Laura Babcock Murder Trial - *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just a guess. But we had some houseguests on the forum who seemed rather fond of DM, who also said they were in court at times and saw him at work and they were so impressed by him...etc etc. Seems like something who has a bit of a thing for him would be saying...

Suspect that was a troll just trying to get a reaction, rather than a fan girl. MOO

As someone who followed the trial closely, I cannot help but feel that Smich got screwed being tried in tandem with Millard. There was a mountain of evidence against Millard and I think that there was just enough evidence to tie Smich to the disposal of the body. But I think after seeing the monster that is Dellen Millard, the jury felt comfortable convicting Smich even though his participation in the actual event was not proven. The guy was definitely not innocent, the question was how guilty was he?. Deliberations took 5 days, so one can only assume that there was at least on juror that was on the fence about him. I was disappointed that there were no questions to MM about that night. Did she hear a gunshot? Was Smich with her? Her likely answer would be "I don't remember", but how could you not remember something like that? Either she is protecting Smich or herself. It still astounds me that TD didn't ask her, although since it was never brought up by the crown, I'm not sure if he could? Maybe he could have called her as a witness for the defence?

Was it not 4 days? Tuesday to Saturday at noon? I don’t think that’s unreasonable at all. I would have been more concerned if it only took 2 or 3 days. I believe the jury took their time going over everything to ensure they made the right decision. Don’t forget, they had to wait a day for the closing transcripts.

I also believe that MM said just enough to keep crown happy but not enough to implicate herself. I’m sure she enjoyed the fruits of MSs labour’s! She has convinced many that she did the right thing, she was a good honest person and didn’t know/see anything lol she was planted at MSs side, how could she not know anything?
She’s not as horrible as CN but if MS didn’t get busted, I’m sure she would have been the next CN! She wanted to marry this guy and have his baby even after he was arrested!

No matter what these people did or did not do or how much they have changed now, their names will forever be tied to DM and MS!! MH got off lucky that he may be the only one to carry on with life without the tag associated with DM. Sucks to be them!

As someone who followed the trial closely, I cannot help but feel that Smich got screwed being tried in tandem with Millard. There was a mountain of evidence against Millard and I think that there was just enough evidence to tie Smich to the disposal of the body. But I think after seeing the monster that is Dellen Millard, the jury felt comfortable convicting Smich even though his participation in the actual event was not proven. The guy was definitely not innocent, the question was how guilty was he?. Deliberations took 5 days, so one can only assume that there was at least on juror that was on the fence about him. I was disappointed that there were no questions to MM about that night. Did she hear a gunshot? Was Smich with her? Her likely answer would be "I don't remember", but how could you not remember something like that? Either she is protecting Smich or herself. It still astounds me that TD didn't ask her, although since it was never brought up by the crown, I'm not sure if he could? Maybe he could have called her as a witness for the defence?

TD could have asked. He didn't.

Crown also said they aren't sure how she died so possible there was no gunshot.

If anyone is interested, Alex Pierson will be discussing the Laura Babcock murder trial tonight at 8pm on CHML

I was on one other forum following both and my conclusion is that there are lots of trolls! They just like to see what reactions they can stir up and they get a kick out of the angry replies....maybe Mentally l unstable? There is/was a girl on the FB page that I honestly believe is a GF of DM. She’s rallied for him since the TB trial and continued through LBs. I think she was also the girl that wouldn’t talk to the reporters and was sobbing about the M1 verdict at the courthouse (TB trial). Apparently it was reported that this girl was there a few times in support of DM which this same girl on FB said she attended the trial. Coincidence, I doubt it!! If she was on FB page, I’d bet she was here as well.

JMO
Yep I found some of the forums on fb about the trials attracted a lot of really weird people. they seemed to only be online to start fights or they were supporting the accused.
They thought none of the evidence proved that Laura was murdered, if they saw a video of the actual murder I am sure they would have some way to explain it away.
There was a mountain of evidence at both trials. MS doing that rap and the enjoyment he was getting out of it was the most sickening along with him standing in front of the eliminator smiling. This guy is so messed up it boggles my mind.
That is why I questioned his family life because how does anyone get that messed up , unless there is something seriously wrong with the family he grew up in.
He is deeply disturbed and so is DM of that I am certain.

Suspect that was a troll just trying to get a reaction, rather than a fan girl. MOO

Possibly...anyone who thinks they are dating DM has got to be delusional and unstable..

