LE Presser - Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By now, they should know exactly where every car or truck or moped was parked on that day. They should know what every person was wearing, what they ate and where they went afterward. I am really disappointed that they are asking this now, regardless of new info, this stuff seems investigation 101 to me, in a case with so little knowledge of what has happened to a child.

Even if they know Terri and Dede did something to Kyron...they are no closer to knowing what or where, IMO.

When they talked about liscense plate #'s.....

Maybe someone saw the white truck parked at school that day and saw some other vehicle nearby....and they remember a partial plate # from it?

How is putting staged photos of Terri's truck in a particular place not going to taint a potential witness? I mean, this is nuts.

Also, are we sure that the suggestion was that she parked in two different places, or could is there a legitimate reason for her to have left the school via the access road? Is this a common practice? Did other parents use the access road to exit the school because of the hectic nature of the day and likely that the parking lot was overrun with vehicles?

One thing I took away from this -- after reading her e-mail from June 5, they are still using that as their timeline, so they haven't disproved it, IMHO. Also, IMHO, