LE Press Conferences

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think that would be part of the case if that that happened, and we would find out with who gets charged and how, and find out at the trial. But Staton said the surprising things we (or rather the reporters) would find out when they ask him after the conclusion of Kyron's case. So I don't know.

Pointed out on another thread, that I believe was deleted from the video clip on the news station I saw, was the following:

Adding to Sheriff Staton comments of:
“…the public will be surprised when they learn more details of the case…
We have knowledge of things we wish we didn’t”…

“I’ve got cases that my detectives are supposed to be working on,” Staton said.
“They might not be homicides,
but when you start talking about domestic violence, assault, that’s stacking up.”

BBM They might not be homicides... as in Kyron's case it is?

I wonder if that was a slip, when Staton said that about homicides...

I wonder if that was a slip, when Staton said that about homicides...

cluciano, it had to be a slip/opinion. If Kyron was a victim of homicide, LE wouldn't be so secretive or his little body would have been found. Staton believes Kyron is deceased, IMO. He doesn't have enough evidence to back his theory, MOO!

Pointed out on another thread, that I believe was deleted from the video clip on the news station I saw, was the following:

but when you start talking about domestic violence, assault, that’s stacking up.”

I believe Staton was referring to the cases that have taken a back seat while he's dedicated man-hours to Kyron's case, and was justifying his reasons for releasing them from Kyron's case back to regular duties.

The second statement (the homicide one) was not part of what Staton said regarding the surprising things, and I wasn't referring to that statement (the homicide one) in my post. I was referring to the surprising things statement.

I transcribed everything Staton said regarding the surprising things, and posted it, along with the unedited video that has everything Staton said, in the Reference Forum, in the All LE Press Conferences thread, on page 2 towards the end of the thread.

HTH

What it sounds like to me, is that Staton considers Kyron's case to be a homicide in his mind, even if it is not designated as one...otherwise there would be no reason for the "slip" or to use the word...

Is anyone on the fence anymore? I think that some people might say that they are, but it's pretty apparent that people have come down on one side or the other.

JMO.

I am, and I've noted that others say they are too. I have no reason to doubt that they are; I'll take them at their word.

Is anyone on the fence anymore? I think that some people might say that they are, but it's pretty apparent that people have come down on one side or the other.

JMO.

I'm still genuinely on the fence. This case has me confoozled.

I consider myself to be on the fence, if that means I have not convicted Terri in my mind. I like to think I could be a juror on any case as long as I don't know anyone involved. I don't make up my mind about a crime or guilt/innocence until I have some real information that comes from evidence, not feelings of the victim's parents or the lack of a handy predator.

But I don't recall ever defending her, or anyone else doing much of that either. Showing the possibilities of another side to every point is not defending.

I think even more than before that something odd is going on with this case, and the sheriff's words backed that up with the remarks about shock and other charges later. I just hope that Kyron is still alive and being held by a helpful group, but not quite as hopeful now. Desiree hasn't mentioned that anymore either. There's something not quite right with this whole thing, as if it's not just Terri getting some revenge or even just wanting Kyron for herself.

I am, and I've noted that others say they are too. I have no reason to doubt that they are; I'll take them at their word.

I loved that fence graphic! :Banane35:

Me too. I have no reason to doubt people's word. Maybe some on either side have "shifted numbers" a bit, or maybe some moved from one side or the other to straddle the fence, or vice-versa. Or swapped sides. Or are still somewhere near the middle. Maybe a little bouncing back and forth now and then.

Gee. That sounds like gym class! Whew!

I think that Debs brought her beverage cart, over there where the weeding is going on.

Popcorn, anyone? Cold snap coming in, everyone got their blankie or sweater?

Cold snap? I wish...supposed to be 90 in the Northeast tomorrow...at least in my neck of the woods. Easier to jump fences with less apparel, lol!

I thought the correct place to post this would have been in the this thread:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114405&page=13 Sheriff refocuses Kyron investigation: a smaller task force will take over...

but I see it has been closed for some reason.

So I'll post it here: Does anyone find it interesting that we have not heard from KH or DY since this presser? In the past, they have taken every opportunity to keep Kyron's name out there and according to the reports out, they were to meet with LE about it that same week, and yet we've heard nothing from them. I just find it curious, as I'm sure some reporter somewhere would have called and asked them for their comments after that meeting and that would of course been another opportunity to put Kyron's name in the news, and we haven't heard a thing from them.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114405&page=13 Sheriff refocuses Kyron investigation: a smaller task force will take over...

So I'll post it here: Does anyone find it interesting that we have not heard from KH or DY since this presser? In the past, they have taken every opportunity to keep Kyron's name out there and according to the reports out, they were to meet with LE about it that same week, and yet we've heard nothing from them. I just find it curious, as I'm sure some reporter somewhere would have called and asked them for their comments after that meeting and that would of course been another opportunity to put Kyron's name in the news, and we haven't heard a thing from them.

There's also the issue that Staton said he's have the task force 'business plan' on paper in a few days.

*crickets*

Maybe PM a mod and ask if we can have a new thread for the Staton press conference for follow-up issues?

I can't figure if we are having the calm before the storm, if so I wish it would hurry up.
The comment about will we be shocked, I believe was the question from the reporter, which Staton, used the word surprised, made me put one foot up on the fence. I still feel Terri is involved, but there is something, I still can't wrap my head around.

Not really. Like in all missing persons cases, things slow down after a while. It's just an unfortunate progression.
The parents run out of new things to say, news media becomes less interested, people go on with their lives, and the loved ones are left to ponder the fate of the missing.
Very sad, but natural and not at all unusual, imo.

There's also the issue that Staton said he's have the task force 'business plan' on paper in a few days.

*crickets*

Maybe PM a mod and ask if we can have a new thread for the Staton press conference for follow-up issues?

Yes, that too!

Possibly the end of the week or next week could see more details released as the task force consisting of between eight and ten members is in place.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Sheriff-No-evidence-Kyron-Horman-is-not-alive-103003704.html

Yes, that too!

Possibly the end of the week or next week could see more details released as the task force consisting of between eight and ten members is in place.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Sheriff-No-evidence-Kyron-Horman-is-not-alive-103003704.html

And that was on the 16th.

I wondered how in the world he thought he could have everything drawn up on paper so quickly when he said he hadn't even talked yet to the PDs from other jurisdictions who he was going to ask to take a hit on their budget by donating people to his task force.

I'd love to be a bug on his office wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme