Laura Babcock Murder Trial - *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’ve read most of the book. It is a real stinkeroo. Turns out Carl Millard was a cutthroat business man who cut corners anywhere he could and his son (Wayne) was your typical ‘came from money’ hippy type.

Really groundbreaking stuff...

Call me a cynic but there’s one thing that annoys me to no end and it is people who’s involvement was peripheral (at best) to an ‘event’ and they try to insert themselves in it. Example: ‘I was actually trying to sell my Dodge 1500 back in May 2013 and I only live 2 hrs away from Toronto. I could have been Tim Bosma.’ Yeah, except they weren’t after a Dodge 1500 and you don’t live anywhere near Toronto.

I live close by the old Bosma house and I’ve run into at least 3 or 4 people with stories like this.

The Millardair and me book reads as an excuse for a guy to tell his life story as it pertains to a true crime story. Except he left the company the same year DM was born and never met him.

In other words, who cares?

Appreciate the honest review, I was on the fence, but I'll save my money. Looking forward to this trial getting underway!

Will there be a heading for the father s trial. This new format is hard to get used to. It is only 4 days away. this trial I am sure will have some eye-opening evidence, If DM did murder his father it was the second murder he committed. We will find out more about the father.

The murder trial of WM is probably the one that DM is worried about the most- both him and MB have a lot of money on the line. Ironically, right now, MB is Executrix of WM's Estate- bet that's exactly who WM would have chosen! Here's a refresher of DM's finances. Also DM no longer appears as a insolvency file with the trustee- wonder whats up with that?CanLII - 2017 ONSC 2836 (CanLII)

Will there be a heading for the father s trial. This new format is hard to get used to. It is only 4 days away. this trial I am sure will have some eye-opening evidence, If DM did murder his father it was the second murder he committed. We will find out more about the father.
IMO, this will be the hardest trial for the Crown due to the players. There's WM's gf, maybe some Millardair employees like AS, who could testify to WM's state of mind. Maybe someone from the Bank? I expect the regular court goers- MM, MS and maybe we'll even see the mysterious MB?
It seems a bit weird that they've been arguing admissibility of evidence in front of the Judge who's ultimately deciding the verdict- maybe DM's doing it this way because it's easier for him to appeal or something? He's batting 2 for 2 with jury trials, so maybe he just figures he has nothing to lose?

Looks like Adam Carter will be covering the WM trial..

AdamCarter@AdamCarterCBC

For those asking -- I will be covering Dellen Millard's next trial, starting Thursday. He is charged with first-degree murder in the death of his father, Wayne. #DellenMillard #Millard

Looks like Adam Carter will be covering the WM trial..

AdamCarter@AdamCarterCBC

For those asking -- I will be covering Dellen Millard's next trial, starting Thursday. He is charged with first-degree murder in the death of his father, Wayne. #DellenMillard #Millard

Looks like we need a new trial thread for the Wayne millard murder case.

Just popping back in here after a few months as I have the trial case on my calendar for Thursday. I am extremely curious how this one is going to go so I am right there along with all the rest of you LOL.

Anyone else notice or remember the big blunder Dellen made while acting as his own "clever lawyer" ...... (I paraphrase the following from memory)

At the Laura B. trial the detective had presented all the "Red Bag Evidence" ... (Laura's red bag with her name tag on it ) ... (later found at Smitch's I think)

When Dellen was "cross examining" the detective he pointed out an error the cop had made ..... the cop had implied that the bag was with Laura when she died at Millard's house .

But Dellen (smugly) wanted to let the (dumb) cop know he was mistaken . Dellen stated that he knew for sure the red bag was not there with Laura when she died ...... !!!!!

Most people didnt catch it at first ..... but the judge did , and he raised his eyebrows , then glanced at the jury and saw at least one of them got it too.

In other words Dellen pretty much confessed that he was there when Laura died , and the red bag was somewhere else .

A reporter I heard discussing it (on AM talk radio) said he didnt think Dellen even realized his huge blunder.

In Dellen's mind he was outsmarting the cop .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back