Laura Babcock Murder Trial - *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Either way ... it chills me to the bone that evil was so close to so many unsuspecting people.
I think that's what really haunts so many unconnected people that have become so invested in this case.

(snipped by me)

... and following the sentencing, the evil creeps will be living not very far from me...
At least we now know who they are, what they have done, and what they are capable of.

attachment.php
Ya, I get the crown alleged TB was shot moments after they pulled out of TBs driveway but I’m not sure I agree with that timing. I actually think he was restrained and they were going to kill him at that farm. Something went wrong, maybe TB started fighting back and that’s when he got shot. They pulled over and moved body to back box and carried on to the farm. I honestly do not think TB was supposed to be shot inside the pickup truck.

So with my thinking and your information, I guess it doesn’t fit the timeline if addresses go up in route of travel. That, I didn’t know.

Just as a point of reference, the 2 addresses are literally seconds from each other.
While him tossing his own phone is an interesting thought, I do not believe the evidence supports it, regardless of which direction the address numbers climb (but they increase in a Northwardly direction) ... because they are just too close together for it to be plausible.

It appears after they pulled over for 14 minutes that TB's data was accessed and then immediately the phone was shut off -- maybe a slip of the finger hit the web browser or something before his killer shut it down and pitched it as they headed North toward the farm/hangar.

I can't think of any reason they'd have pulled over for 14 minutes other than to kill him. I'm sort of inclined to believe MS' recollection of events -- not entirely, but most lies have elements of truth in them ... less the "I was so scared" crap.
It's a non-residential stretch of road, so perhaps it was opportunistic?

Attachments

• kemira.jpg
    kemira.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 252
Why would TB toss his own phone out the truck window? That makes no sense. If he felt threatened by the 2 men, his phone would be one of his few defenses.

Easily, Because he knew he was in trouble and maybe even knew he was going to be killed. Not like he’s gonna beat a guy up with his phone! Why not toss it for evidence when found then have the phone destroyed! What makes no sense about that??

I believe he was restrained (maybe in that field where DM/MS parked. There were texts between DM and MS about gloves and duct tape. There is another post I did explaining more, so I won’t retype it here. Should be above this post.

attachment.php

Just as a point of reference, the 2 addresses are literally seconds from each other.
While him tossing his own phone is an interesting thought, I do not believe the evidence supports it, regardless of which direction the address numbers climb (but they increase in a Northwardly direction) ... because they are just too close together for it to be plausible.

It appears after they pulled over for 14 minutes that TB's data was accessed and then immediately the phone was shut off -- maybe a slip of the finger hit the web browser or something before his killer shut it down and pitched it as they headed North toward the farm/hangar.

I can't think of any reason they'd have pulled over for 14 minutes other than to kill him. I'm sort of inclined to believe MS' recollection of events -- not entirely, but most lies have elements of truth in them ... less the "I was so scared" crap.
It's a non-residential stretch of road, so perhaps it was opportunistic?

I agree that’s when TB was shot as well. What I don’t understand is why the hell did/would DM and MS toss the phone knowing full well that it could be found? Why not incinerate it or toss into the lake like LBs to completely rid of it? I guess that’s the main reason why I’d even think that TB tossed it.

I could be wrong, but I think that mental health assessments/psychiatric testimony would only be used in court if the accused was using a not-guilty-by-reason-of-insanity (not criminally responsible) defence.

That makes sense. I thought they would have mentioned a mental health assessment was at least administered and they found him to be fit to stand trial? Maybe I missed it, but I don’t recall an assessment even being mentioned througout either trials, except by Millard, when he wrote about ‘not cracking’ or something similar after seeing the psychiatrist. http://nationalpost.com/news/canada...y-treated-me-as-though-i-were-hannibal-lecter

Easily, Because he knew he was in trouble and maybe even knew he was going to be killed. Not like he’s gonna beat a guy up with his phone! Why not toss it for evidence when found then have the phone destroyed! What makes no sense about that??

I believe he was restrained (maybe in that field where DM/MS parked. There were texts between DM and MS about gloves and duct tape. There is another post I did explaining more, so I won’t retype it here. Should be above this post.

If TB were restrained in the field near his home then how is he going to toss his phone?

I'm perusing the CanLII documents. Based on the below, I'm guessing there is no reference to WM's death in the letters he sent to CN.

At the outset, I am not persuaded that there is any factual basis or evidential overlap between the Wayne Millard case and the evidence related to this trial. While there are several witnesses who may testify at both trials, there is no support for Millard’s submissions that prejudice would inure if the reporting of this case is permitted prior to the Wayne Millard prosecution. Millard has not established a compelling nexus to any prejudicial evidence that may relate to both matters and thereby pose a serious risk to the proceedings. In any event, Mr. Pillay did not stress this point in oral submissions. I summarily reject this application for a delay or ban on publication as it relates to the looming Wayne Millard trial.
https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/d...AQAOZGVsbGVuIG1pbGxhcmQAAAAAAQ&resultIndex=16

It's possible DM realized this is something he should keep to himself (i.e. even his most ardent followers may not support the killing of WM, about whom perhaps the worst that can be said is he fed DM pasta).

I'm perusing the CanLII documents. Based on the below, I'm guessing there is no reference to WM's death in the letters he sent to CN.

https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/d...AQAOZGVsbGVuIG1pbGxhcmQAAAAAAQ&resultIndex=16

It's possible DM realized this is something he should keep to himself (i.e. even his most ardent followers may not support the killing of WM, about whom perhaps the worst that can be said is he fed DM pasta).

With no Smich and likely no letters, I find myself really curious about what the evidence will be. We’ve been a bit spoiled by the massive self incrimination of Tim and Laura’s cases, and this one maybe seems set to return to more traditional things like simple motive and opportunity. Which is interesting!

So I wonder what they did discover that led them to charge him with both LB and WM's murders at the same time. The letters were the most logical conclusion... was it simply DM's DNA being found on the .32?

So I wonder what they did discover that led them to charge him with both LB and WM's murders at the same time. The letters were the most logical conclusion... was it simply DM's DNA being found on the .32?

The letters were not discovered until AFTER DM was charged with the Babcock and Wayne Millard murders. And no, the police did not have any idea they were going to find any letters in Xtina's messy bedroom.

If you go back to the Bosma case and look at Bill Andrew's timeline, you can see the forensic computer analysis wrapping up in early 2014, the photo fingerprint sent to Toronto police in that year, the DNA test results etc. It took them that long to wrap up their various investigations. And given that DM and MS were in jail, they weren't under any time pressure.

That they laid all the charges at once was simply a strategic decision. It has nothing to do with the timing of evidence finds in one case or the other.

WM likely made the pasta and left the pot on the stove. It was DM who shoveled it into his gob.

But nothing is ever DM's fault. :loser:
I had to laugh really hard when I read he blamed his dad for allowing him to eat too much pasta.
I did read on another forum someone said one of her clients knew the mother and father and both were crazy. I maintain that there is something about his childhood that may have contributed to his disturbance whatever that disturbance is psychopath etc.
If both is parents had mental health problems the environment is going to impact a child, the mother is still off her rocker with the behavior she has had throughout both trials.

I'm curious to see in the coming WM trial, how the initial LE written report states the details about the firearm, as first deemed suicide. I would only assume the gun at the scene would have been physically inspected, and a background check for registration. Time will tell.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANYTHING THAT IS OFF TOPIC.

Please check your post. If it is not directly discussing this case then do not post it! Yes, that goes for you too. No matter who, no matter what, please stay on topic

Thank you,
Tricia

With no Smich and likely no letters, I find myself really curious about what the evidence will be. We’ve been a bit spoiled by the massive self incrimination of Tim and Laura’s cases, and this one maybe seems set to return to more traditional things like simple motive and opportunity. Which is interesting!

DM's digital evidence left for LE, in both the TB and LB cases, were ridiculously ignorant to LE capabilities. I expect the evidence pattern to be similiar in the WM case, since the LB and TB murders were bookends on either side of the WM murder. His phone and computers were the only truthful witnesses to come out of Maplegate, and they sure did speak. Anticipate web search history / pics on how to kill someone and make it look like a suicide, searches on where is the human skull the thinnest, etc. Somewhat circumstantial evidence, but coupled with the financial motive... I can see a 3rd M1 conviction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth
Back