Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.28.17 - Day 23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LB had a degree from U of T?

March and Oct are 7 months apart...big gap there His statement says March?

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
6s6 seconds ago
More
Austerweil says it looked like she lost 50lbs, " I'm 97 percent sure, I was shocked to say the least that I saw her"
Crown: You were shocked because u knew she was missing?
Yes

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
11s11 seconds ago
More
Austerweil says he was shocked to see #LauraBabcock in the nut store because he knew she was missing at the time.

Crown Jill Cameron is up.

She points out he's had some health troubles, heart surgery.

She says, "When you say you were shocked when you saw Laura, that's because she was missing?"

Austerweil says that's correct.

by Shannon Martin 4:08 PM

Damn I'm really impressed. DM creating doubt left and right. He should have represented himself in the TB trial instead of hiring those two imbeciles.

She lost 50 lbs...so she was dead then when he saw her.

Damn I'm really impressed. DM creating doubt left and right. He should have represented himself in the TB trial instead of hiring those two imbeciles.

The only doubt he is creating is whether he has any brain cells whatsoever.

Cameron asks about when he met Babcock's parents, he thought they were nice people?

He agrees.

Cameron, "You learned she was missing through David?"

Austerweil, "No, through the media."

by Shannon Martin 4:10 PM

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
43s43 seconds ago
More
Austerweil says he learned about #LauraBabcock being missing through the media. He thought her parents were nice. Why would he not tell the parents of a missing girl that you had see their daughter? He felt she wasn't misisng, she wanted to be missing.

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
6s6 seconds ago
More
Austerweil says it looked like she lost 50lbs, " I'm 97 percent sure, I was shocked to say the least that I saw her"
Crown: You were shocked because u knew she was missing?
Yes

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
11s11 seconds ago
More
Austerweil says he was shocked to see #LauraBabcock in the nut store because he knew she was missing at the time.

Crown Jill Cameron is up.

She points out he's had some health troubles, heart surgery.

She says, "When you say you were shocked when you saw Laura, that's because she was missing?"

Austerweil says that's correct.

by Shannon Martin 4:08 PM

Why didn't he report seeing her to the police? He wasn't involved, his son wasn't involved and he knew she was missing, yet he didn't say anything at the time. That doesn't add up.

Knew she was missing...shocked to see her...and avoided talking to her?!??!!???!!!

She lost 50 lbs...so she was dead then when he saw her.

Laura is always thin in photos that we have seen published. Even if she was 140lbs., losing 50 would make a 5'10" girl look emaciated at 90lbs. That doesn't sound right.

Lost 50 pounds? I thought she was thin in june of 2012. Did she lose it all in April and May?

attachment.php

Attachments

• lb.jpg
    lb.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 261
Cameron asks if he ever told her parents that he saw them in a store?

"Because I felt that Laura, based on the conversations I had with her, that she was in my mind, she wasn't missing. She wanted to be missing."

Cameron, "You didn't care about how her parents would be feeling?"

Austerweil, "I felt like she'd probably been out of the country doing some acting gig."

Cameron, "But you saw her in Toronto."

Austerweil says he feels she was "just playing them" and she disappeared "through her own intentions."
by Shannon Martin 4:12 PM

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
1m1 minute ago
More
"She was probably out of the country doing some acting gig that she talked about," he says. "She disappeared through her own intentions," he says. "Didn't it feel right to you to go to her parents and tell them you had seen their daughter?" In retrospect, yes.

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
1m1 minute ago
More
Austerweil knew she was missing from the media.
Crown: When you saw her in the nut store, why didn't you tell the parents of a missing girl that u had saw her?
Austerweil: In my mind , She wanted to be missing.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
45s45 seconds ago
More
Until May 22 2013, he never went up to Laura Babcock parents, and he never went to police. Police went to him for information about #LauraBabcock. He's good with faces? Yes. Does he remember her missing person picture? Yes, one that looked like her and one that didn't.

Laura is always thin in photos that we have seen published. Even if she was 140lbs., losing 50 would make a 5'10" girl look emaciated at 90lbs. That doesn't sound right.

Exactly, she wouldn't be alive.

Crown Cameron points he never went to the police - they went to him. He agrees.

Cameron asks about his police statement, he talked about two photographs where he saw Babcock. One he recognized, another he didn't.

Cameron, "You told the police you saw a missing person ads and the picture being used was not her."
by Shannon Martin 4:15 PM

a314a0a2-8966-459d-a231-86ee3d26ce96_500.jpg
https://images.scribblelive.com/2017/11/28/a314a0a2-8966-459d-a231-86ee3d26ce96_500.jpg
by Shannon Martin 4:15 PM

Cameron pulls up the below photo - it's the one Austerweil told police was not Babcock.
by Shannon Martin 4:16 PM

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
2m2 minutes ago
More
Crown presses Austerweil , why he wouldn't tell her parents, why not go to the police if he saw her in Toronto.
Austerweil: I felt she had disappeared of her own intentions.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
1m1 minute ago
More
Cameron puts up the missing photo of #LauraBabcock we have seen in court. Austerweil told police this wasn't Laura. He didn't see the resemblance. Would he be surprised to learn that is Laura Babcock? Yes.

This is HUGE. Someone who knows someone personally doesn't just confuse them in real life up close like that.

How could the witness have learned through the media to be shocked at seeing LB in October 2012 when LB being missing wasn't even reported in the media until after Tim was killed in 2013?

Some other girl. Besides he can't be so sure! He said it sounded like her.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
30s30 seconds ago
More
He still doesn't see a resemblance to Laura Babcock in the Laura Babcock missing poster, he still says. Millard is going to play the meowing video.

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
28s28 seconds ago
More
Austerweil did not go to police but they came to interview him. He told police that Babcock looked nothing like the woman in the missing persons poster.
Austerweil: I don't see a resemblance.

How could the witness have learned through the media to be shocked at seeing LB in October 2012 when LB being missing wasn't even reported in the media until after Tim was killed in 2013?

She was in the media before TB was killed because I was shocked when I heard that her disappearance and the TB murder were linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member