Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.21.17 - Day 19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a dim-wit - DM just admitted to having a handgun at his house, now corroborated by a crown witness. This was not in the testimony of any witness yet.
Arrogance and stupidity - what a combination.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews

Millard suggests the gun incident was the summer of 2012, and she agrees. He reminds her that she fired the gun at the Millard farm, targetting cans etc.

Meneses knows what a tricky scale is, she agreed. She and #Smich sold marijuana. "I wouldn't give my friends improper counts, I'm not that type of person," Meneses says, holding her chest.

Judge wants to know what a tricky scale is, and Meneses explains that it doesn't weigh an accurate gram of marijuana. She would add more weed when selling to her friends. "I know how his scales worked."

Did you sell marijuana to your friends that was not weighed properly? No. Emphatically. Is she lying? No. Millard wonders if he can change her mind. "Go for it." #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews

Meneses and #Smich would argue and #Millard would tell them to have a breakup party. Millard would tell them to break up. "I should have told you it was for your own good." Meneses agrees he should have.

Mark #Smich and his mother did not have much cash, Meneses agrees. Feeding her was a burden? #Smich made it seem more so than it was, she said. That's when they moved to #Millards for awhile.

The iPad in summer of 2012, Mark said, Dell wanted me to give this to you but I'm going to keep it but don't worry you can use it too. Meneses agrees that happened, after the three of them took the incinerator to Millard's farm then hangar. #LauraBabcock

"Im pretty certain I did not see that iPad until after that incident." That happened on July 23rd, Millard says, the court has heard this. If there are photos of you on July 5, 6,, 7, two weeks before, is that data wrong or your recollection? "My recollection could be wrong."

Meneses has given several interviews to police, she agrees she has read over them before court. "Are you aware certain things don't match up?" She's not. June 13, 2013 statement to police, she's asked to check. #LauraBabcock
So good old Dellen wanted to give Laura's iPad to Marlena?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews

Millard suggests the gun incident was the summer of 2012, and she agrees. He reminds her that she fired the gun at the Millard farm, targetting cans etc.

Meneses knows what a tricky scale is, she agreed. She and #Smich sold marijuana. "I wouldn't give my friends improper counts, I'm not that type of person," Meneses says, holding her chest.

Judge wants to know what a tricky scale is, and Meneses explains that it doesn't weigh an accurate gram of marijuana. She would add more weed when selling to her friends. "I know how his scales worked."

Did you sell marijuana to your friends that was not weighed properly? No. Emphatically. Is she lying? No. Millard wonders if he can change her mind. "Go for it." #LauraBabcock

He's establishing that she's a liar.. she just admitted to lying on the stand..

Nov 21 2017 11:34 AM

Millard, "I'm going to suggest you fired that gun."

Meneses, "No." Then she changes her mind, when Millard says they went to his farm and she fired it.

"Yes," she responds.

Millard, "So you were lying a second ago?"

Meneses, "Yes, I'm sorry."

Yikes!!! I was really hoping she would be truthful on the stand!!

Good morning RandomName479,

Thank you for sharing your time and great compassion to post the trial tweets.

You are very kind to do this and it is greatly appreciated!

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews

Meneses is reading a prior statement. She agrees she was dishonest, false and inaccurate with police when she first told them she didn't know anything about an incinerator. #LauraBabcock

Police warned her that it was a criminal offence to lie, but she has lied to police in past, she agrees. She lied under oath "yes but I corrected myself after." She also lied on the stand. "No," Meneses seems surprised at that. #LauraBabcock

April 2016 statement of Marlena Meneses, Millard wants to ask about. She is rereading it.... a conversation about phones. #LauraBabcock

Nov 21 2017 11:34 AM

Millard, "I'm going to suggest you fired that gun."

Meneses, "No." Then she changes her mind, when Millard says they went to his farm and she fired it.

"Yes," she responds.

Millard, "So you were lying a second ago?"

Meneses, "Yes, I'm sorry."
Wow.. Not sure the jury is going to find her a credible witness now. Moo

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews

Meneses is reading a prior statement. She agrees she was dishonest, false and inaccurate with police when she first told them she didn't know anything about an incinerator. #LauraBabcock

Police warned her that it was a criminal offence to lie, but she has lied to police in past, she agrees. She lied under oath "yes but I corrected myself after." She also lied on the stand. "No," Meneses seems surprised at that. #LauraBabcock

Lied on the stand about 10 minutes ago, and admitted to lying on the stand... terrible Crown witness..

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews

I would say whenever someone first gives statements they are lying with something like this. Mark told her not to tell them anything when he was arrested and I think immediately people lie. I think eventually people tell some truths later down the road. But when things start out a lie, it's now hard to tell fact from fiction so the entire testimony is pretty pointless IMO

Lied on the stand about 10 minutes ago, and admitted to lying on the stand... terrible Crown witness..

Not really. DM is doing a fine job of confirming someone told her to not pay attention when they tested the incinerator, and that the gun was real. She did not provide much more than that to the crown. MOO

Not really. DM is doing a fine job of confirming someone told her to not pay attention when they tested the incinerator, and that the gun was real. She did not provide much more than that to the crown. MOO
Good way to look at it Inspector_North

Nov 21 2017 11:47 AM

Millard, "Marlena, you've told a lot of lies under oath, haven't you?"
Meneses responds, "yes."
That concludes his cross-examination.
Justice Michael Code calls for morning recess. We're back in about 15.

Meneses responds, "yes."

Better be a FANTASTIC crown re-direct after Dungey is done..

Wow.. Not sure the jury is going to find her a credible witness now. Moo

I don't know..I'd like to hear reporters opinions who are there.

[FONT=&amp]She lied under oath "yes but I corrected myself after."[/FONT]
It could be that she misspoke....she didn't fire that gun in regards to this situation or anything illegal...but realized after the reminder that she DID fire the gun in the field for fun (just didn't think of that occasion when she was asked about the gun...or didn't think it was relevant) but admitted it when reminded. I don't think she should have admitted to lying..just to not remembering MOO

I would say whenever someone first gives statements they are lying with something like this. Mark told her not to tell them anything when he was arrested and I think immediately people lie. I think eventually people tell some truths later down the road. But when things start out a lie, it's now hard to tell fact from fiction so the entire testimony is pretty pointless IMO

Absolutely accurate observation for this "hole in the head" gang.

AM lied until he was almost charged with m1
MH lied until his dad intervened and got him a lawyer
Brandon lied, but also corrected himself later.

SS is still lying.

And I believe the only one we can trust is not testifying, Arthur's mom
MOO

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews

Meneses admitted to misleading police, under oath, she agrees. "The oath meant nothing because #Smich meant everything at that point? You answered yes," Millard says, and Meneses agrees

You've told a lot of lies under oath haven't you?
"Yes."
That's it. those are my only questions, #Millard says. Court break.

Meneses responds, "yes."
If someone admits to lying under oath... What if anything is done to them? Is it a criminal offence? So much for people feeling like she was the best out of the bunch. They are all in CYA mode IMO. Her saying that just made me even more upset.
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members