Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.16.17 - Day 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed the TB case closely, much more so than I am following this one (dropping in here occasionally), and read a great deal about RB and DM`s interactions. From those sources I inferred, and still think it likely, that RB`s rage is not personal nor based on something relatively trivial like a theft, or the inconvenience of being in the limelight. RB referred to DM as a `sick, twisted prick`and I would bet money that is because DM either tried to seduce (or worse actually succeded) one or another or RB`s daughters, who were around his age (older and younger) at the time DM spent much time with RB`s family. Something like that would activate the paternal rage-0-metre in no time and if he had cause to believe DM had harmed one of his daughters I can see very well why he would carry that rage even today.

We know almost nothing of DM`s upbringing, and assume he was a spoiled brat, but it is very likely that he was a deviant child from an early age, and his parents may have exerted considerable effort to get him appropriate help and to deal with his issues, to no avail. Thus I am reluctant to blame them, as some are born with biologically-based differences that predispose them to antisocial behaviour and worse. I also suspect FAS in DM`s case. None of which can be proven, but we know how totally manipulative, cruel and without conscience he can be now, and I can easily believe he was similar when he was embraced by RB`s family and he spread some of his toxic talents to his cousins - or tried to. We will likely never know, but I suspend judgement.

I feel sympathy for all the innocent people he has dragged into his poisonous web of evil and malevolence, including his relatives.

Thank you, guess I’m not the only one with this thought!

Another from July 1, and 2 2012.

Isho: ."32 but its a really nice nice compact piece im sure ud like it"
Then writes: 7:30.

Millard: "ok its here wanna get her out lol Paranoid my girls gonna come home"

Det. Jansz says a .32 is a 32-calibre fire arm. He adds "really nice nice compact piece" is a reference to a firearm.

Det. Jansz says "wanna get HER out lol" the her refers to a firearm.

"Keep it on the low" means, he says, not to tell anyone.
Are these tweets correct from the courtroom? I don't recall DM saying that.. I thought that was Iisho that said his girl was coming home?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

One thing I thought potentially relevant was DM’s history as a very young pilot. A certain suppression of an instinctive and developmentally appropriate fear would be required. Normal for parents to want to give their kids opportunity and success, but in hindsight not a good development point for a person who may already have inclined to the suppressed fear response typical of psychopaths. Also may have fed the thrill seeking. Where to go for that sort of thing when you’ve already flown aircraft solo on the first day you are 14?

That actually happens fairly often. My best friend as a kid was the youngest pilot as well when he got his license on his 4th birthday. Got the write up in the local paper too. It sounds like a gig deal but its not.

Still on July 2, 2012.

Isho: they said they gonna tell me how much in 5mins then i tell ya. dont think its gonna be much thow...if all goes as planned u will have domes tonight.
later he writes "ok so dude got back to me he was upset but he's taking 23"

Millard: "my bad been more hectic than usual.
that's great news!
it says 32 long on the side of it. can send pic as soon as im home."

Det. Jansz says "domes" are ammunition or bullets.

That's it for the Crown's questions.

Justice Michael Code tells the jury cross-examination will be tomorrow morning.

That's it for us. We're back at 10 a.m. Friday ET.

Thanks for following along.

by Shannon Martin 4:30 PM

Another from July 1, and 2 2012.

Isho: ."32 but its a really nice nice compact piece im sure ud like it"
Then writes: 7:30.

Millard: "ok its here wanna get her out lol Paranoid my girls gonna come home"

Det. Jansz says a .32 is a 32-calibre fire arm. He adds "really nice nice compact piece" is a reference to a firearm.

Det. Jansz says "wanna get HER out lol" the her refers to a firearm.

"Keep it on the low" means, he says, not to tell anyone.

Isho said that not Millard

I was hoping to hear what a 'spiff' might have been but that must have just been DM's own language for a wrapped up body that looks like a joint.

I’d have to respectfully disagree with you on this. She was a vulnerable, manipulated young girl with zero knowledge or any murders when she said she wanted to marry MS.

