Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.16.17 - Day 17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but maybe he wouldn't have become a psychopath if he had a hug once in a while and maybe some companionship. It always struck me that the Millards didn't have a second child, at least to give DM some companionship. Must be hard to be an only child with parents that don't want a lot to do with you.

Furthermore, if your child is showing symptoms of being troubled, you get them the help they need. You don’t abandon and neglect them. With proper intervention maybe he wouldn’t be the psychopath he is today.

It’s sad all around. From every angle. With every family affected.

Compare the grace and restraint of Mr. Babcock on the stand. In that light it is even clearer to me how unusually self involved Burns has been over both trials. I really do think it’s striking.

Agree with this observation, however not sure comparing the two is relevant or for that matter fair. We all think what we think, react as we react especially if directly drawn into a terrible situation.

Fwiw, I see RB the same as a victim of identity theft - a horrible situation where people are literally forced to defend themselves against what someone else has done to them and the perp has all the breaks. Victims in identity theft are forced to climb a mountain to prove they are innocent and the impact on their lives in the meantime is horrendous.

We don't know exactly how this has impacted RB's life or that of his family - have to think it's been horrendous and maybe so for his business.

I get RB's hostility and support it. I also get how LB's father was on the stand and support that.

Crown Katie Doherty now reads an admission to the jury, about a Blue GMC Yukon.

She says, "In the spring of 2013, Millard was stopped while driving a Blue GMC Yukon. It was searched."

Doherty now shows us a number of photos of the vehicle. We see the inside, there is chocolate milk on the passenger seat. Loose change. Debit and credit cards. There are two large buckets. We also see a reddish-orange bag (looks like a gym bag), and a folder with papers inside.

She says, "In the spring of 2013, Millard was stopped while driving a Blue GMC Yukon. It was searched."

Doherty now shows us a number of photos of the vehicle. We see the inside, there is chocolate milk on the passenger seat. Loose change. Debit and credit cards. There are two large buckets. We also see a reddish-orange bag (looks like a gym bag), and a folder with papers inside.

Interesting....so what did they find in the Yukon?

Crown Katie Doherty now reads an admission to the jury, about a Blue GMC

Thanks for taking over! :) perfect timing!! I have to check in randomly now.

He called him a sick twisted prick after he was arrested for three murders. He may not have liked him previously, but he did allow him to travel to Europe with his family, so his hatred was obviously not what it is today.

I thought Dr Burns didn't go on that trip, and he also had no means to stop him.

One of his sons was in medical school at the time so he was obviously well into adulthood and I'm not sure how old his daughter was but I'm not sure that he would have been in a position to stop DM from tagging along.

Exactly.

Is this when he was arrested in connection with TB?

I'm not really seeing where RBs anger is coming from. I mean he'd severed ties with DM years ago. Sure he had to spend a few days in court, but he should be happy to do his civic duty. Feel sorry for everybody involved in something like this but calling him a victim is a stretch.

Fwiw not seeing that you or others would find it ok if you had to spend a few days in court, 5 years after the fact - knowing it was coming and had to stay involved all that time. Can see that many would see it as ok for others. Jmo.

Why was he stopped...?

As has been said in this forum before, DM wants to hear himself talk and show off his lawyering skills. :laughing:

I think this was all about taunting his uncle "Robbie" by using a former affectionate, familiar name, his sister MB and the rest of the family likely used, when RB wants nothing to do with DM, and has not wanted contact since 2002. Also DM managed to show a picture that includes his cousin, RB's son, so that will be entered into evidence, and his face, and name may now show up on the news, and in national newspapers, as well as all over the internet. Who wants it known that a member of their family caused this diabolical mess as RB called it ? Who wants to be tainted by that ? Certainly not a medical doctor, which is son may be by now. DM may have hoped something would happen to cause a mistrial, if he pushed enough of "Robbie's" buttons, but being the psychopath he is, he no doubt enjoyed it. IMO

This post lands at random ...

Although we try to keep members in line with TOS, we are not 100% thought police, and as a crime sleuthing forum it is hard to be 100% politically correct at all times. There is a fine line between opinion (i.e. of a witness) and a total violation of TOS.

This is a discussion forum with many varied opinions and speculation. Please do not tell others how/what to post or chastise other members for their theories or opinion. If you disagree with it, just say so and scroll on or use the Alert feature and leave it up to Mods to address the issue if necessary.

Thanks.

Fwiw not seeing that you or others would find it ok if you had to spend a few days in court, 5 years after the fact - knowing it was coming and had to stay involved all that time. Can see that many would see it as ok for others. Jmo.

Not only that but because DM made up the BS story about going into business with `Uncle Robbie` he no doubt as had to deal with endless enquiries from clients and I wouldn`t be surprised if his business hasn`t suffered some too.

It looks as though there is a 15 min break happening right now, but no tweets for about 15 mins...times like these make me miss Adam Carter and Lisa Hepfner's tweets. Although nothing is slowing down this board this afternoon!! Lots of great thoughts happening here!

IMHO it wouldn't be the nicest thing to keep in my brain cells. It's almost a type of abuse DM is inflicting on everyone- and for many, they may end up having to testify at the WM trial as well. DM doesn't have anything else better to do with his time these days then attend court- these other people have lives they'd like to live. Thinking of it, DM is probably more productive sitting in a jail cell than he ever was running free. MOO

DM may have hoped something would happen to cause a mistrial, if he pushed enough of "Robbie's" buttons, but being the psychopath he is, he no doubt enjoyed it. IMO

How can the mistrial happen due to a witness?

I think I have read that the DM dad was cremated as there was no more possibility to do investigations. Did it appear anywhere that was done "legally" and not in the eliminator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killjoy02