Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.27.17 - Day 22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jash asked the following in the weekend forum.

"I thought it was his ex Jenn who showed up with Rabbit."

Yes, you are correct.

From ABRO's website

"A source who was on the scene at the Millard family home the night police investigated the death, said that those present included Dellen Millard, his mother and Wayne’s ex-wife, Madeleine Burns, and Dellen Millard’s ex-fiancee, who cannot be named due to a publication ban. As far as I can tell, these are the only people police initially questioned about Wayne Millard’s death."

I’m tried, I’ve been tired for a long time....reading all the posts on WS, FB and Twitter is causing me to stay up too late, and my hands are developing some sort of tendinitis from holding my phone for hours. I’m just saying all this in case I ever need to use it in a trial. Now you all know how tired I am 😂

Lisa Hepfner @HefCHCHNews

Michelski and Millard talking about getting girls. Michelski is shy, he says. Millard is going to stay single for 2012, he says. #LauraBabcock

Millard has finished reading his extra text messages as part of his admissions. #LauraBabcock

Judge tells jury it's time for lunch and there's a final issue he needs to deal with so "I'm gonna have to ask you to, leave us for the afternoon and come back tomorrow morning at 10 oclock, and we'll hear, perhaps, some more defence evidence at that time." #LauraBabcock

Perhaps. Yes, this judge has had enough B.S. This has to be the overall vibe in the courtroom.

I just got home from an appointment, I had to drive past Smich’s mom’s house to get there. I know this isn’t directly related to today’s evidence but it got me thinking. There has been so much emphasis on Millard being rich and Smich being broke. Everyone has been given the impression that Smich is a dumb tough guy with street connections. Well I can tell you, his family had money. He lived in a decent size house on a big corner lot just meters from the famous Glen Abbey golf course. Everyone around him had money. They also say he was close to his family. I don’t think MS was dumb in any way. I think he was totally leeching off DM and just wanted life to be one big party. DM may have portrayed himself as being the rich kid that helped everyone else out, letting them stay and eat at his home, but none of them were hard done by in the least.
Oakville is a nice area however how can you be sure he had money? Because of the house location? IIRC his parents were separated. Many times the house is given up in the divorce especially if Mom raised the kids. Just because they had a family home, doesn't mean they have any money IMO

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I think that "being tired" was an excuse to give himself a break from his minions. IMO

Yes and I also wouldn’t be surprised if he were telling cerain women that he was too tired and was going to get some sleep, as an excuse. I’ve often wondered how he could seemingly so easily get away with so much “extra-curicular activity” without raising suspicion with girlfriends. I’d be curious to see surrounding texts with other people at the time of those”I’m too tired” texts. Wouldn’t be surprised to see that he wasn’t actually trying to catch up on sleep all those times.

I don’t think the sleep stuff was frivolous. Were I on that jury I would have found his lack of sleep for two days after Laura dropped off the grid fairly damning. Now I wouldn’t reasonably be able to use it that way. And he could theoretically explain the rush mattress in the sleep context as well if he wanted to - desperate for any way to improve his chances for sleep.

The MM stuff may be a precursor to argue that she did smuggle ammo from the US, and she did that for MS, either rather than or in addition to doing it for DM.

Direction with the SL stuff is obvious.

If I were on the jury, I wouldn't be swayed about his lack of sleep. His lifestyle explains it. Lots of other evidence, moot point.

Lisa Hepfner @HefCHCHNews

Michelski and Millard talking about getting girls. Michelski is shy, he says. Millard is going to stay single for 2012, he says. #LauraBabcock

Millard has finished reading his extra text messages as part of his admissions. #LauraBabcock

Judge tells jury it's time for lunch and there's a final issue he needs to deal with so "I'm gonna have to ask you to, leave us for the afternoon and come back tomorrow morning at 10 oclock, and we'll hear, perhaps, some more defence evidence at that time." #LauraBabcock
Final issue :Telling DM to cut to the chase>then perhaps some more defence 10 am tomorrow.

He was so tired yet he had no problem staying up all night to burn bodies, and drive around doing illegal things. The jury isn't going to forget how much time he spent partying etc.

Why would the judge allow him more time? This is ridiculous. He already had the entire weekend + some. Maybe the witness hasn't arrived in town yet...

Oakville is a nice area however how can you be sure he had money? Because of the house location? IIRC his parents were separated. Many times the house is given up in the divorce especially if Mom raised the kids. Just because they had a family home, doesn't mean they have any money IMO

Hahaha Houses are never given up in a divorce! Just saying...

I had a friend growing up that lived on Lakeshore Road in Burlington. I've never forgotten what he once told me. While everyone that lived on Lakeshore may seem rich with their large homes and adjecent tennis courts, most are actually poor because of their steep mortgages and spending habits. This is a generalization of course, but you get my point.

Hahaha Houses are never given up in a divorce! Just saying...
Yes they are. My sister got the family home when her and her husband divorced and she also has all 4 kids. Not that he couldn't raise them himself. But it definitely happens. Especially if Smich's Mom was a stay at home Mom like many European mothers.

Her ex also has to pay spousal support and child support. She was a stay at home Mom. So she definitely didn't buy him out and I know he would not give it willingly. Lol

Is the court on lunch right now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm always tired too. So what? LOL It is laughable.

I had a friend growing up that lived on Lakeshore Road in Burlington. I've never forgotten what he once told me. While everyone that lived on Lakeshore may seem rich with their large homes and adjecent tennis courts, most are actually poor because of their steep mortgages and spending habits. This is a generalization of course, but you get my point.
That's absolutely true. I grew up in the area. While my family is an older family (as in my parents bought their home back in the 60s and paid it off by the early 80s), the cost of houses now is the area is insane. They sold and retired with a nice sum of money.

Is the court on lunch right now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes and no. Judge sent the Jury home. Said he had other business to deal with regarding the Defence this afternoon.

Re Millard in the aircraft repair pic...Hey Mr Millard please show us your aircraft repair license. IIRC you cannot work haphazardly upon an aircraft like that unless you are a licensed aircraft mechanic? Can someone in the know educate us on this requirement?

Anyone can do repair work on a registered aircraft but it takes a licensed aircraft maintenance engineer to sign off the work and release the aircraft back to service. There are provisions for home built class and owner maintained small private aircraft but that requires a permanent change to that aircrafts certificate of airworthiness that substantially lowers the value of said aircraft.

I wonder if DM is planning on calling any real evidence or is he just doing this in order to help the Crown against MS.

Now that DM has presented evidence the Crown gets to address the jury last which is a big advantage and even though MS may not present any evidence, he is tied to DM's decision.

It must suck to be co-accused with a lunatic.

The MM stuff may be a precursor to argue that she did smuggle ammo from the US, and she did that for MS, either rather than or in addition to doing it for DM.

The date for MM returning to Canada with Millard was July 30th, much later then July 3rd.

Well, I rushed around to get work completed so I could be here only to find out that trial was delayed a bit, then to read from courtroom all about DM's sleep deprivation which one would already guess with all the partying, stealing, smoking, drinking, racing and trying to accommodate all of the ladies plus run a business and provide for all the minions. YAWN

OMG.... Hi ho, Hi ho, Back to work I go --see you all tomorrow--Can't wait to see if Judge lets this continue on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper