Laurean in Mexico

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is an AP article entitled "3200 Marines Prepare for Afghan Tour". (If you google that phrase, hundreds of reliable news sources come up).

It states that "The proposal went to (Defense Secretary Robert) Gates on Friday (JAN 11)... The military began notifying Marines and their families over the weekend... 2200 members...based at Camp Lejeune, NC will go to Afghanistan"

Hmmmm...Jan 11th...the same day CL reported for work and then disappeared... the same day Christina was called back into active duty... the same day Sheriff Brown called the fugitive search "Earthwide"?

I wonder if all his bar-b-q buddies are shipping out and unable to speak to law enforcement?

Unbelievable!! If Cpl Marine Laurean was any kind of man, he would have went to Afganistan!!

As far as his criminal record in the United States I am sure he was cleared of anything. What he did in Mexico before he came to the states..who knows?!

This is good news! Finally the government is taking part in nabbing this criminal. How did Laurean make it into the Marines????:confused:

As far as his criminal record in the United States I am sure he was cleared of anything. What he did in Mexico before he came to the states..who knows?!
He's been a US Citizen since 2003, went to High School in Las Vegas so doubt there is anyting on record in Mexico since he was still a child.

Hopefully... but I wouldn't be shocked if he was a demonic teenager. I had a bf who was in the Army and he also came from Mexico he looked EXACTLY like CL.. ( I mean exactly ) I remember him telling me a story about a pregnant girl who snitched on him for stealing beer from a 7-11 so he backed into her with his car wedging her body against a tree. The baby died. Then I got a call from his x-wife (he was 22) telling me he is nuts & I should be careful of him. I broke up with him because he did scare me. He stalked me after that and I had to move. To this day I keep my number and everything unlisted because of him.

He's been a US Citizen since 2003, went to High School in Las Vegas so doubt there is anyting on record in Mexico since he was still a child.

Hopefully... but I wouldn't be shocked if he was a demonic teenager. I had a bf who was in the Army and he also came from Mexico he looked EXACTLY like CL.. ( I mean exactly ) I remember him telling me a story about a pregnant girl who snitched on him for stealing beer from a 7-11 so he backed into her with his car wedging her body against a tree. The baby died. Then I got a call from his x-wife (he was 22) telling me he is nuts & I should be careful of him. I broke up with him because he did scare me. He stalked me after that and I had to move. To this day I keep my number and everything unlisted because of him.

Well, Sadie, that is awful, and I hope you reported him to Law Enforcement. But please don't let that experience create an unwarranted hatred for everyone from Mexico. Otherwise, you will only continue to hurt. I hope you find peace.:blowkiss:

MEXICO CITY — Mexican officials have issued an arrest warrant for a U.S. Marine suspected of killing a pregnant colleague who had accused him of rape, a U.S. Embassy official said Tuesday.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,326245,00.html

I wonder if this means the DP will be off the table? At least they are doing something to get him back.

mygirl:

I am so sorry to hear that you had to go through that!! Thank God, you listenened to your "inner self" and got the heck out of dodge away from him!!!

Hope your life today is a lot smoother and happier. Well, it has to be, your here with us at WS! :)

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you aingael for the information and the link!! Not sure about the DP, but at least the Mexican LE's want him captured and out of MEXICO!!!

Aww thanks you guys yes I am fine..That was many years ago! I still keep myself unlisted because he scared the poo out of me. I definately don't hold anything against Mexicans lol.. He was a psycho and I know it had nothing to do with being Mexican it just so happened to be a person that reminds me so much of this Laurean.. I know how smooth talking these types can be and how cold hearted if they don't get their way. I should of went to the police but I just left the state because he ran my best friend off into a ditch one night and came up to her window and demanded she tell him where I was..I felt it safer if I just disappeared. (she moved too)

MEXICO CITY — Mexican officials have issued an arrest warrant for a U.S. Marine suspected of killing a pregnant colleague who had accused him of rape, a U.S. Embassy official said Tuesday.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,326245,00.html

I wonder if this means the DP will be off the table? At least they are doing something to get him back.

According to the FOX NEWS article ..

Prosecutors have pledged not to pursue the death penalty "IF" Laurean is found in Mexico, which refuses to send anyone back to the U.S. unless provided assurances they will not face execution.

A U.S. Embassy official, who was not authorized to give a name, said Mexican officials had issued a warrant for Laurean's arrest on a U.S. extradition request. The official did not say when the warrant was issued.

