Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.21.17 - Day 19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
matou, while it may be gross to many, I wonder about the relevance? Is it a defensive move on the part of the crown, or an offensive move?

ITA and I don't know the relevance at all. Not being able to use a phone was a point mentioned as well as the bus stop. I think we need to go back and look for CN's texts and messages during July. There was a text from CN to DM about "Have fun doing big things." Not sure about the date. Maybe it was during the time she was supposed to not have a phone?

I have said it before and I will say it again 'how did this group of morally bankrupt losers all find one another?" Between the group of chums that went on "missions" to the associated girl friends, partners, parents, employees, there were so many in DM's circle interacting with one another who seem to lack empathy or conscience. Destroying evidence, stalking people, planning robberies, falsifying evidence etc. It is frightening to know that most of them walk amongst us and only 2 are behind bars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honestly besides DM and MS and perhaps MM and CN they seem like normal young people to me. If you could read the texts of any young 20somethings it's going to be the same stuff. Partying, drinking, drugs, sex, etc.

Confident I could take a phone of any 20 year and present a case they are degenerates. I know I could've done it with my texts and actions and think most would've considered me a good kid.

If you start from the assumption the rest of them are innocent, it's all reasonable even the horrible CN texts about LB. People are cruel behind each others back especially when young.

ITA and I don't know the relevance at all. Not being able to use a phone was a point mentioned as well as the bus stop. I think we need to go back and look for CN's texts and messages during July. There was a text from CN to DM about "Have fun doing big things." Not sure about the date. Maybe it was during the time she was supposed to not have a phone?

M 1 right there, bam

There was 'bad blood' between Dellen Millard and Laura Babcock, witness testifies
A friend of Dellen Millard told court that there was "bad blood" between the accused killer and Laura Babcock, who disappeared five years ago and is presumed dead.

Andrew Michalski, Millard's longtime best friend, said Babcock confided in him a few months before she vanished about a dramatic love triangle.

Millard had been sleeping with both Babcock and his girlfriend, Christina Noudga, at the same time, Michalski told court on Tuesday. He testified at the first-degree murder trial of Millard and Mark Smich, both accused of killing Babcock in the summer of 2012.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...ra-babcock-witness-testifies/article37043883/

Does anyone have any guesses as to who the last 2 witnesses might be. <modsnip>

Honestly besides DM and MS and perhaps MM and CN they seem like normal young people to me. If you could read the texts of any young 20somethings it's going to be the same stuff. Partying, drinking, drugs, sex, etc.

Confident I could take a phone of any 20 year and present a case they are degenerates. I know I could've done it with my texts and actions and think most would've considered me a good kid.

If you start from the assumption the rest of them are innocent, it's all reasonable even the horrible CN texts about LB. People are cruel behind each others back especially when young.

I beg to differ. I have a teenager and I see what is said in jest versus actively planning missions to steal (MH, AM, SS, DM, MS), destroying evidence (CN, MB, MH, AM) purchasing illegal arms (DM, MS, Isho..CN and MM tagging along), dealing drugs and creating trailers with secret compartments to take drugs across provincial borders...MM being asked to wear a false pregnancy belly across an international border to smuggle ammunition...it goes on and on and on. I have to be honest I don’t know any teens or 20-something’s who would find this to be normal behaviour MOO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you read about two more witnesses?
Shannon Martin&#8207; [FONT=&quot]@ShannonMartinTV [video=twitter;933079937296293888]https://twitter.com/ShannonMartinTV/status/933079937296293888[/video]More

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"The Crown has two witnesses left to call. Neither of them are lengthy. We are very very much ahead of schedule again... We'll probably have a short day tomorrow," says Code.
[/FONT]

I beg to differ. I have a teenager and I see what is said in jest versus actively planning missions to steal (MH, AM, SS, DM, MS), destroying evidence (CN, MB, MH, AM) purchasing illegal arms (DM, MS, Isho..CN and MM tagging along), dealing drugs and creating trailers with secret compartments to take drugs across provincial borders...MM being asked to wear a false pregnancy belly across an international border to smuggle ammunition...it goes on and on and on. I have to be honest I don’t know any teens or 20-something’s who would find this to be normal behaviour MOO.

