Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.12.17 - Final Charge - *Verdict Watch*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
COME ON.

(But also: "Did you get some legal advice on this?" I can imagine the look on Justice Code's face as he asked this.) He wants another way to delay this and so he can play lawyer again, ugh. he is so disgusting.

ETA: Jill Cameron's head must be about to explode.
He wants another way to delay this and so he can play lawyer again, ugh. he is so disgusting.

I am guessing that the mistrial application is based on Dungey’s comment about Millard’s character.

I don't see a problem with what Dungey said. DM spent most of the trial impugning his own character in to show that he couldn't care less about the women in his life in order to refute the love triangle motive.

What Dungey said was an accurate reflection of what occurred in the Courtroom.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews

Back in court waiting for verdict in #LauraBabcock murder trial. Stay tuned! @CHCHNews 6pm for the day's story. Breaking news tweeted here.

Court has reconvened in the #LauraBabcock murder trial, in the absence of the deliberating jury. Judge says Dellen #Millard has a mistrial application. "Did you get some legal advice on this?"

He did get some advice over the lunch hour. The mistrial application has to do with Dungey's closing to the jury for Mark #Smich. Judge says this is the first he's heard of this and needs to pull materials. Taking 20 minutes. #LauraBabcock.

Snipped from the TD closing to the jury...
"I'm not here trying to demean Mr. Millard. He did quite sufficiently his own job of demeaning his own character," Dungey says.
by Adam Carter 10:28 AM

TD must have really upset MB's "little lamb" DM by that well placed uppercut... now DM has had time to stew... feeling the pressure of the jury's forthcoming verdict... adding another 25 years to his sentence... he is breaking...

"Mistrial!! Mistrial!! That Dungey made me look bad.... (sniffle sniffle whine)"

Snipped from the TD closing to the jury...

TD must have really upset MB's "little lamb" DM by that well placed uppercut... now DM has had time to stew... feeling the pressure of the jury's forthcoming verdict... adding another 25 years to his sentence... he is breaking...

"Mistrial!! Mistrial!! That Dungey made me look bad.... (sniffle sniffle whine)"

And has his knickers in a knot as to why the jury wanted the closing statements

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV

We were called back into the courtroom briefly without the jury at the Laura Babcock murder trial. Justice Michael Code says he's received an application for a mistrial by Dellen Millard. He's asked for a 20-minute break to review the document.
#LauraBabcock

We are still waiting on Justice Code to return to the courtroom.
#LauraBabcock

Mark Carcasole‏Verified account @MarkCarcGlobal

A little south of here at the #LauraBabcock trial, Dellen #Millard has put in an application for a mistrial. Claims it has to do with comments made during Tom Dungey's closing arguments on behalf of Mark #Smich. Justice Code taking time to examine complaint.

Michele Mandel‏Verified account @MandelSun

While jury deliberates, Dellen Millard is seeking a mistrial saying his Co-accused Smich advanced antagonistic defence

I have no idea what this is about, but I'm pretty sure it will be dealt with in short order by Justice Code.
Could the Judge then say well tit for tat. If you want "this" excluded then "this" opens a door here...?

You could possibly be right, but I think it is to be inferred to mean something otherwise, much like the spliff and MM possibly parading around in LB's possessions. These were in included into evidence for some reason. Also note one pic of MM she has two bras on at the same time.

What would MM having two bras on have anything to do with this case? I thought the pictures of MM were just to show that there were pictures taken on LB's ipad?

No, but she has been/participated by being a "look out" or "spotter"
Yes, there were some texts that suggested that. I can't recall however if there was evidence or testimony to conclude she did in fact do so.

In any sense, I'm of the opinion that when considering any of the folks who participated in the previous criminal activity, it doesn't prove that they were necessarily complicit in or knew of a murder. JMO.

There was no DM character evidence introduced at trial other than what can be inferred from the texts and oral testimony. But Dungey was not talking about that. He was talking about DM the lawyer, which is inappropriate, though accurate IMO.

Thank you! I'm glad there is at least one other person that doesn't only see MM through rose coloured glasses.
I definitely don't consider MM the innocent little victim she portrayed at all. She was young but look at her photos during both murders, not one of them show he anything but smiling and having a good time. During the video with the sick rap song about a murder look at MM in that video she was enjoying listening to him rap. They were both the same MS and MM and if MS and DM had not been caught I believe she would have become more involved with the crimes.

I don't think DM has any concept about how serious a breach would have to be in order for a judge to declare a mistrial after a 7 week jury trial.

If there ha been such a breach, the judge and the Crown would have both leapt at it and contained it as son as the words were out of Dungey's mouth.

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV
Justice Michael Code says he's received an application for a mistrial by Dellen Millard. He's asked for a 20-minute break to review the document.

Allows 6 minutes for a coffee, 5 minutes to grab a quick bite, 4 minutes for a morning 'crunch', 2 minutes to comb hair and adjust the robe, 1 minute to walk back into the courtroom.
2 minutes to review and decide NO.

What would MM having two bras on have anything to do with this case? I thought the pictures of MM were just to show that there were pictures taken on LB's ipad?
I bet MM did take some of Laura s possessions. She had a dress on in one picture and it looked like a dress that Laura had worn in one of her picutures, without a doubt I believe she took some of Laura s possessions, this is not a nice person, just like MS is not a nice person.

Allows 6 minutes for a coffee, 5 minutes to grab a quick bite, 4 minutes for a morning 'crunch', 2 minutes to comb hair and adjust the robe, 1 minute to walk back into the courtroom.
2 minutes to review and decide NO.

I respectfully disagree. Twenty minutes for a smoke to soothe the nerves and control the temper LOL

There was no DM character evidence introduced at trial other than what can be inferred from the texts and oral testimony. But Dungey was not talking about that. He was talking about DM the lawyer, which is inappropriate, though accurate IMO.

I disagree. Lawyers regularly use positions taken by other lawyers on issues as evidence of inconsistencies on behalf of the accused.

I said possibly LB's possessions. Crown alluded to that in their closing i believe. Therefore IF they were LB's = suspicious she is wearing 2 bras. idk just an observation.

[FONT=&quot]marianne boucher‏ @CityCourtsTO 11m11 minutes agoMore

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Millard has submitted a mistrial application, in the absence of the jury, his grounds are that he has "suffered irreparable prejudice as a result of Smich's antagonist defence and its surprise delivery", wants mistrial.
[/FONT]
Surprise delivery?
DM has heard the TD delivery previously, I so confused

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics