Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.27.17 - Day 22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oakville is a nice area however how can you be sure he had money? Because of the house location? IIRC his parents were separated. Many times the house is given up in the divorce especially if Mom raised the kids. Just because they had a family home, doesn't mean they have any money IMO

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Smich's father is an Engineering Manager. Median salary for that position is $118,000. He's been at that company for 37 years so he's likely doing a little better than that.

On that note. CN posted a photo on Instagram early this morning with some old-school stamps. If you zoom in on the stamps, you will see "Toronto" imprinted on them. So, it seems she might be in town and who knows; we may get to see her take the stand again...

Sorry James9, didn’t realize I should have replied with quote.

Re Millard in the aircraft repair pic...Hey Mr Millard please show us your aircraft repair license. IIRC you cannot work haphazardly upon an aircraft like that unless you are a licensed aircraft mechanic? Can someone in the know educate us on this requirement?

LOL. I'm hoping licensed aircraft mechanics can't work haphazardly on an aircraft either!

Well that was certainly anti climatic - he's tired - so are we all !!!
Oh and he speaks Spanish of course !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL. I'm hoping licensed aircraft mechanics can't work haphazardly on an aircraft either!

But, but, but, he looks so competent with that wrench in his hand, and another in his mouth. :biglaugh:

attachment.php

Attachments

• dmpail2.png
    dmpail2.png
    783.2 KB · Views: 223
Smich's father is an Engineering Manager. Median salary for that position is $118,000. He's been at that company for 37 years so he's likely doing a little better than that.
But he doesn't live with the mother.

Waiting to see how the headlines will read tonight.

Millard speaks Spanish in key admission, Pedo pretends not to understand

Millard facing new count of first degree irony as jury falls asleep

Millard stands at centre of courtroom, Smich moves head for first time

I agree completely, but they bought the home in the first place, so the family had money at some point. And his mom moved there with the “kids” (who were adults at the time). They only moved there 10 years ago and his mom is now the only one living in the house. He obviously doesn’t have any money now, but my point is that he had privilege and opportunity in his life, just like DM did. They both made very bad choices. Growing up with a mother and sisters, with whom he had what has been reported as a close relationship with, and moving to a thriving upper middle class (if not upper class) neighbourhood..... he had a chance to make something of himself and chose instead to hang out with DM and smoke pot and drink all day. Eventually he probably had to come to rely on DM because he was so messed up.

It was more of just an observation about the background of both DM and MS. I just think they both gave up so much in life and I can’t figure out why. I think DM is a psychopath, but what happened with MS? He seems like an ahole but he is not the same as DM, and yet he still just threw it all away. IMO

I agree with where you are going with this. I think it all has something to do with standing on your own as a young adult in this world. Just because either of their families have money, doesn't mean they as individuals do, and especially so in MS's case. His lack of ambition in his younger years, never having graduated high school for example, clearly impacted him and put him at a disadvantage as he got older, looking to or aspiring to establish himself. I can see the line being drawn for him to turn to a life of crime, given his personal circumstances.

How that escalates to being complicit in two murders is something I'm still trying to figure out myself. DM on the other hand is just a complete psychopath.

I agree with where you are going with this. I think it all has something to do with standing on your own as a young adult in this world. Just because either of their families have money, doesn't mean they as individuals do, and especially so in MS's case. His lack of ambition in his younger years, never having graduated high school for example, clearly impacted him and put him at a disadvantage as he got older, looking to or aspiring to establish himself. I can see the line being drawn for him to turn to a life of crime, given his personal circumstances.

How that escalates to being complicit in two murders is something I'm still trying to figure out myself. DM on the other hand is just a complete psychopath.

When a son does not have a meaningful relationship with his father I think it can be especially hard when the family left behind is all women. As much as they love him, there are emotional and psychological needs they won't be able to anticipate or fully understand. A boy can drift in those circumstances.

From Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV

New court sketch from today, as Millard begins his defence. Art by Pam Davies. #LauraBabcock [video=twitter;935266746122100738]https://twitter.com/ShannonMartinTV/status/935266746122100738[/video]

Look at that rat's tail growing behind DM's ear. Does MS have a rat's tail too?

But he doesn't live with the mother.

Yes he does...or was. But this also goes to show that his father was a very educated man who has held a stable job for decades and makes a decent living. I guess none of that wore off on MS.

His father is hardly mentioned at all. I wonder what his involvement with the family has been like since his divorce.

I also wonder who is paying Dungey....

New court sketch from today, as Millard begins his defence. Art by Pam Davies. #LauraBabcock [video=twitter;935266746122100738]https://twitter.com/ShannonMartinTV/status/935266746122100738[/video]

In a CN letter he said he was growing a beard to make a point to his lawyer about how long it had been between visits. I wonder if that braid is marking time in some way as well.

I wonder what the significance of the rat tail is. He made a comment in one of his letters that he didn’t shave in between his appointments with his lawyers so that he could show them how long it has been in between their visits. I feel like this rat tail is demonstrating something, or signalling something. It’s a small piece of his long hair. Weird.

Yes he does...or was. But this also goes to show that his father was a very educated man who has held a stable job for decades and makes a decent living. I guess none of that wore off on MS.

His father is hardly mentioned at all. I wonder what his involvement with the family has been like since his divorce.

I also wonder who is paying Dungey....
I meant the parents don't live together

In a CN letter he said he was growing a beard to make a point to his lawyer about how long it had been between visits. I wonder if that braid is marking time in some way as well.

Sorry, didn’t see your reply before I posted mine. That was my first thought too

Millard speaks Spanish in key admission, Pedo pretends not to understand

Millard facing new count of first degree irony as jury falls asleep

Millard stands at centre of courtroom, Smich moves head for first time

LOL, that is awesome. Whatever the headlines are today, it’s not going to be as good as “Millard facing new count of first degree irony as jury falls asleep”

Thanks for the laughter!

I wonder what the significance of the rat tail is. He made a comment in one of his letters that he didn’t shave in between his appointments with his lawyers so that he could show them how long it has been in between their visits. I feel like this rat tail is demonstrating something, or signalling something. It’s a small piece of his long hair. Weird.

Signficance could mean Jedi master.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member