Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.12.17 - Final Charge - *Verdict Watch*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for posting that. It's lovely to hear of some normal human reactions, both in your thoughtfulness in bringing Laura's parents coffee and doughnuts and them asking you to have lunch with them.

It made me feel quite emotional, so I'm glad you had that experience.

It did make both them and I emotional when we first met. Apparently CB is not a hug person (his wife and sister attested to this) but he gave me a big bear hug. We spent over an hour talking and laughing and although I'm not going to put our conversations on here for their own privacy, they are just so down to earth and sweet.

If you Google "Dellen Millard" the stub shows on the right side of the screen. Below it is a "feedback" link.
When you click on that, the stub has a bunch of individual fields that you can click on and request a correction.

The "Canadian Aircraft Pilot" field - we have been asking them to correct to "Convicted Murderer", let's get the truth out.

Jump in and help - crowd-sourced correction - there is strength in numbers!!!

(If you do the same for Paul Bernardo, it says "Canadian Serial Killer". DM deserves no less....)
Completed. I didn't realize this option was available. Thank you for the input

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I think we're about due for a question or two from the jury before the day is finished.

I think we're about due for a question or two from the jury before the day is finished.

Can one verdict be announced while they return to continue deliberating on the other?
I didn't see reference to that tweeted in the judge's charge.

I’m assuming if they don’t have a verdict by the end of the day tomorrow they will continue deliberating through the weekend. Is this true?

Can one verdict be announced while they return to continue deliberating on the other?
I think they have to return both verdicts at the same time as they were tried together

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

I've never seen it done that way.

I've always seen all the verdicts being announced at the same time even if the jury is unable to reach a verdict on one of the counts.

Well... an update
This morning, a bunch of us requested that Google make some edits to the "Canadian Aircraft Pilot" description.
Further, I also requested that Google remove Tim Bosma's picture from the Dellen Millard stub as I found that offensive, given that Dellen Millard murdered Tim.

As of 15:00, Tim Bosma's picture no longer appears with the Dellen Millard stub. So things seem to be happening... WOOT!

Soon, it should read "Convicted Murderer"

I just checked and Tim's picture still shows for me.

ETA: I cleaned my browser's cookies and cache - I no longer see his picture now. :)

Something came up on my twitter feed that I thought if some of you shared your thoughts -Canada would benefit!

The Government of Canada (www.tcjs-tsjp.ca) is undertaking a broad review of Canada's Criminal Justice System!
To make sure it is fair and promotes a safe,just,compassionate, etc etc Canadian Society and looking for input in this consultation they say will help the department understand what we all want to expect from the criminal justice system.

I have no idea what this is about, but I'm pretty sure it will be dealt with in short order by Justice Code.

Catching up I am not going to jump ahead, I am not going to jump ahead Lol but thanks DeaconB this relaxed me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shannon Martin‏
@ShannonMartinTV
57s57 seconds ago

We've been called into the courtroom at the Laura Babcock murder trial. Justice Code is here, no jury. Just the Crown, defence, and media. #LauraBabcock

Shannon Martin‏
@ShannonMartinTV
37s37 seconds ago

Millard has given the court slides, that go with his closing address. The copies will go to the jury.
#LauraBabcock

I’m assuming if they don’t have a verdict by the end of the day tomorrow they will continue deliberating through the weekend. Is this true?

I thought that the Jury opted to skip weekends when Justice Code earlier gave them the option?

Shannon Martin‏
@ShannonMartinTV
37s37 seconds ago

Millard has given the court slides, that go with his closing address. The copies will go to the jury.
#LauraBabcock

As if it will make any difference... waste of everyone's time...

I thought that the Jury opted to skip weekends when Justice Code earlier gave them the option?

I believe that weekend choice was just about the judge giving his charge over the weekend. The jury doesn't have a choice when it comes to deliberations.

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV 3m3 minutes ago

We've been called into the courtroom at the Laura Babcock murder trial. Justice Code is here, no jury. Just the Crown, defence, and media.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews

Jury is not coming in. #Millard has finished putting together the powerpoint file from his closing address, and it will be given to the jury in their room.

Judge will tell us as soon as he knows whether the jury will continue to work until 7:30-8pm, like they have the last two nights.

I believe that weekend choice was just about the judge giving his charge over the weekend. The jury doesn't have a choice when it comes to deliberations.

OK Thanks!! All the more reason to bring a verdict tomorrow... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bubbles—