Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.12.17 - Final Charge - *Verdict Watch*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I ended up bringing coffee and donuts for LB's parents. They invited me in to sit with their family and friends and we all had lunch together. They are such incredible people. It honestly was an experience that has been life changing, to spend time with her family. CB is so funny and just, I don't know. There aren't words to describe. So I'll just put a smiley face here. :)

Absolutely awesome!!! :sunshine: The bright light of kindness and goodness sorely needed and deeply appreciated!

Well... an update
This morning, a bunch of us requested that Google make some edits to the "Canadian Aircraft Pilot" description.
Further, I also requested that Google remove Tim Bosma's picture from the Dellen Millard stub as I found that offensive, given that Dellen Millard murdered Tim.

As of 15:00, Tim Bosma's picture no longer appears with the Dellen Millard stub. So things seem to be happening... WOOT!

Soon, it should read "Convicted Murderer"

Done! :woot:

Thanks to Just4TB (I think it was you!) for dumbing it down and explaining exactly how to report this......seems like a huge oversight that DM is known as a Canadian aircraft pilot and not convicted murderer. I’ve given this feedback on all of my devices and computers....let’s make an impact.....he has earned his legacy.....MOO

Done! :woot:

Thanks to Just4TB (I think it was you!) for dumbing it down and explaining exactly how to report this......seems like a huge oversight that DM is known as a Canadian aircraft pilot and not convicted murderer. I’ve given this feedback on all of my devices and computers....let’s make an impact.....he has earned his legacy.....MOO

Done as well

Had a thought today that CN does not appreciate how lucky she is. If DM was not caught, he'd probably give he an express divorce few months or years down the road.

She should be the one filling in all the details.

she's also lucky because she very well could have had the same tragic fate as Tim or Laura

Me too. Also commented on a number of pics. One that included TB, and another that had the black trailer TBs truck was hidden in.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
53s54 seconds ago
Jury is done for the night. Back tomorrow morning to continue deliberating. #LauraBabcock

So I ended up bringing coffee and donuts for LB's parents. They invited me in to sit with their family and friends and we all had lunch together. They are such incredible people. It honestly was an experience that has been life changing, to spend time with her family. CB is so funny and just, I don't know. There aren't words to describe. So I'll just put a smiley face here. :)

Just awesome of you! I hope they know theres lots of people praying for justice for their daughter and some semblence of peace for them. I wondered how big of a support system of family and friends they had.

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV

Code, "Anything else Mr. Millard? I've beaten you up pretty badly, but that's what happens when you make a weak argument."
#LauraBabcock

I love the judge's response - "bench slap"!

I just tried to sneak a peek on here during my "quick break" from studying for a law exam. Big mistake... I'm very thankful the jury has called it quits for the night so I can get back to work!

I can't speak to all the details, but segregation in provincial jails isn't as isolated as protective custody. When I was a volunteer for an agency working with young offenders (mostly), I had a tour of a large provincial jail (not in Metro Toronto). At one point I was ushered into a room where a group of inmates were doing different things - using a computer, reading, talking in small groups, etc. I was informed these were inmates in the segregation unit. I was not told why these particular men were in segregation, but it was clear from observation that quite a few had either cognitive disabilities, physical disabilities, or both. I would infer that some may have had mental health issues as well. Most were quite personable and happy to explain about what they were doing before we moved on. There was a social worker or some such person (not uniformed) in there facilitating things.

I would imagine many of these individuals might have had great difficulty coping with the general population and would probably be seen as easy marks or targets for abuse, etc.
Thank you!

I did some research as I was curious, and it seems that in Canada we only have what is called "Segregation".

There's 1. Administrative Segregation which can be a. Voluntary or b. Involuntary, and can be for an undetermined amount of time. It has to do with the safety risk of the inmate, or the safety risk of others. Then there's 2. Disciplinary Segregation, which has punitive value, and a maximum duration of 30 days. I believe this is what we often consider "solitary confinement" and is always under a great deal of scrutiny. This is where investigative journalists have had a field day, as it's been reported that inmates go weeks with out showers, are locked in their cells 23-24 hours a day, denied medical attention, commit suicide, etc. I believe the 30 day maximum duration was only implemented recently. THEN there's something called the Special Handling Unit (SHU), which is part of a maximum security institution in Quebec. This is for the worst of the worst. The folks that cannot be managed in regular penitentiaries get shipped here. I don't think there's a maximum duration, but "every effort is made to return them to a regular prison setting as soon as possible".

MS is in Administrative Segregation. Whether Voluntary or Involuntary, I don't know. I would suspect Voluntary though. Which is funny, because that's what the pedophiles, child molesters, snitches, and police informants usually opt for.

http://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/security/001003-1000-eng.shtml
http://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/research/b39-eng.shtml#Toc195779129

ETA: With Administrative Segregation an inmate still gets privileges, a minimum of 2 hours out of their cell, and hygiene time on top of that. I believe with Disciplinary Segregation, those privileges are removed. I have no idea what being in the SHU actual looks like.

Well, I have to say that I thought the LB murder was a test run/learning experience/and thrill kill but I think it had one more aspect. to seal the criminal relationship between DM and MS to a point of no return. DM was working toward securing loyalty and admiration any way he could.

With all that we have heard, it is clear to me that both deserve a M1 conviction. However, I do fear that SM's legal team was able to get a great deal of evidence silenced. It makes me sick but I really suspect that MS will either get off on a lesser charge or off all together.

On another note, when DM does get convicted of M1, would the Crown possibly decide that DM will spend the rest of his years in prison and opt not to try him for the WM murder? I know that trials are costly but in this circumstance, I think they should go through with it regardless. I would hope that as a dangerous offender and serial killer, he would get far less privileges in prison! Even better, he will be housed with the worst of the worst of Canada's Criminals. I am sure they will appreciate his personality and they will certainly consider him boss. ;-)

It seems like a small thing, but it will be rewarding to see the truth... "Convicted Murderer" every time someone googles his name... all because of Websleuths teaming.

Well, I have to say that I thought the LB murder was a test run/learning experience/and thrill kill but I think it had one more aspect. to seal the criminal relationship between DM and MS to a point of no return. DM was working toward securing loyalty and admiration any way he could.

With all that we have heard, it is clear to me that both deserve a M1 conviction. However, I do fear that SM's legal team was able to get a great deal of evidence silenced. It makes me sick but I really suspect that MS will either get off on a lesser charge or off all together.

On another note, when DM does get convicted of M1, would the Crown possibly decide that DM will spend the rest of his years in prison and opt not to try him for the WM murder? I know that trials are costly but in this circumstance, I think they should go through with it regardless. I would hope that as a dangerous offender and serial killer, he would get far less privileges in prison! Even better, he will be housed with the worst of the worst of Canada's Criminals. I am sure they will appreciate his personality and they will certainly consider him boss. ;-)

RBBM. They will all have so much in common!:seeya:

With that being said, the WM trial is set, scheduled for March, and the crown will certainly be going through with it in the name of Justice.

Reposting - if anyone just coming online wants to jump in on this ...

If you Google "Dellen Millard" the stub shows on the right side of the screen. Below it is a "feedback" link.
When you click on that, the stub has a bunch of individual fields that you can click on and request a correction.

The "Canadian Aircraft Pilot" field - we have individually been asking Google to correct to "Convicted Murderer", let's get the truth out.

Jump in and help - crowd-sourced correction - there is strength in numbers!!!

(If you do the same for Paul Bernardo, it says "Canadian Serial Killer". DM deserves no less....)

It seems like a small thing, but it will be rewarding to see the truth... "Convicted Murderer" every time someone googles his name... all because of Websleuths teaming.

And that's just a better attribution. There are many pilots, but relatively few serial killers.

A tip: because it's google, make sure you log off your gmail account if reporting multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saglimtas20