I'm glad the warrant was issued - but, still hope Laurean gets antsy .. returns to the U.S. and is apprehended here in the states. I really want U.S. authorities to have ALL options on the table for Laurean's prosecution.

Rum Tum

I also want US to have ALL options. But let's fact it, no way is CL going to let himself get captured as long as there is a slim chance of the DP on the table.

That being said, in his mind I'm sure he is thinking that he would be better off to let himself get arrested in Mexico and be extradited to the US with the DP OFF THE TABLE!!

Did that make sense? My hubby was in here blabbering.........LOL

I also want US to have ALL options. But let's fact it, no way is CL going to let himself get captured as long as there is a slim chance of the DP on the table.

That being said, in his mind I'm sure he is thinking that he would be better off to let himself get arrested in Mexico and be extradited to the US with the DP OFF THE TABLE!!

Did that make sense? My hubby was in here blabbering.........LOL

Absolutely made sense, LittleDeer! LOL

I'm just "hoping" this pitiful excuse for a U.S. marine makes another arrogant senseless choice. Like - perhaps, making his way back into U.S. territory for financial or family reasons.

IMO - nothing this man has done makes "sense" to me beginning with the "relationship" he had with Maria - the alleged rape(s) - the hideous murder - the slitting of her throat post mortem - the use of her credit card - keeping Maria's car in his driveway - burying her in his back yard - creating a fire pit in his back yard & burning her & the *almost born* baby - hosting 3 festive Bar-B-Que parties for friends/fellow marines in his back yard where his (very pregnant!) rape accuser lies dead in a makeshift grave - running to Mexico leaving his wife & baby daughter to fend for themselves.

In the world I live in - none of Laurean's decisions make any sort of "sense" to me.

I'm sure you're probably right that Cesar will not return to the states.

I can't help remembering the former marine, known as "Lisa", who renewed the last restraining order sought by Maria - and who was interviewed on TV "in shadow" about her knowledge of Cesar & Maria. "Lisa" used the "McGyver" analogy when describing Laurean's exceptional skill & survival abilities.

In retrospect - taking into consideration the fact that Laurean easily made it into Mexico without being apprehended - I'd say "Lisa" knew what she was talking about. Laurean outsmarted all of the LE authorities seeking to arrest him.

One other thing "Lisa" said in that interview .. she stated that Maria told her the "relationship" with Cesar began in 2006 with their 1st sexual encounter in December that was consensual - "not rape".

The 2 rape allegations were in March & April of 2007. I believe Maria reported them in May - then sought the 1st restraining order - if I remember correctly.

Does anyone else remember that portion of the interview? (I think it was on CNN - but, not sure.)

Rum Tum Tugger

But do you think that if CL decides to come back to the US. Do you think that he will be able to get over the border, without being noticed and captured?

Life in prison would be a hell of it's own. Remember...even prisoners don't like baby killers, and he would have the sheet beat out of him by them!

Would it really be that bad though? His wife and child could still come visit him he would get 3 meals a day,shelter,exercise...I don't know if it would be that bad. He already don't have a concious so by him being in there I don't think he would mind. He fled because of the DP..the coward. He is a disgrace to the marine corps & his living child.

Life in prison would be a hell of it's own. Remember...even prisoners don't like baby killers, and he would have the sheet beat out of him by them!

Correction: I wish that he had not been allowed to dissappear so easily from Camp Lejeune. Onslow County did not have all the information that The Marines had connecting Laurean as a suspect in Maria's disappearance. I think that the good ol boy system is alive and well in the US military, meaning that the assailants will be protected, while the victim is humiliated, degraded, and punished. There are thousands of cases to back up my assertion. Hopefully this case will break that old mindset wide open for good.
Agree that Marines dropped the ball for dragging out the rape investigation and not seperating the two better, however, I think Sherrif and his outfit share the lion's share of the blame after she was reported missing. Early documents show they knew about the rape allegations but did not dillegently pursue any real contact with the base - just looked into the national database for UAs. Would have been real easy to contact her chain of command on base, NCIS, military police, etc. Yeah, they would have to contact all three because they don't interact together and each interact with LE seperately (this is likely a serious military problem which needs to be addressed). After all went public, sherrif was busy grandstanding for media sat back and let CL miss appointment without following-up (CL gone next day).

There was nothing the Sheriff could do to force him to come in at that point. His hands were tied. He was dealing with Cesar's Attorneys.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luisgill
Back