Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.28.17 - Day 23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Austerweil the BF she bought the dog for? The one who she was going to marry? The one who was a drug addict and going to inherit millions from his grandfather?
That's who came to mind for me, so I think you're correct.

No, the one who had the sexual relationship with DM was Lisa Whidden, his real estate agent. This is a different Lisa (Williams), married to Charles Dubien, the IT guy.

And business neighbor to Robert Burns.

Millard asks, "Are you absolutely certain it was October 2012 or some other date?"

The witness says he's sure.

Millard asks if he wants to see his police statement to refresh his memory.

The Crown hands it over.

Austerweil now reads his police statement and says it does not refresh his memory.
by Shannon Martin 3:56 PM

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
1m1 minute ago
More
The voice sounded like #LauraBabcock's, he says. Is he sure it was Oct 2012? He's sure it was October. Would he like to see his statement to refresh his memory? Sure.

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
1m1 minute ago
More
Austerweil says he caught Babcocks eye but moved on, he heard her voice, it sounded like Laura's voice. She was asking about hemp. He is quite sure it was Oct 2012.

LOL. Yes. Settle down! :) This is Millard Air bookkeeper Lisa and the other Lisa was the real estate agent - the latter is the Lisa DM was sleeping with.
Hahaha thanks. I've got it now

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
1m1 minute ago
More
After looking at his statement, he still thinks it was October 2012. Statement didn't help, he says. Millard clears his throat. "It might be on page 18." #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
1m1 minute ago
More
He's not certain about the date, he says. #Smich lawyer Dungey asking now. #LauraBabcock left her clothes behind. Austerweil brought them to her parents. He thought they were nice.

Millard wraps his questioning.

Thomas Dungey, Smich's lawyer has some questions.

"You knew Laura quite well, from those few months she dated your son? You knew exactly what she looked like and some problems she had with her problems?"

Austerweil, "It was amicable for sure."

She helped out and cleaned around the house. She left some clothes at her house, which he returned to her parents.

Dungey, "She graduated from University of Toronto and was trying to get work in the field?"

Austerweil says yes, she wanted work in acting.

by Shannon Martin 4:01 PM

Austerweil says in early 2012, Babcock would stay over at his house four or five times a week.

As for this Oct. 2012 sighting, he says she was "much thinner." She was more dressed up than usual, he says. She was at the cashier, paying for her purchases.

He says, "the interaction was very brief. I walked into the store and caught eyes. There was no verbal interaction."

He said Babcock was talking to the cashier about using hemp as part of a diet.

He thought she was working in the entertainment business.
by Shannon Martin 3:55 PM

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
2m2 minutes ago
More
How else did Laura look that day? "To me she appeared a lot thinner than I remembered. The clothes were not common clothes that I saw her wear before. She was a casual dresser. I'd never seen her dressed up as she was dressed up." #LauraBabcock

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
1m1 minute ago
More
Austerweil says the last time he saw Laura Babcock was Oct 2012 in a nut store near Eglinton and Lawrence. Has not seen her since. She appeared thinner, she looked dressed up, looked like she was "working" in the entertainment business.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
57s57 seconds ago
More
She looked like "she was working, if you will, in the entertainment business." Woman was leaving the store, paid and left. The interaction was brief. We caught eyes. I didn't want to interact so I walked by her. She was speaking to the cashier about how to use hemp for diet.

Eglinton and Lawrence run parallel. They do not intersect. I call BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So now DM is trying to prove LB was alive in Oct 2012. Good luck with that.

Dungey points out in Austerweil's police statement that he said he saw Babcock in March.

Austerweil says he's confused because his son and Laura broke up in March 2012, and he thought he saw her a couple months later.

Dungey, "There is no doubt in your mind when you saw her it the store, it was Laura?"

Austerweil, says in his police statement he was 97 per cent sure he saw her. "And I was shocked."

by Shannon Martin 4:04 PM

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
1m1 minute ago
More
He's a corporate recruiter. "So you deal with people all the time, right?" Dungey says. He agrees he pays attention to people and their body language. In his statement he says March, not October of 2012. But they broke up in March of 2012, He's thinking aloud.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
29s29 seconds ago
More
She and his son broke up in March, and he didn't see her for a few months, so he's guessing it was October that he saw #LauraBabcock. His statement said he was 97 per cent sure that was her, and he was "shocked to say the least that I saw her."

My guess is it was a lame attempt at showing that WM was well aware of the eliminator purchase... and so maybe that possibly indicates it was not purchased for nefarious purposes???

DM is grasping at any straws he can scrape up... lol

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk
Yes but WM is no longer here for some unknown reason. Perhaps he found out too much? Moo

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I'm sure this gentleman is convinced he saw Laura. Many eyewitnesses swear by their ears and eyes and are proven wrong in the end. I just can't see the bubbly, friendly LB not acknowledging him and chatting.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
20s20 seconds ago
More
He's never been interviewed by the crowns in the case to give testimony. He doesn't remember if he gave more than one police interview. "She looked like a hooker, right?" Dungey clarifies, and he agrees. #LauraBabcock looked skinny. "People call me crazy but..." he feels sure.

So now DM is trying to prove LB was alive in Oct 2012. Good luck with that.

Looks like another failed witness!

Just want to thank everyone for their comments so far today - this is such a horrible experience and it's great to have some comic relief along the way. While I laugh, like you, I also cry at the insanity of this sad story.

Dungey says, "When you said in she worked in the 'entertainment business' you were being innocent. In your police statement you said she looked like a hooker."

Austerweil agrees. He says she lost about 50 pounds.

Dungey repeats there is no question it was Babcock.

"People have said I'm crazy, but that's how I feel."

Dungey is finished.
by Shannon Martin 4:07 PM

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
7s7 seconds ago
More
As in, Austerweil is certain he actually saw #LauraBabcock. He recently had a triple bypass. Says he was sick "for a few days. I recover quick."

"She looked like a hooker, right?"

Um, no.

I'm sure this gentleman is convinced he saw Laura. Many eyewitnesses swear by their ears and eyes and are proven wrong in the end. I just can't see the bubbly, friendly LB not acknowledging him and chatting.
Know how many people call in tips about seeing missing people. I call BS.
She was missing and it was on the news. He was shocked to see her.
Did he call it in? Why was he shocked to see her?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member