During the time leading up to the TB trial after his arrest, many realizations where made on her part. She then bravely testified to everything she knew, throwing them both under the bus. She didn’t seem to hold a thing back, even admitting to her own drug use and personal issues, not caring how it made her look. That’s what you do as a good witness who wants justice.

She’ll do the same again, and that’s why I respect her.

<modsnip> At the wedding she knew about TB and MS's involvement. She admitted it at the last trial. Her testimony at the trial was vague. She could not tell one word of what was said in Millards truck the day after the murder except "they were happy". <modsnip>

Lisa Hepfner&#8207;
@HefCHCHNews
Millard: "Is it possible on July 4, I would've came to the hangar in the Oldsmobile...and switched vehicles and left with the green van?"

Schlatman: "It's possible."

The Crown contends Babcock was killed sometime in the evening of July 3, 2012 or the morning of July 4, 2012.

I just wanted to bring this forward.

Why would DM bring that out in the open? We know he was driving the Olds while the Yukon was being worked on. We know he had the van at the farm with the rolled up tarp. He couldn't be so bold as to transfer LB's body from one vehicle to another at the hangar could he?

<modsnip> At the wedding she knew about TB and MS's involvement. She admitted it at the last trial. Her testimony at the trial was vague. She could not tell one word of what was said in Millards truck the day after the murder except "they were happy". <modsnip>

Haha so why didn't she want MS to go on the mission that night anyways? I mean she knew about other missions. Why was THAT one so different? Out past his bedtime? I think not.. Moo

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I do have an opinion about SS. He knew the bobcat was hot, and helped cover it up by removing the GPS. Under normal circumstances, that should have consequences. MOO

Hopefully he has lost his mechanic's licence since his shenanigans came to light - hence his now being in the 'forestry industry'. Wonder if they have him feeding deer in winter!

<modsnip> 20/20 hindsight - not what MM may or may not have known on that day. <modsnip>

I just wanted to bring this forward.

Why would DM bring that out in the open? We know he was driving the Olds while the Yukon was being worked on. We know he had the van at the farm with the rolled up tarp. He couldn't be so bold as to transfer LB's body from one vehicle to another at the hangar could he?
Transfer could have taken place inside the hanger, but risks SS seeing. Or maybe that wasn’t a big risk — said with tongue in cheek

All the others involved if they did know more or not, are free to walk away and maybe they will change their lives and stay out of trouble, who knows.
All I care about is the two main characters that planned , and enjoyed murdering are locked up for a long time. If there is a M1 conviction in this case to both of them , they probably will not get out of prison.
I am wondering about the case of M1 against MS, maybe the rest of witnesses will give more proof of M1 for him. A Bro. said that if it is proven beyond a reasonable doubt he helped plan Laura s murder that is enough for a M1 charge. \
The crown will finish next week. Hopefully, the defense will be over quickly and this trial is over.
Shocking how both murderers were linked and no one knew that DM had one victim for the incinerator before Tim Bosma.
The scary thing is that each murder it got easier to get rid of the bodies and evidence and horrible to think how much more they would have planned to kill.

Transfer could have taken place inside the hanger, but risks SS seeing. Or maybe that wasn&#8217;t a big risk &#8212; said with tongue in cheek

No, I don't think that at all. I'd like to see the map with his phone pings for the whole day.

So we’re still waiting for the crown to follow up with
Green van
Homemade incinerator
MM
? CN ( doubt she’ll testify)

Anyone have other thoughts

So we&#8217;re still waiting for the crown to follow up with
Green van
Homemade incinerator
MM
? CN ( doubt she&#8217;ll testify)

Anyone have other thoughts

YES! Some DNA evidence. For me, any DNA evidence of LB in the barn or barrels would ensure an M1.

I think this is an excellent and relevant point. Pleasing parents over anything DM felt.

I think being poorly attuned to a child&#8217;s emotional needs is a sadly common and easy mistake to make for parents, particularly when they&#8217;re distracted by their own problems as DM&#8217;s were. Parents are a long way out from being kids themselves, so they forget, and get everybody tangled up with accomplishment based stuff that may reflect glory but is not what a kid really needs the most. Much easier to see in hindsight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow