LE Press Conferences

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say how much I enjoy reading ALL the different opinions here. I like to think I'm an independent thinker, but of course sometimes I think the same as others here, sometimes not at all. I think if you enjoy being on a team that feels one way that is A-OK. If you get what I mean. :)

Well, well, Kimster, you took the words right out of my mouth! LOL Wasn't trying to be snarky, just replying to post 34 and 35, sorry it appeared that way. :)

From reading on other threads in this case, what also baffles me is the said Dr.'s appnt. for these supposed seizures that Kyron may have been having? As i think i have stated in other threads on this forum, i don't think i have seen it anywhere in the media, that Kaine or Desiree even knew anything of the kind! Surely if Terri noticed these supposed seizures, as she was in such good contact with Desiree about Kyron, wouldn't she have mentioned this to Desiree, and also that there was a doctor's appnt. scheduled to have Kyron checked with this supposed "weird behaviour" he was displaying?
Now wasn't Desiree getting Kyron the same day he went missing to be with her for the summer? If Terri said the teacher misunderstood about the appnt. with the doctor on the 4th, and it was scheduled for the following week, then how would that of worked out if he was going to be with his mom? Wouldn't she have had to notify Desiree in advance, so alternate arrangements could be made for a Dr. visit?

Still waiting for the evidence that shows what happened to Kyron and who is involved.

Very tired of LE PCs and their speak-isms which really tell us nothing.

IMO

Still waiting for the evidence that shows what happened to Kyron and who is involved.

Very tired of LE PCs and their speak-isms which really tell us nothing.

IMO

I have been thinking that there is no evidence. If there were valid evidence, wouldn't LE have released something to alert others who might have seen anything, in the same way they released where Terri was parked at the grocery stores (although, it seems they did not intend to let people know that detail--that the viewpoint of the pics were from her parking spots)? And to clarify, IMO, the parking spot pics validated Terri's alibi--they weren't "evidence" against her.

If LE has sooo much against Terri (allegedly), then why haven't they released one piece of real evidence? It doesn't make sense...

I have been thinking that there is no evidence. If there were valid evidence, wouldn't LE have released something to alert others who might have seen anything, in the same way they released where Terri was parked at the grocery stores (although, it seems they did not intend to let people know that detail--that the viewpoint of the pics were from her parking spots)? And to clarify, IMO, the parking spot pics validated Terri's alibi--they weren't "evidence" against her.

If LE has sooo much against Terri (allegedly), then why haven't they released one piece of real evidence? It doesn't make sense...

If they had evidence, the GJ would have returned an indictment, and she would have been arrested and charged.

:cow:

I don't expect LE to release info about evidence during a criminal investigation to the public.

But it IS curious that after weeks of witness testimony before the GJ (based on 100's of subpoenas and an alleged *major ton of evidence*) that the GJ suspended itself, rather than delivering an indictment.

MOO

That leads me to a general question pertinent to this topic.

I do think there are a few uncommitted fence sitters here...waiting for more detail. There are others of us, who believe Terri's guilt is most likely.

Yet I think for many, "The Fence" has "Terri is innocent...Terri is a victim" painted on it.

Okay.

But here's my observation about changing positions on the Fence.

I wonder if any others feel this way...or can dispel this feeling.

I've been thinking lately that the nature of Internet discussion boards (everywhere and on all topics) is that people stake out a position, join with others of a like mind,develop "team spirit" and rarely ever yield that position no matter what happens...forever after.

No matter if I'm reading about politics, crime, pop culture...before long I know the "teams." I know who each poster will support in an argument no matter what. And I mean...no matter what.

I have seen (in my admittedly limited experience) that sides become so entrenched that even when little doubt remains, the Team Spirit of the losing side just shifts to arguing a "bad call." No evidence the "Other Side" comes up with will ever be accepted. The teams line up in every thread...along predictable lines.

The longer the case goes on without definitive evidence the more set in concrete the sides become...looking for guilt or innocence in minutiae and supporting beyond reason.

By the time the case comes to trial, people are very invested in the position they supported for months.

Human nature, I suppose. (including myself LOL!)

Have any of you more experienced posters here...actually seen large shifts in positions and "teams" as cases are developed? Do people move from "team to team?"

That is something I am curious about. After arguing a certain way for months, do some people really "change teams?"

I was firmly in the "she's being set up " camp, and I just didn't think she was smart enough to pull this off. (Still don't think she could have pulled it off alone)

I am firmly (with a tiny bit of "but what if...") in the Terri is guilty camp now.

I was firmly in the "she's being set up " camp, and I just didn't think she was smart enough to pull this off. (Still don't think she could have pulled it off alone)

I am firmly (with a tiny bit of "but what if...") in the Terri is guilty camp now.

BBM. We're forming teams?

well, i think it's more like it would be painful to camp on a fence, lol!

BBM. We're forming teams?

well... she said camps...teams are like the three musketeers.

camps are more like that movie "alive" where they end up eating each other in the wilderness...and this still feels like the wilderness.

Just a thought... I get why TH won't talk ? Because she has been advised not to? No lawyer could stop me from professing my love for a child I raised!! I also don't get why ANY woman witnessing ANY type of seizure in a child not IMMEDIATLY calling 911. Regardless of how the daddy would feel. This story seems VERY fishy to me. AND even though she was advised not to talk... as a mother/step mother of a child that you truly loved and adored how could she NOT AT LEAST state to the public how worried she was and how she missed him and how concerned she was about his safety? Why was she silenced?
Seriously! Maybe she and Kaine had issues. Maybe she wanted Kaine dead (or not) but to kill or harm a child that she herself had raised? It baffles me! Even if it was not a biological child. The older child moved out... and TH wanted to get the baby away as well WHY? She got the RO but in some twist it seems as though she was trying to protect the child at the same time???
How has her older son managed to live into his teens if she is so awful? Sure he left the home! ALMOST every teen wants to leave home at some point...especially with two yonger siblings added in the mix!
It just does not add up in my brain YET! My gut says TH... But my brain is yelling something else! AND it is not sitting well with me at all!!!
LE is giving just enough info to confuse and disorient people IMO! They need to be more concrete or just not say anything!
I have since jumped to the other side of the fence... as much as I hate to believe it I AT THIS POINT I believe TH may very well have been set up. Sexting included...
can't say why for sure yet but it will all play out someday. I if need be I will eat my words!
I do believe the bio mom is heartbroken... KH however... ehhh the media attention the bookbag and birthday party, enrolling him in school... could have ALL been done once KYron was returned if he is indeed alive. It was all a little too OUT THERE for my taste. MOO~

Just a thought... I get why TH won't talk ? Because she has been advised not to? No lawyer could stop me from professing my love for a child I raised!! I also don't get why ANY woman witnessing ANY type of seizure in a child not IMMEDIATLY calling 911. Regardless of how the daddy would feel. This story seems VERY fishy to me. AND even though she was advised not to talk... as a mother/step mother of a child that you truly loved and adored how could she NOT AT LEAST state to the public how worried she was and how she missed him and how concerned she was about his safety? Why was she silenced?
Seriously! Maybe she and Kaine had issues. Maybe she wanted Kaine dead (or not) but to kill or harm a child that she herself had raised? It baffles me! Even if it was not a biological child. The older child moved out... and TH wanted to get the baby away as well WHY? She got the RO but in some twist it seems as though she was trying to protect the child at the same time???
How has her older son managed to live into his teens if she is so awful? Sure he left the home! ALMOST every teen wants to leave home at some point...especially with two yonger siblings added in the mix!
It just does not add up in my brain YET! My gut says TH... But my brain is yelling something else! AND it is not sitting well with me at all!!!
LE is giving just enough info to confuse and disorient people IMO! They need to be more concrete or just not say anything!
I have since jumped to the other side of the fence... as much as I hate to believe it I AT THIS POINT I believe TH may very well have been set up. Sexting included...
can't say why for sure yet but it will all play out someday. I if need be I will eat my words!
I do believe the bio mom is heartbroken... KH however... ehhh the media attention the bookbag and birthday party, enrolling him in school... could have ALL been done once KYron was returned if he is indeed alive. It was all a little too OUT THERE for my taste. MOO~

Sing it, Sister.

I believe strongly that Terri is involved...based on the MFH and the fact that she has not fought or exercised her rights (thank you, Gitana!) for Baby K....and my interpretation of the few things we know.

That said, as time passes, with no real new information from LE and no indictments, there is not much new to say, argue, or defend. There is not much to cause any of us to move from our current positions. So why should we? What could any one parse or post or explain, without new confirmed information, that will change a single mind?

Not going to happen IMO.

The same goes for the Parent's media appearances. I suspect there is some psychological warfare...but again, unless some real hard evidence is shared which they either do not have or cannot share...they are just speaking to audiences set in stone. Folks who think Kaine is like their ex-husband or Desiree's dress is somehow wrong will just be more incensed.

Words will be picked apart... to pick the parents apart.

People who believe Terri is guilty will be sympathetic...but that's preaching to the choir.

Until there is something real and tangible to be said to the public, maybe nothing should be said.

Leave Terri... "to Heaven, and those thorns that in her bosom lie, to prick and sting her." No good times will be rolling for Terri Horman until...if and when...some OTHER resolution is found.

I don't know if LE just has nothing much... or just can't share what they have, but nothing's going to change one bit till they do. No one will be convinced of anything new, I doubt anyone will be moved one inch regarding the fence...and why should they be?

It did and it didn't change my fence position. I still feel like Terri was involved in a premeditated fashion. I just am now wondering if a trafficking/sex ring or something is involved as well, after hearing the presser and reading about how much of it goes on in Portland and everything. The tight timeline would support a handoff. Also didn't know about DDS's ex's dad being in jail on child *advertiser censored* charges. I'm going to go read more and mull this over, but I will say that I am rethinking a few things about this case.

The comment about "being surprised" from the press conference made me think a bit more out of the box. What if Terri was involved in something illegal or immoral? Could someone she (and Kyron?) knows have taken him as a punishment or warning to Teri? As in "shut up about what you know - your daughter could be next"? Teri would still be the key to Kyron's kidnapping, even if she wasn't responsible for the actual act --which would explain the polys, since she would have to lie about anyone having a motive for taking Kyron - her past actions would make her "responsible" for his disappearance --even if she didn't kidnap him.

If in fact she did solicit to have Kaine killed, she wasn't exactly dealing with the highest level of society, and could easily have gotten in over her head in something bigger -purposefuly or not.

I'm still on the fence, but I'm trying to look at things from all angles based on the PC statement.

The comment about "being surprised" from the press conference made me think a bit more out of the box. What if Terri was involved in something illegal or immoral? Could someone she (and Kyron?) knows have taken him as a punishment or warning to Teri? As in "shut up about what you know - your daughter could be next"? Teri would still be the key to Kyron's kidnapping, even if she wasn't responsible for the actual act --which would explain the polys, since she would have to lie about anyone having a motive for taking Kyron - her past actions would make her "responsible" for his disappearance --even if she didn't kidnap him.

If in fact she did solicit to have Kaine killed, she wasn't exactly dealing with the highest level of society, and could easily have gotten in over her head in something bigger -purposefuly or not.

I'm still on the fence, but I'm trying to look at things from all angles based on the PC statement.
FWIW, that's the angle I'm focusing on right now.

Being on the fence does not mean I think Terri is innocent or that I am on her "side." It means I've not seen any evidence that allows me to make a decision in my mind as to probable guilt-not that my opinion means anything in the scheme of things and I'm sure that Terri and her lawyers are not holding their breath while I make up my mind.

I would think that would be part of the case if that that happened, and we would find out with who gets charged and how, and find out at the trial. But Staton said the surprising things we (or rather the reporters) would find out when they ask him after the conclusion of Kyron's case. So I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexisboyd