Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.27.17 - Day 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think the sleep stuff was frivolous. Were I on that jury I would have found his lack of sleep for two days after Laura dropped off the grid fairly damning. Now I wouldn’t reasonably be able to use it that way. And he could theoretically explain the rush mattress in the sleep context as well if he wanted to - desperate for any way to improve his chances for sleep.

The MM stuff may be a precursor to argue that she did smuggle ammo from the US, and she did that for MS, either rather than or in addition to doing it for DM.

Direction with the SL stuff is obvious.

How was the SL stuff obvious? He was confused with dates and phone numbers, so?
Maybe I just haven't had enough coffee today. :dunno:
All in all, none of this is going to work for DM.

No not said yet but I think we are on leaning on a “I was too tired to kill anyone” defense :laughing:
Just catching up...
With all the work hours DM was putting in, I would be interested to see Financial Statememts.
Primarily itemized Expense and Revenue reports.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I have no trouble believing that DM was very tired...

...tired of LB interfering with him and CN, so he killed her.

What is this worthless evidence that DM is bringing forward? Ridiculous.

I'm confused about the evidence (and not just in the WTF sense). Are these "admissions" similar to "agreed statements of fact"? Can the Crown cross examine on these issues?
Also, is he standing up and reading these admissions as in the role of lawyer, or is he seated as a witness?

I think that "being tired" was an excuse to give himself a break from his minions. IMO

I'm confused about the evidence (and not just in the WTF sense). Are these "admissions" similar to "agreed statements of fact"? Can the Crown cross examine on these issues?
Also, is he standing up and reading these admissions as in the role of lawyer, or is he seated as a witness?

Good question. It doesn't seem likely that the crown can cross-examine anything as there's no witness testimony TO cross-examine. It was tweeted that DM was standing at the podium so I'm assuming he was in the role of "lawyer" today.

I would love to know the reaction of the Jury as he was reading those texts.

How was the SL stuff obvious? He was confused with dates and phone numbers, so?
Maybe I just haven't had enough coffee today. :dunno:
All in all, none of this is going to work for DM.

I just mean it’s obvious how he will try to use it. He will try to create doubt about the date that Laura was last seen or heard from by exploiting the confusion of others.

I think his efforts will work well enough in their own little lanes, but big picture he’s still on a huge freeway of evidence about to get run over by the guilty truck.

I just mean it’s obvious how he will try to use it. He will try to create doubt about the date that Laura was last seen or heard from by exploiting the confusion of others.

I think his efforts will work well enough in their own little lanes, but big picture he’s still on a huge freeway of evidence about to get run over by the guilty truck.

Agreed. He's just grasping at straws and trying to create a reason why he couldn't have done what he is accused of. Quite frankly those letters were the nail in his coffin. A slum dunk, if you will.

I can't wait to hear his narrative though. What a waste of time and energy for all concerned.

MOO

Agreed. He's just grasping at straws and trying to create a reason why he couldn't have done what he is accused of. Quite frankly those letters were the nail in his coffin. A slum dunk, if you will.

I can't wait to hear his narrative though. What a waste of time and energy for all concerned.

MOO
He would have been better off to pled insanity or something. I might believe that lol

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Millard is now reading some text messages in Spanish, from May 9, 2012.

There is no translation, so he does it for the court.

He tells the jury generally the texts deal with his sleep troubles.

"But I don't have the energy," he translates, about one message.
by Shannon Martin 12:48 PM
I think he wants to make it clear to everyone that the most interesting man in the world speaks Spanish.

I don't imagine he's sleeping very well these days, trying desperately to think up something to present in his own defense. "I know, I'll get them to feel sorry for me. When I show them how tired I was, that it wasn't as much fun as it seems, their hearts will soften and they will say 'poor little lamb'".

I don't imagine he's sleeping very well these days, trying desperately to think up something to present in his own defense. "I know, I'll get them to feel sorry for me. When I show them how tired I was, that it wasn't as much fun as it seems, their hearts will soften and they will say 'poor little lamb'".

I wonder if he finds his government supplied mattress comfortable? Not something he has the freedom to replace these days. MOO

Re Millard in the aircraft repair pic...Hey Mr Millard please show us your aircraft repair license. IIRC you cannot work haphazardly upon an aircraft like that unless you are a licensed aircraft mechanic? Can someone in the know educate us on this requirement?

The text to his father on Father's day? I love you dad? GMAB please. Is he getting his trials messed up? Did Mr Millard do a lot of texting before he was killed?

I just got home from an appointment, I had to drive past Smich’s mom’s house to get there. I know this isn’t directly related to today’s evidence but it got me thinking. There has been so much emphasis on Millard being rich and Smich being broke. Everyone has been given the impression that Smich is a dumb tough guy with street connections. Well I can tell you, his family had money. He lived in a decent size house on a big corner lot just meters from the famous Glen Abbey golf course. Everyone around him had money. They also say he was close to his family. I don’t think MS was dumb in any way. I think he was totally leeching off DM and just wanted life to be one big party. DM may have portrayed himself as being the rich kid that helped everyone else out, letting them stay and eat at his home, but none of them were hard done by in the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramsie101