"Lawyering Up"

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have wondered if casey might have told them another "whopper' that it was someone else in the trunk or that someone else put a body in the trunk....Didn't GA at one time say could have been someone else's body? and others had access to the car at the tow yard?

On the advice of my attorney I retained once I started posting thoughts about this case, I believe that this family mastered the art of doublespeak.

I thought from the begining that some eles might been in the trunk. Of course has the months passed my theories did to.

As soon as she was arrested KC knew what to do, makes me think that sealed Juvenile record is pretty interesting. She thought the cops would believe the Zanny story and take her home. I have always had a feeling she's been in trouble before in some way. When she drops the act she starts talking like a . And I also have always thought some of the friends from HS are the same way.

Casey has a sealed juvenile record? Didn't know this. Very interesting. Well then, they should know about getting lawyers.

There is no evidence that KC has a sealed juvie record.

From what I remember from the first 911 call. I think on the 16th or 17th the A's had LE check the back yard as they saw some suspicious things back there. I remember when the news showed them sitting at their kitchen table and there were two attorneys at the house at the table and the detectives asked the lawyers if they could search and they said yes.
I just dont know what has happened to those attorneys since then, I haven't seen them..? lol

Those guys are mentioned in the tapes. One was a workers comp atty, the other was possibly a friend of his or he may have been the atty Cindy says made the POA from KC to them when Caylee was an infant, but claims he doesn't have it. (it is mentioned in Yuri's notes that he called the guy).

Looks like they realized pretty quickly they needed some advice, but like most they don't have a defense atty on speed dial who is ready to drop everything and sit at their house for a missing child.

I have standing instructions to my children to say nothing and immediately request a lawyer if they are ever arrested . It is their right. I have seen some pretty shady cops in my day especially the way they treat young people in my area.

Good advice for everyone, but your're right - especially young people. We had a case here few years back (small town) where cops ganged up like wolves and beat a young man to death - unrecognizable when they got thru with him. He weighed 120 lbs. His wife was doing some "horizontal hip-dips" with one of the officers (this creates problems). I know there are some good ones, but man, there's some bad ones out there.

Great advice, these days!

Casey has a sealed juvenile record? Didn't know this. Very interesting. Well then, they should know about getting lawyers.

The only prior record I remember seeing was from Lee. He had a pot and paraphernalia arrest several years ago.

No, there wouldn't be if it's sealed, would there?

But I remember Sheriff Kevin Beary stated during a news conference, "All I know is that there's additional charges because this young lady has definitely got a bit of a criminal past."

Why would he say that unless she does have a juvie record?

http://www.wesh.com/news/17377729/detail.html (for above quote, scroll down to New Charges Filed Against....)

I have wondered if casey might have told them another "whopper' that it was someone else in the trunk or that someone else put a body in the trunk....Didn't GA at one time say could have been someone else's body? and others had access to the car at the tow yard?

yes indeedy....he mentioned that it was some other body in the trunk but not his grandaughter....then I beleive ca came out with the tow yard line....

Sorry, don't have kittens, I should have said, if, she has one. I read that somewhere actually on this board. It is quite possible as I have said before she was into some illegal activites, remember her friend I think it was KMT that at their HS you learn how to handle the cops..... Not what my kids learned... just my opinion.

Somewhere deep in my mind I have a terrible thought. What if this is a case of the little girl who cried wolf. What if there really was someone who was threatening family or Casey? What if this person was able to set Casey up and kill Caylee. Who would ever believe a girl like Casey? She always lied, stole money from her parents and grandparents.. who in the world would believe a wild story from that type of girl? On the other hand Casey was 22 years old. A lot of 22 year old's are not that aware of how diabolical some people can be. They think they know everything about life and yet they have been protected from all the real nasty realities of life.
I think that if her parents had half a brain they would contacted a lawyer first and then the police. I know they were concerned about Caylee first and foremost and I don't blame them, afterall they knew Casey better than anyone else. If she was able to make her own parents angry enough to want to strangle her ,what would a person stung by her "me first " personality be willing to do to her?
I think I would have opened the yellow pages and called a lawyer right after I notified the police about Caylee missing. Then tell my daughter to tell the truth and only the truth to the officers. Then pray for the best.

On the other hand I may have had hysterics and an immediate nervous breakdown. We never know what we are made of until we are tested.

WOW- I never thought to tell my son not to talk if he's arrested- I'm going to have a chat with him tonite.

Re- The Anthony's behavior at the beginning.

At that time they were not involved in a conspiracy so they were looking to LE to help them.

Once they figured out they needed to choose between Caylee's or Casey's best interests, they threw Caylee under the bus and stood behind Casey.

No, there wouldn't be if it's sealed, would there?

But I remember Sheriff Kevin Beary stated during a news conference, "All I know is that there's additional charges because this young lady has definitely got a bit of a criminal past."

Why would he say that unless she does have a juvie record?

http://www.wesh.com/news/17377729/detail.html (for above quote, scroll down to New Charges Filed Against....)

thats the way I interpreted it too.

I have standing instructions to my children to say nothing and immediately request a lawyer if they are ever arrested . It is their right. I have seen some pretty shady cops in my day especially the way they treat young people in my area.

When Cindy placed that 3rd call, her granddaughter was missing! I can't imagine most people stopping to call an atty before reporting a missing child. Although knowing it had been 31 days, what difference was a 5 minute phone going to make?

I think events from this whole evening shows Cindy's frame of mind, KC had been been yanking her chain for too long. Cindy was already rubbed raw by KC not allowing her to see or talk to Caylee for a month. Then when the A's picked up the Pontiac, they got one whiff and were in panic mode. Not ever thinking anything had happened to Caylee, they thought KC was in trouble and she better produce Caylee NOW!

IDK I kinda think most people would have reacted the same way Cindy did, by immediately calling 911. The next morning, they got up after snoozing for just a few and pretty quickly realized KC was in more trouble than they ever imagined possible.

thats the way I interpreted it too.

There is a list somewhere of all of the service calls made by OCSO to the Anthony home going back to 2005, I believe. There were easily 10, maybe more. Reading that list, people could see why the calls were made and make a pretty good assumption as to what had been going on at the time. Let's just say the list doesn't paint a harmonious household. In fact, when Cindy said "I tucked them in like usual" makes me wonder exactly what "usual" means for Cindy.

I think Cindy called LE as a bluff. I think she thought Caylee was fine but being purposely kept somewhere away from her. You can sense that from the tone of her voice in the first 911 call. I think she thought if she called police that Casey would back down and admit where she was. I think if there was some fear at the time they found the car, once they knew neither Casey nor Caylee were in the car...I think they believed they were both ok. By the time Cindy made the 2nd and 3rd 911 calls, I think she was in a state of panic and not thinking very clearly.

I truly think they believed her story about the nanny - which is why they let her talk to LE. The sound of her voice in that 3rd call really seems to indicate to me she thought the nanny had Caylee. By the time they realized how much trouble Casey was in, it was too late to call an attorney. JMO

I totally agree.

There is a list somewhere of all of the service calls made by OCSO to the Anthony home going back to 2005, I believe. There were easily 10, maybe more. Reading that list, people could see why the calls were made and make a pretty good assumption as to what had been going on at the time. Let's just say the list doesn't paint a harmonious household. In fact, when Cindy said "I tucked them in like usual" makes me wonder exactly what "usual" means for Cindy.

Yeah I heard that too, that's why I think there was stuff going on for a long time. Were they domestics?

Somewhere deep in my mind I have a terrible thought. What if this is a case of the little girl who cried wolf. What if there really was someone who was threatening family or Casey? What if this person was able to set Casey up and kill Caylee. Who would ever believe a girl like Casey? She always lied, stole money from her parents and grandparents.. who in the world would believe a wild story from that type of girl? On the other hand Casey was 22 years old. A lot of 22 year old's are not that aware of how diabolical some people can be. They think they know everything about life and yet they have been protected from all the real nasty realities of life.
I think that if her parents had half a brain they would contacted a lawyer first and then the police. I know they were concerned about Caylee first and foremost and I don't blame them, afterall they knew Casey better than anyone else. If she was able to make her own parents angry enough to want to strangle her ,what would a person stung by her "me first " personality be willing to do to her?
I think I would have opened the yellow pages and called a lawyer right after I notified the police about Caylee missing. Then tell my daughter to tell the truth and only the truth to the officers. Then pray for the best.

On the other hand I may have had hysterics and an immediate nervous breakdown. We never know what we are made of until we are tested.

I thought LE did a pretty awesome job checking out all KC's lies before they called her on the carpet.

KC never told LE she or her family was being threatened. She took her child to the nanny, the nanny disappeared with the child. That was her story. They gave her every opportunity to change it.

It's interesting that this whole topic is being brought up, because I've been thinking about it lately. I LOVE Law & Order, and I always think to myself that I'm going to cooperate fully and never ask for a lawyer, because I don't want LE to become suspicious of me.

On the other hand, I recently signed up for Pre-Paid Legal through my company (thought it would be a good idea for a variety of reasons), and one of the things they give you is a card that says to LE to "please call this number and ask for my attorney before I will speak with you" and provides the phone number to call at any time.

They also gave me a little plastic thingamabob for my keyring that reiterates the same thing.

I still don't know what I would do if brought in for questioning or arrested in a case in which I am innocent.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrsmb
Back