Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.12.17 - Final Charge - *Verdict Watch*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that it was great that Igor identified the tattoo, but in my opinion they would have been caught soon enough anyway. SS's uncle called Crimestoppers to report that TB's truck was at the hangar, so that would have led the police to Millard regardless of Igor's tattoo identification.
BBM - if I recall correctly, SS and the FIL had a falling out after this occurred. Which, imo, leads me to suspect that SS knew a h*ll of a lot more than he testified to.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
2m2 minutes ago
Millard was in contact with #LauraBabcock up until July 3rd. He didn't try to contact her after that. The witness who thought he saw Babcock months after her disappearance clearly wasn't good at identifying faces.

2m2 minutes ago
Soon after Noudga and #LauraBabcock were exchanging angry text messages, #Millard sent the message about "first I'm going to hurt her, then I'll make her leave."

"It is submitted that Mr. Smich and Mr. Millard were like brothers. They repeatedly expressed their love for each other. The extremely close bond they shared is evidenced in their text message conversations.

Mr. Millard gave Smich a phone, a place to live, money and food. Mr. Smich would do anything for him," Code says, reading his charge.
by Shannon Martin 12:42 PM

If they were interested in pet cremation, the smaller unit would have sufficed. DM opted for the 500 lb. unit.
DM also told SS about 2 incineration jobs he had lined up in Barrie. No evidence was ever given to back up this obvious lie. In totality, the pet cremation alibi only makes sense as a cover story for their (meaning both DM and MS) more sinister intentions.
It is as ridiculous as the story of MS going into the magical forest with a shovel and riding his bicycle in the dark to bury the gun. They conjured up absurd stories that are just laughable. Oh sure got a incinerator to go into cremation business, nice try moron DM.

2m2 minutes ago
Smich and Millard worked together to get an incinerator working, and needed something with bones, something wet, to test. #LauraBabcock

2m2 minutes ago
Smich was dependent on Millard for a place to live, to eat, and more. When Millard apparently picked up #LauraBabcock at Kipling Stn he told #Smich not to be out front when he got home, possibly to keep her from knowing Smich was there.

On the night the Crown argues Babcock was murdered, Code reads, "Mr. Millard and Babcock's phones were both at Maple Gate. Although together in the same house, Millard and Smich do not text each other until 12:40 a.m. after midnight on July 4. The phone records show they communicated via text message even while in the same house."

"Neither of them used their phones at all during this timeframe. They were together and they were busy. It is submitted they were hurting and killing Laura Babcock, just as Millard promised Noudga he'd do."
by Shannon Martin 12:45 PM

2m2 minutes ago
Smich and Millard didn't text again until after midnight July fourth. They didn't use phones from 8:21 until 12:40. They were together and busy, killing #LauraBabcock just like Millard promised, crown contends. Next day Millard rush-ordered a mattress.

46s46 seconds ago
July 4th Millard drove father's green van because it had a ramp and space to transport #LauraBabcock's wrapped body. Three days later he had a calendar note to do a "barn smell check."

46s46 seconds ago
Millard and Smich talked about doing the BBQ mission after dark, and making sure Marlena Meneses would not see "while we're out back talking to that girl, if you know what I mean" (Smich) #LauraBabcock

Code says the two men worked together and tested the homemade incinerator, and then tackled The Eliminator together.

The judge reminds them of the photo of Smich standing in front of The Eliminator on July 23, 2012.

"It is submitted the plan had come together. Laura Babcock was gone. She had been removed from Mr. Millard's life... Mr. Smich wrote the ashy stone rap song while burning her body."
by Shannon Martin 12:48 PM

1m1 minute ago
The night the eliminator was used, Millard searched the cremation temperature for a human. Smich was photographed holding the ash scraper, and composed an ashy stone rap song and later performed it enthusiastically. #LauraBabcock

I love this Judge. He clearly wants this jury to find both MS & DM guilty of M1.

JMO

Why is the judge saying things about the relationship between MS and DM? He is also saying that it was only after the angry text messages between CN and Laura that DM said he wanted to hurt Laura.
Is the judge giving his opinion about the accused?

Code finishes summarizing the Crown's position:

"It does not matter how they killed her. No one will ever know. It is submitted that they tried to cover up her murder by burning her body and seemed with themselves about it. They took pictures of what they had done. They kept her possessions as if they were collecting trophies.

Their plan was to murder Ms. Babcock and eliminate all traces of her body from this earth. The totality of the evidence proves Mark Smich and Dellen Millard are guilty of first-degree murder. Nothing else makes sense."
by Shannon Martin 12:50 PM

2m2 minutes ago
The crown says it doesn't matter how #LauraBabcock died, we will never know. The totality of the evidence shows Millard and Smich are guilty of first degree murder. Nothing else makes sense.

1m1 minute ago
Millard says five years is not the relevant time period. He says we don't know what happened to #LauraBabcock, but several people have seen her since her supposed disappearance.

In addition, I think that we all believe that CN knew of the impending murder by the single comment "Have fun doing big things." It stands to reason, that if DM shared his murderous visions with CN, whom he claims that he didn't care for much, then he also called onboard his very dear friend and personal assistant, MS. Conversations throughout the early part of 2012, suggest that the missions were changing into something much more sinister. There was also a message about the level of trust that was required between them. MS' raps were becoming bloody and violent. MS was hungry and excited for the next level.

I believe that DM continued to include MS in his plans, and did not exclude him from the missions that he intended to follow. In my reading of the evidence, there's nothing to suggest that MS was completely clueless about what was happening or had happened. He always acted in accordance with the murder plan.

I agree with what you are saying, but I think CN might have meant have fun using the incinerator, and burning the body. It is possible that DM's night time trip to CN's Camp involved showing her the body of LB, which pleased her, and made her feel warm and cared for, as she implied when DM said he would first hurt Laura, them make her go away. I also remember MS saying about Tim Bosma to MM that he was gone, gone, gone. If anyone encouraged and motivated DM to kill poor Laura, it was CN. She should be on trial for M1 as well. IMO

1m1 minute ago
Also from crown's case, Millard and Smich tried to cover up #LauraBabcock's murder by burning her body and seemed pleased with themselves about it. They took pics, kept her possessions as if they were trophies. Their plan was to eliminate all traces of her.

51s52 seconds ago
Millard says Gabe Austerweil is certain he bumped into #LauraBabcock, and she lived under his roof, dated his son. "If that's not reasonable doubt, then there is no hope of justice for anyone in Canadian Courts."

I love this Judge. He clearly wants this jury to find both MS & DM guilty of M1.

JMO

While I agree with you, what he is doing here is reading the Crown's theory of the case.

He'll do the same or the defence next.

Code now summarizes Millard's position.

He submits several witnesses, including Gabe Austerweil, have reported seeing Babcock alive since July 2012.

Millard brought up a text that Babcock sent a friend, saying was going to Montreal for work, but police only checked if she crossed the US border.

"That's a troubling huge gap in the evidence," Code reads, relaying Millard's position.
by Shannon Martin 12:54 PM

Why is the judge saying things about the relationship between MS and DM? He is also saying that it was only after the angry text messages between CN and Laura that DM said he wanted to hurt Laura.
Is the judge giving his opinion about the accused?

No, he's reading the Crown's theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member