What evidence did anyone destroy besides CN and the trailer?

The rest in your list is stuff DM and MS or I should did or asked people to do. I'm not saying they are normal.

I agree with this post 100%

I'm hoping, however unlikely, that one of the remaining witnesses introduces DNA from the rake. It could be there if they used it to break up things as it burned. Knocking chunks down, below the concrete tubes in the eliminator. That could also explain why a second burn, to get rid of SS's bad smells was required. MOO.

The rest in your list is stuff DM and MS or I should did or asked people to do. I'm not saying they are normal.

Hide evidence, lie to police, stalk LB by request, smuggle letters out of jail despite a no contact order, remove drugs and very likely murder weapons so as not to be found by police, lie on stand in court cause they didn&#8217;t want to remember, remove gps locators from stolen vehicles, remove windshields from stolen trucks while the owners were still missing and their families were begging for info on there whereabouts, remove finger prints, hide eliminator, hide getaway vehicle for the boss, convieniently forget anything not already proven by independent police investigation

I mean... DM having a picture of a body sized object wrapped up in a tarp, human bones in an incinerator on his farm, the victim’s phone pinging the cell tower closest to his house and having her personal belongings is actually a really strong case, IMO. At least for DM.

I do think the trial seems to be rushed a bit, but “no real evidence” doesn’t seem to be true at all.

I agree with Night-is-Mine.
A picture of his dog beside that old rug he soiled so bad that he had to wrap in a tarp just to carry it out.
Big dog bones that he didn't want MM to see cause she loves dogs and she knew this one.
Victims phone pings within a mile or two of his house because it was the same tower
and she traded him her stuff for dope before she ran away with her new Doctor friend to start a new life.

Any more evidence?
He even asked his buddy to keep an eye on her, cause he really liked her, and cared how she was.

A picture of his dog beside that old rug he soiled so bad that he had to wrap in a tarp just to carry it out.
Big dog bones that he didn't want MM to see cause she loves dogs and she knew this one.
Victims phone pings within a mile or two of his house because it was the same tower
and she traded him her stuff for dope before she ran away with her new Doctor friend to start a new life.

Any more evidence?
He even asked his buddy to keep an eye on her, cause he really liked her, and cared how she was.

The cell tower is 400m not “a mile or two”.
They’re not dog bones.
It has to be reasonable doubt, not just doubt.

“I will hurt her and remove her from our lives”.

I am old school and fail to believe that if a sociopath friend(s) asks you to do something and you go along with it, you are not culpable. They may not have charged with breaking the law but I do find their behaviour morally reprehensible. I think of the Bosma’s having to listen to evidence about MH and AM getting the ‘drugs’ aka ‘guns’ out of the house etc and my heart breaks.

Any more evidence?

Exactly and thank you. All of this "evidence" can be easily explained. If the jurors never heard of the TB trial they would never actually think someone would use the eliminator in such way either. All of this looks as good evidence to everyone here because they know what these 2 are capable of. If we never heard of them this would be a weak circumstantial case. And that might be what the jury is thinking too.

Hide evidence, lie to police, stalk LB by request, smuggle letters out of jail despite a no contact order, remove drugs and very likely murder weapons so as not to be found by police, lie on stand in court cause they didn&#8217;t want to remember, remove gps locators from stolen vehicles, remove windshields from stolen trucks while the owners were still missing and their families were begging for info on there whereabouts, remove finger prints, hide eliminator, hide getaway vehicle for the boss, convieniently forget anything not already proven by independent police investigation

SS and his activity are on this list. I don't consider him part of the young people involved.

For the rest of the list:
Hide evidence - don't know what was hidden but assuming you mean the drugs and toolbox that was directed by MS
Stalk LB by request - AM was in Winnipeg, its not like he was hiding in the bushes.
Smuggle letters - that was DM's lawyer and mother.
Remove drugs/murder weapon - they didn't know it was a murder weapon and I don't think that trying to avoid trouble is an uncommon move

The rest is SS actions or DM led activity.

Either way - there is nothing frightening about them being outside of prison. They aren't dangers to the public.

Wow. I don’t see the totality of what they’ve presented to be “easily explained” away at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member