Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.28.17 - Day 23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dungey points out in Austerweil's police statement that he said he saw Babcock in March.

Austerweil says he's confused because his son and Laura broke up in March 2012, and he thought he saw her a couple months later.

Dungey, "There is no doubt in your mind when you saw her it the store, it was Laura?"

Austerweil, says in his police statement he was 97 per cent sure he saw her. "And I was shocked."

by Shannon Martin 4:04 PM

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
1m1 minute ago
More
He's a corporate recruiter. "So you deal with people all the time, right?" Dungey says. He agrees he pays attention to people and their body language. In his statement he says March, not October of 2012. But they broke up in March of 2012, He's thinking aloud.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
29s29 seconds ago
More
She and his son broke up in March, and he didn't see her for a few months, so he's guessing it was October that he saw #LauraBabcock. His statement said he was 97 per cent sure that was her, and he was "shocked to say the least that I saw her."

Omg!! Is this guy on payroll too! They broke up in March and he seen LB a few months later, maybe in June Mr. A? And not 7/8 months later?

Since the last ping on LB's phone occurred between DM's residence and MS' if DM testifies he should just say he dropped her off at the location of the ping and went on his way.

Don't really understand the defence line of thought here. Here you have a witness saying he's 97% sure he saw LB in October, which you would think would be helpful to both accused. And not just any old witness but one who had seen her in his house on numerous occasions. But both DM and Dungey seemed to want to discredit him. Maybe this conflicts with MS's story that we've yet to hear, but I'm surprised that Dungey didn't just pass like he has done all through the trial.
As for GA, maybe he wanted to believe he saw her because he was worried that his son might be responsible. Actually it would not have surprised me if DM had tried to pin it on DA.

<modsnip> Her parents long accepted her fate by now. Different story back then.

Who needs surveillance? This man knew her personally and saw her up close. If he says 97% it's 97%.

Wouldn't surveillance then help to clear up that remaining 3%??? He is still admitting there is a 3% chance that he is wrong....

Wouldn't surveillance then help to clear up that remaining 3%??? He is still admitting there is a 3% chance that he is wrong....

Surveillance videos are always horrid. I think the 3% is stemming from the weight loss.

She was at the 'nut store' but didn't pick up her dog that she loved so much? Don't think so.

Some information has been clarified in MSM - GA wasn't sure if he saw LB in October 2012 or March 2013.

&#8220;People have said I'm crazy, but I saw what I saw,&#8221; he said.

Under cross examination from the Crown, Austerweil read through his police statement where he told a detective he saw her in March 2013. He said he saw her in October 2012.

He said he was good at recognizing faces.

The Crown showed him a photograph of Babcock that police released when she went missing.

&#8220;Would it surprise you to know that's a picture of her?&#8221; Cameron asked.

&#8220;Yes,&#8221; he said.

http://www.cp24.com/news/photo-of-bones-burning-in-incinerator-focus-of-testimony-in-babcock-murder-trial-1.3697995

If Laura was still alive in October 2012 or March 2013, Noudga would have gone crazy with jealousy.

If Laura was still alive in October 2012 or March 2013, Noudga would have gone crazy with jealousy.

DM sure went out on the limb to make up that OD story before he was charged. What's up with that?

You are just joking around?

"Austerweil says he's confused because his son and Laura broke up in March 2012, and he thought he saw her a couple months later."

MOO

I feel like we are being punk’d......If this is the best defender DM can muster I see another 25 in his future.....MOO

Ya know, at the end of the day, none of this matters. We know LB is "gone, gone", and at the hands of the accused. We know this not just because of phone pings, text messages, rap songs, and expert witnesses, we know this beyond a reasonable doubt because of DM's letters to CN.
He can try every defence tactic in the book, nothing is going to discredit the words he wrote all by himself.

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a defence put forward that has crashed and burned as badly as DM's had so far.

No lawyer would ever present evidence that is going to be so thoroughly discredited because then you lose credibility with the jury on anything else that you try to tell them.

I wonder what DM has in store for us tomorrow.....
Oh I think the list may be long. We haven't heard from any of his aviation instructors, his teachers at school, his ex-fiance, his real estate agent, neighbouring farmer, hunters, any of his tenants, bank tellers. IMHO, DM is behaving like any manipulative psychopath would behave.

DM doesn't understand why criminal lawyers like TD sit silent a lot of the time- they know that less is actually more. Quality over quantity. I can't imagine DM closing his defence until he gets up on the stand and brings it on home. IMO, he gave most of his defence when he was cross-examining the crowns witnesses. TD won't let the Jury forget about DM's letters trying to implicate his client. DM is so done. MOO

The Crown did a good job today with discrediting the witnesses.

On a side note... how do you block a user here?

I feel like we are being punk’d......If this is the best defender DM can muster I see another 25 in his future.....MOO

LOL .Another career move DM he can hang up in failure. He reminds me of a know-it-all who can't tie his own shoes without them coming loose and tripping. But he sure doesn't have any problem giving out instructions. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member