Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.23.17 - Day 21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see how you can think that way for *both* murders though. If you use the “MS didn’t see it coming” line for the first murder he’s involved in covering up, that takes it away for TB, no? MS had already helped DM dispose of a body when he went on that test drive with a gun. He knew DM was willing to kill.

MS and DM are both of the same frame of mind. F@@@ everyone, f@@@the rules, f@@@ the law, just do what you want and no conscience or morals. Lie, steal and kill are the rules they clearly lived by. So glad they are both in prison where they belong. The dreamers can believe what they want about each of these but they are not in any position to kill anyone else. For that, I am glad. For Laura's and Tim's families, nothing will bring their loved ones back, but at least there will be no more victims. Thank goodness Tim's death ultimately solved the LB case, and took these 2 off the streets. Tim didn't die in vain.

JMO

I think that's the part that is missing to me - I agree Smich was in on the 'grand plan', at least the vision DM was pitching at the time. But what was that grand plan? What was it? I never accepted that it was for a truck and I don't yet accept that it was for Laura. And, btw, who or what was in the incinerator in August? Someone or something new? I feel like there is a piece we are missing with the incinerator that would finally make things make sense.

Don't bother trying. MOO

“I don’t know what goes on in your head.” - Robert Burns

The letters definitely are incriminating.... Without of the letters DM was likely to be convicted. With the letters it's a sealed deal.

For MS, the letters are probably not such a bad thing. Can't be admitted against MS. How could it be bad? Removes any doubts that LB's life ended there and then. But if MS really was at fault, DM wouldn't have to make up all these stories. Truth is almost invariably very simple.

What he made up is worthy of a cheap fiction novel. He went to CN (!) early in the morning (!) to tap on her window (!) and then somehow they see MS and LB enjoying cocaine in the basement (!). Why not say "MS got enraged with LB's comment about his rapping ability, grabbed a knife and stabbed her in the chest"? That's how some 75% of homicides happen, I imagine.

I wonder if Dungey participated in the arguments at all. And if he did, then on which side?

At this point DM has absoposilutely nothing to lose and all bets are off.

I think DM was trying to soften his involvement by making it sound like he was going to help MS on the straight and narrow for an OD accident. It would not be in DM's favour to remain silent if it was a violent murder by MS.

the night Laura disappeared, i came over to your place very early in the morning...i tapped on your window. i told you Laura was over doing coke with mark in the basement. we went to say goodnight to them. you saw her alive with mark, with coke. maybe they were going to leave to get more.

you and i don't like coke. we vaporized, we ****ed, i drove you home. we did not go to see if they were still home.

I like how Millard has to put the "we ****ed" in there. Even in the make believe world this guy is too much.

Makes me think of how many times "they ****ed" in one of CN's stories on the stand in the Bosma trial. I think DM came home at 5 am exhausted from some phase of the cover up and they still managed three times by 8 am or something.

Don't bother trying. MOO

“I don’t know what goes on in your head.” - Robert Burns

Somebody made the point earlier that part of the problem is trying to put logical thoughts and motivations in criminal heads. Probably so true.

I think DM was trying to soften his involvement by making it sound like he was going to help MS on the straight and narrow for an OD accident. It would not be in DM's favour to remain silent if it was a violent murder by MS.
So he's willing to frame and blame his "friend" for one murder and put that in writing and tries to create a story with CN. Makes me wonder why it isn't plausible he'd do it again, and again. Wondering if he would have done the same to his bestie had he been in town. I'm actually now curious what Wayne's murder trial will look like. Are there letters regarding that too? What story does he want people to tell. Because clearly he is trying to run his narrative through his peers... MOO

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

In my head she answered his original question "H...a...n...g........h.i.m."

Woah - when I saw the way you wrote this a whole new meaning for *how to you spell h..a..n..g..'e..r.." came to mind. A veiled threat perhaps.

Also think there is no way DM calls CN for his defense.

Hi NoodlesMcGee, I agree. Someone else said it earlier, but CN would be ticked off beyond belief that he called her fat and offered her to his friend.

Hell has no fury like a woman scorned.

Soften involvement? :) I think for him anything less than M1 is a big big win.

Bro bro I'll help you cremate this poor girl in this monstrous evil looking animal incinerator only if you promise to quit coke stay in school and take your vitamins.

[bbm]

Smich had heroin???

If you read the text messages between MS and DM on the night of July 3rd, it appears Smich was waiting for an update from DM (it appears he was in the same house, but clearly not in the same room). As soon as DM took the body away, Smich had the "black tar" and was working with the tar while DM was driving to the farm to presumably dispose of the body. I think these texts show that MS was collaborating with DM on the murder (even if he wasn't in the room when the murder happened). That is enough for M1.

I think he will call her, simply because he can. It's not so much about what she can offer his defence (little to nothing), it's about exercising control and power over the people he once knew. And I have a feeling this one would be extra satisfying for him.

Good point. I keep forgetting that he is so abnormal.

Bro bro I'll help you cremate this poor girl in this monstrous evil looking animal incinerator only if you promise to quit coke stay in school and take your vitamins.

Rings almost as true as MS volunteering for cremation duty, posing proudly for pictures, and writing a grotesque rap about it while not knowing about any plan for murder. And yet, that's a scenario a lot of people on this forum (want to) believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teemariee