Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.05.17 - Closing Arguments - Day 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has MS name even been mentioned once today? You'd almost forget he was there!

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
3m3 minutes ago
"You saw her alive and there was coke on the bar," Millard writes to Noudga in the letter about #Babcock. "I'm trying to confirm what her evidence would be if she did come to testify," Millard tells jury.

2m2 minutes ago
"I have a tendency to speak to ppl in their language," #Millard tells the jury, after putting up a letter to Noudga in which he's speaking Ukrainian. He told them he spoke to his "Spanish workers" in Spanish too. #LauraBabcock

Millard points out another letter to Noudga, where he wrote:

"[that stuff] i wrote before, about seeing Mark and someone at Maplegate, partying in the basement, that was brainstorming, forget it."

Millard says there is an absence of evidence before the jury to really understand what this means.

by Shannon Martin 1:15 PM

Uh huh, sure. I bet they will :cuckoo:

Millard says the letter was written sometime before April 10, 2014, when they were seized by police from Noudga's bedroom.

He says he did not get any disclosure leading up to the trial, just a missing persons poster that said Babcock disappeared June 26, 2012.

Of the letter to Noudga about the night Babcock disappeared, Millard tells the jury:

"It's of little evidentiary value, because we haven't heard from Christina to tell us what it means."
by Shannon Martin 1:13 PM

Is he serious? You have to speak to the recipient of a letter to understand what it means?

3m3 minutes ago
Later, #Millard writes, "that was brainstorming, forget it," to Noudga. What did he mean by that? We can't know because no one testified about that, Millard says. Does it mean it was false, or that it was true but I don't want you to repeat it? #LauraBabcock

Millard now goes through texts he exchanged with Babcock, that court has previously seen.

The text reads in part, Millard to Babcock, in mid April 2012.

"I don't know your disorder. its yours and you don't know anyone else's. it's unfortunate you got dealt a bad hand. i don't blame you for your disorder..."

It goes on, "you are harmful to me. please don't try to contact me until you've made some huge leaps of self discover. as i said before, good luck with life."

He's circled the world "until" on the large screen in court.

He tells the jury, "I am saying, look leave me alone for awhile. There's no threat here. There is no animus [his word]. This is what existed between Laura and myself."
by Shannon Martin 11:45 AM

Hhmmm dealt a bad hand? That must explain why she only has ‘5 fingers and 5 toes’ is she missing a foot as well? This never came up before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Millard goes on about the original letter, where he writes about the night Laura disappeared, saying she OD'd in the basement after doing coke with Mark.

Millard says, "While I say this letter has little evidentiary value, because we haven't heard from Christina, that minimal value it has is that it points away from murder. At its highest it's talking about trafficking and drugs."

Justice Michael Code calls for the lunch break. We'll be back at 2:30 p.m. ET

by Shannon Martin 1:21 PM

If someone else could pick up the blog when it's back in session, it would be much appreciated :)

2m2 minutes ago
Millard says there are many ways to interpret the letter he wrote to Noudga. He suggests he was worried about getting caught trafficking drugs, not murder, and he asks the jury not to judge him for his other criminal behaviour proven at this trial. #LauraBabcock

1m1 minute ago
Lunch break until 2:30. #LauraBabcock.

It has come up before and it was during MWJ testimony. At first I took it as meaning it can from MWJ to Millard and i thought whoa, scary guy telling DM to slow down and back off a bit.
Hhmmm dealt a bad hand? That must explain why she only has ‘5 fingers and 5 toes’ is she missing a foot as well? This never came up before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3m3 minutes ago
"You saw her alive and there was coke on the bar," Millard writes to Noudga in the letter about #Babcock. "I'm trying to confirm what her evidence would be if she did come to testify," Millard tells jury.

2m2 minutes ago
"I have a tendency to speak to ppl in their language," #Millard tells the jury, after putting up a letter to Noudga in which he's speaking Ukrainian. He told them he spoke to his "Spanish workers" in Spanish too. #LauraBabcock

No no, you're telling her what to say if she did come to testify. That is clear, move along now. :seeya:

2m2 minutes ago
Millard says there are many ways to interpret the letter he wrote to Noudga. He suggests he was worried about getting caught trafficking drugs, not murder, and he asks the jury not to judge him for his other criminal behaviour proven at this trial. #LauraBabcock

1m1 minute ago
Lunch break until 2:30. #LauraBabcock.

What would CN add to this evidence? She can't speak to what the writer of the letter was intending!
DM can speak to that. It feels a bit like a young kid being caught with something and making big "maybe" statements to try and find a plausible possibility aside from their guilt. And I would imagine, as a juror, I'd be having a hard time keeping a straight face, much like the parent on the receiving end of their child's reasonings.
jmo

So they ARE still talking??? Smart move be on the crown to not call her. Sounds like she was there as crown witness, as some thought but crown let her warm the bench. Great move because DM then couldn’t call her as a witness to collaborate more BS and turn the courtroom into a circus!

oooo never thought of that

Although, I agree with DM that the 'triangle' wasn't the motive. For DM, the real motive was the thrill of killing. The 'triangle' was only a justification. Just like TB was not killed because of the truck.

Although, I agree with DM that the 'triangle' wasn't the motive. For DM, the real motive was the thrill of killing. The 'triangle' was only a justification. Just like TB was not killed because of the truck.

Yes, the love triangle motive is always a bit of a stretch with a psychopath.

I`ll bet the Crown backs off on that a bit in her closing and says it`s a possible motive but there are plenty of other possible reasons.

so·lil·o·quy
səˈliləkwē/
noun
noun: soliloquy; plural noun: soliloquies

an act of speaking one's thoughts aloud when by oneself or regardless of any hearers, especially by a character in a play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danielrosini