the inside of the Eliminator with something burning in it. Good Lord.

Can you send a link. I couldn't find anything current.

Just a thought about the point at the end of the tarp. May have been from one of their hands pulling it to where it is.

This is my first post, but I've been a close follower through Tim's trial and now Laura's.

Today's evidence was really awful, I can't imagine Laura's parents sitting there and seeing the texts, the tarp, and the creepy MS pictures. I really hope the jury takes all these pieces of evidence together as a whole and finds them both guilty.

I have a legal question about Crown disclosure: How cleaned up is the disclosure that DM would have received? Would he have received 30 terabytes of raw data to analyze himself, or would he have been given the cleaned up exhibits showing exactly what the Crown would present?

Just curious, and thanks for everyone's great posts and analysis!

Welcome bakingirl :welcome:

DM would have received everything in discovery that the prosecution has, including everything that they are not using.

MOO

I was watching this picture and it's really weird how I can see a skull imprint on the blue tarp, kind of in the upper middle part. So upsetting and sad

Welcome Gloria77 :welcome:

It's amazing the tricks your mind can play when you know what the tarp is alleged to be containing. Everyone will probably see things differently but you're so right when you say it's upsetting and sad to think of what is allegedly rolled up in that tarp.

:(

MOO

Just a thought about the point at the end of the tarp. May have been from one of their hands pulling it to where it is.
1000 things can be hypothesized about the tarp. It's possible to introduce a transformation (non-affine!) and gauge sizes. But it's too complex, inconclusive and won't fly. Could it contain a body? To me, seems that it could.

Tarps are not water tight. I don't think a tarp will hold putrefaction products. There are specially trained dogs that can identify and locate those smells. After that, swabbing could yield DNA.

Welcome Gloria77 :welcome:

It's amazing the tricks your mind can play when you know what the tarp is alleged to be containing. Everyone will probably see things differently but you're so right when you say it's upsetting and sad to think of what is allegedly rolled up in that tarp.

:(

MOO

Thank you Kamille for your warm welcome! I've been a lurker of this site for
some very long time now and decided to finally join. Full of wonderful people.

I was wondering about that bag as well. I almost want to say it could be a bag that perhaps covered LB's head. I wonder if they drugged her (unconscious) and suffocated her with a bag? This would be the cleanest way to do it. There would be no blood. And he may have needed the mattress replaced as LB's body most likely expelled urine/stool at death.

Just MOO

That bag is from a volcano vaporizer for vaping pot. There's a base used for heating up the pot and the resulting vapor inflates that bag and then you take small inhalations from that bag and keep it pinched in between.
https://www.google.ca/search?q=volc...UIEigB&biw=1024&bih=654#imgrc=QDAf4QxO8S6jsM:

Omg. Who does this?
This is gut-wrenching especially because.. Wow I have no words.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I know. Between that and the tarp...I don't know how her parents and brother are getting through this. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shortie05986