Laurean in Mexico

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There was nothing the Sheriff could do to force him to come in at that point. His hands were tied. He was dealing with Cesar's Attorneys.
Ouch - so he could not "pick him up for questioning" like on TV?

BTW, I heard a Fox News report on the radio yesterday that teh FBI was sert to make an announcement on CL's arrest, but it was cancelled after Mexican LE determined they had arrested some other guy named Cesar Laurean! Though he seemed to waive a flag sying here I am while in NC, I would not think he would be using that name. :) As I recall, he used Armando Rameriz on the bus to Mex...

Another thing that irritates me when I think about it is the fact that the whole day the day he fled they were giving updates etc etc..& they kept saying he may be headed to Mexico..ok so shut the dang borders down? I mean obviously they know he would be entering most likely by bus. There has to be something they can do in situations like this. They KNEW where he was headed and they were telling us where he was headed..so dang frustrating! I am ready for a update from Jacksonville & from the marines in charge there in Lejeune!

Another thing that irritates me when I think about it is the fact that the whole day the day he fled they were giving updates etc etc..& they kept saying he may be headed to Mexico..ok so shut the dang borders down? I mean obviously they know he would be entering most likely by bus. There has to be something they can do in situations like this. They KNEW where he was headed and they were telling us where he was headed..so dang frustrating! I am ready for a update from Jacksonville & from the marines in charge there in Lejeune!
I think LE doubted he would go the distnce via bus. Maybe they were thrown off by clues he and/or Xtina left to lead them to believe he was around the area, in Vegas, or took a plane. They did go out of their way to state that when they did find his truck it was very near even walking distance to the airport. Pretty dumb since they already had a "bus" clue from Maria's ticket. At any rate, one would think it would have been fairly easy to roadblock the boarder - not that he could not have still easily gotten over...

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/2373858/
Interpol issues alert for Laurean

"The Interpol Red Notice is a powerful tool that can assist North Carolina authorities in locating and apprehending Laurean and is placed not only in foreign law enforcement databases and border lookout systems, but in the central database queried by all 186 Interpol member countries," Martin Renkiewicz, director of the Interpol's National Central Bureau in the U.S. and a senior Department of Homeland Security law enforcement official. (more at link)

Good question. Did they know where he was so they could pick him up at that time?
According to Xtina and the neighbors he was at home at least during the evening and night before he jumped. I would think it would have been easy to stop by and check on why he missed the appointment. But, obviously sherrif did not consider him prime suspect and was not convinced of any harm done to Maria despite their own detective's thoughts as expressed in the very first warrant investigating her disapeaqrance in Dec (~18 or 19 Dec).:bang:

I do know that for lesser mistemeaner crimes it is common for LE to play phone tag with suspects, but this case was in the national spotlight and they had already talked to Cesar at least once - he was questioned on the 7th by someone (NCIS or sherrif?) and questioned on the 8th or 9th by sherrif. Does not make sense that they did not follow-up on his missed appointment...

According to Xtina and the neighbors he was at home at least during the evening and night before he jumped. I would think it would have been easy to stop by and check on why he missed the appointment. But, obviously sherrif did not consider him prime suspect and was not convinced of any harm done to Maria despite their own detective's thoughts as expressed in the very first warrant investigating her disapeaqrance in Dec (~18 or 19 Dec).:bang:

I do know that for lesser mistemeaner crimes it is common for LE to play phone tag with suspects, but this case was in the national spotlight and they had already talked to Cesar at least once - he was questioned on the 7th by someone (NCIS or sherrif?) and questioned on the 8th or 9th by sherrif. Does not make sense that they did not follow-up on his missed appointment...

I know what you are saying, btbsmith. And the fact that he inmediately lawyered up ( with 3 attorneys , no less ) should have raised a humongous red flag to LE. Sadly, it didn't. :mad: They let slip through their fingers.

Acocrding to the man interviewed on Fox last night who is with Interpol, the Interpol Red Alert is only effective if he tries to cross a border...which I seriously doubt he will do.

Acocrding to the man interviewed on Fox last night who is with Interpol, the Interpol Red Alert is only effective if he tries to cross a border...which I seriously doubt he will do.
I saw that. I'm sure he won't try to come north again, but if he does try to cross south, I bet he would find a way to cross where there are no guards so as to be unnoticed (even without knowledge of the red notice).

It is eventually going to hit him he will never see his mother again unless it is behind bars. I wouldn't be surprised if the family didn't help him cross back into the US eventually to see her. Then again, they could find a way to take his mother to him there.

well, if he's in his early 20's, then his mother is probably say in her mid-40's,not very old...so I'm sure she could travel back and forth herself between Mexico and US very easily. I'm sure LE will be watching her but they can't stop her from travelling. She could even take her grandchild with her for a visit.

True. She could. However, I doubt that Christina or her family would be willing to risk that Cesar could run off with his child.

I was wondering, too, if LE might eventually use the child in some way to lure him out...but I guess that could be very dangerous for the baby.

No, they wouldn't do that. This man is considered armed and dangerous. He killed and burned a woman and her baby...then threw parties over their dead bodies. They won't even risk their own officers to entice him.

well, I was thinking more in the lines of working thru his wife, eventually monitoring contact with each other, and his wife playing on his emotions (if he actually has any) about seeing his child, never seeing his child again...something along those lines. Course, this is if this manhunt drags out a long while and the authorities can't find him any other way.

Maybe they need to pay some Mexican Police under the table thousands of dollars to find him and throw him across the border a few feet.

I hope this isn't a duplicate......

Duane 'Dog' Chapman on Fugitive Marine Manhunt

VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: . . . All right. Dog, how do — you find Cesar Laurean [in Mexico]? ...

CHAPMAN: Well, first of all, we've — it took us 19 days — we being Americans — to get this right. First of all, America has to ask Interpol for a "locate and notify," which they didn't do for, like, 17 days. Once Mark Fuhrman went down there, he started asking questions, Have you seen Cesar? Have you — has he been around? And he — the first thing he did is ask, Is he wanted? He checked the computer. He checked the Mexican government. He was not wanted because Mexico did not know he was wanted because America didn't tell them. ...

video clip of January 30, 2008 interview @
http://www.foxnews.com/ontherecord/index.html

Interesting interview includes some comparison between
the Cesar Laurean and Andrew Luster cases.

Go Mark! Get Cesar! :woohoo:

Wow! So he is going to go after Laurean?! Oooh sweet sweet justice! I just hope Baby Lisa don't try and get involved..(she causes too much drama)

Wow! So he is going to go after Laurean?! Oooh sweet sweet justice! I just hope Baby Lisa don't try and get involved..(she causes too much drama)
Well ... I don't know if he'll actually stay down there and hunt for him personally, but I'm really starting to see the value of the Investigative Journalism of Greta and Nancy. Furhman is a regular guest on Greta. And Nancy's broadcast manager in Mexico was the one who found out about Cesar's cousin, visited him, was told CL stopped by "to say hi" :rolleyes: over a week ago and then found out that Mexico was not looking for him because had not received a particular go-ahead from a particular judge.

19 days and our LE, FBI, govt, etc,
had not taken the necessary formal steps! :furious:

Nancy, Greta and their investigative teams
are doing Justice's work! :clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members