Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.28.17 - Day 23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did DM just get his own witness to admit that he didn't recognize LB?

I don't think he was expecting his witness to do that. I think he was attempting to show that someone saw her after the crown says she was murdered. But... it didn't go so well....

Hold on... This witness is a little bit ridiculous in my opinion.

-Says he saw LB in October 2012, but actually/maybe March 2012, and she looked like a hooker. How does someone look like a hooker? I don't understand. Did you ASK if she was a hooker?
-Says LB lost 50LBS. 50LBS? That's a lot of pounds.
-Says he's 97% certain. (again, ???)
-Says she wasn't missing, she was fooling them (?!?!?!)
-Tells police the missing persons photo is NOT LB (..........)

This witness makes quite a lot of outlandish, random, arbitrary statements.

Isn’t the guy the ex-boyfriend who apparently assaulted her named David? Is that this guy’s dad who is testifying?

Dungey points out in Austerweil's police statement that he said he saw Babcock in March.

Austerweil says he's confused because his son and Laura broke up in March 2012, and he thought he saw her a couple months later.

Dungey, "There is no doubt in your mind when you saw her it the store, it was Laura?"

Austerweil, says in his police statement he was 97 per cent sure he saw her. "And I was shocked."

by Shannon Martin 4:04 PM

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
1m1 minute ago
More
He's a corporate recruiter. "So you deal with people all the time, right?" Dungey says. He agrees he pays attention to people and their body language. In his statement he says March, not October of 2012. But they broke up in March of 2012, He's thinking aloud.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
29s29 seconds ago
More
She and his son broke up in March, and he didn't see her for a few months, so he's guessing it was October that he saw #LauraBabcock. His statement said he was 97 per cent sure that was her, and he was "shocked to say the least that I saw her."

BBM A few/couple of months since March could very well take you to May/June??? JMO

Isn’t the guy the ex-boyfriend who apparently assaulted her named David? Is that this guy’s dad who is testifying?

I thought he didn't actually assault her, she started banging her own head against the wall at the mall after she shoplifted and then got shipped off to the hospital...

Hold on... This witness is a little bit ridiculous in my opinion.

-Says he saw LB in October 2012, but actually/maybe March 2012, and she looked like a hooker. How does someone look like a hooker? I don't understand. Did you ASK if she was a hooker?
-Says LB lost 50LBS. 50LBS? That's a lot of pounds.
-Says he's 97% certain. (again, ???)
-Says she wasn't missing, she was fooling them (?!?!?!)
-Tells police the missing persons photo is NOT LB (..........)

This witness makes quite a lot of outlandish, random, arbitrary statements.

<rbbm>

He said that he the last time he saw her before the October sighting was in March, around the time that her and his son broke up.

I thought he didn't actually assault her, she started banging her own head against the wall at the mall after she shoplifted and then got shipped off to the hospital...

He said, she said. All we know is that the charges were dropped in September of 2012.

a314a0a2-8966-459d-a231-86ee3d26ce96_500.jpg

Thanks for that XFP, and to all who corrected me. I shall crawl back into my cubby now if I can remember where it is :blush:

If there is any lesson a criminal can learn from this it has to be get a lawyer. This is embarrassing. Especially when your witnesses are easily discredited, made to look silly and unprepared on the stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a defence put forward that has crashed and burned as badly as DM's had so far.

No lawyer would ever present evidence that is going to be so thoroughly discredited because then you lose credibility with the jury on anything else that you try to tell them.

I wonder what DM has in store for us tomorrow.....

The Crown is done with him.

They could call some rebuttal evidence on the point but I don't think they need to.

Gabe recently had triple bypass surgery. It can cause memory fog.

"Coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG) offers a new lease on life for thousands of people each year whose hearts aren&#8217;t getting the blood they need to work properly. But it has also been blamed for &#8220;brain fog,&#8221; a loss of memory and thinking skills that follows the procedure in some people. Such brain problems are often called cognitive impairment."

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog...of-memory-loss-cognitive-decline-201507228148

If there is any lesson a criminal can learn from this it has to be get a lawyer. This is embarrassing. Especially when your witnesses are easily discredited, made to look silly and unprepared on the stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must have left his textbook back at the jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member