Does anyone know if we will have the rap lyrics released that TD must of gotten suppresed in pre or during the trial. I remember reading there were more "verses" to the MS rap.
Thanks to everyone for all the great information.

Something I recall from sitting in on the TB trial is Jennifer Trehearne explaining to the court that one of MS's raps was about raping a female with a gun, and thus it should not be admissible because it was highly prejudicial. I never heard it mentioned again. I'm hoping ABro or another reporter will eventually shed some light on those additional verses.

Something I recall from sitting in on the TB trial is Jennifer Trehearne explaining to the court that one of MS's raps was about raping a female with a gun, and thus it should not be admissible because it was highly prejudicial. I never heard it mentioned again. I'm hoping ABro or another reporter will eventually shed some light on those additional verses.

Oh no!

During the MM cross in the LB trial, she was asked about shooting a gun. Though, I think it was not mentioned what a kind of the gun was used, yeah? Why that information was not used in the TB trial like they had a guns and they were used, not only pictures.

During the MM cross in the LB trial, she was asked about shooting a gun. Though, I think it was not mentioned what a kind of the gun was used, yeah? Why that information was not used in the TB trial like they had a guns and they were used, not only pictures.

It was a different gun than what was shown in the TB trial. She shot the one that was shown in this trial.

Just a guess. But we had some houseguests on the forum who seemed rather fond of DM, who also said they were in court at times and saw him at work and they were so impressed by him...etc etc. Seems like something who has a bit of a thing for him would be saying...

True. I ended up blocking them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else curious if AM ever tried texting her? I’m guessing not.

I'm guessing he did.

I sort of agree with Abro. The one letter from DM to CN where DM indicated that AM seemed to be changing his statement, makes me think CN reached out to AM. MOO

Or is your question only post her arrest?

Bet CN didn't bother either. No more snark required when she's gone [emoji29]

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I would like to know the real answer to this question. My guess is that he did NOT.

I don't know that DM told him the whole truth about what happened (DM likely hasn't even told himself the whole truth) but I think he told him something. There are 2 things in the evidence that make me say this:

1. There is a phone call from AM to DM on July 3, 2012 at 7:08pm, just after LB's phone has that last outgoing call to voicemail. It is just too weird that AM happened to call at that very moment. Could it just be a coincidence? I doubt it.

2. On July 17, when AM texted DM the missing poster of LB, DM replied: "What you'd do?!" and AM responded: "You told me the only way to make her *advertiser censored*." I can't help thinking that AM knew she was dead and that DM was responsible. Was DM saying something along the lines of "you know what happened here, what would you do?" And was AM saying "You told me she liked rough sex play, maybe you can frame it as a consensual rough sex episode that went wrong?" I don't know.

Anyway, if we are placing bets here on whether AM texted to LB's phone after July 3/4 or not, my money is on NOT.

All MOO

I could use some more WTJDH articles. I just don't think we're done yet. :thinking:

Appears it is full speed ahead for the WM trial but I wish the Crown would simply let it pass.
For one thing another trial will cost the taxpayers of Ontario at least a couple million dollars.
And like the LB trial, DM would likely be permitted to unfreeze close to a million in family funds for his defence. Money that, if you ask me, would be far better going to the Bosma's in their wrongful death suit.
And even IF the Crown wins the case and DM does do a 50 year consecutive sentence for TB + LB, he would be around 80-years-old when the WM 25 kicks in.

You're not alone in your thinking.

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/...for-murder-a-waste-of-time-and-resources.html

Ryan Handlarski, a Toronto defence lawyer who isn’t involved in the Millard case, is hoping the Crown will follow the logic and abandon its third prosecution.

“I never want to hear his name again,” Handlarksi tweeted on the weekend after hearing a jury convicted Millard in the Babcock slaying.

“It seems to me that he’s (Millard) relishing the attention, it’s giving him a platform and a stage,”

Posts have been removed.

Please note that when you quote from an article, you must provide the appropriate link with the quote.

Also, copyright laws are that you cannot quote an entire article (even if it is in separate posts). Copyright rule is no more than 10% of an article may be copied.

Wayne Millard deserves to have a finding of murder if the evidence so proves. DM needs a 3rd conviction, just in case one of the first two are overturned on appeal, which should never happen, but just in case. Why should he get away with a freebie? Add a third M1 to his record.

I think it should go ahead! The extended family needs closure. There is also the "Will" - if DM is found guilty, he will not inherit his father's estate. In addition, the people need to know that a would allegedly murder his own father. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back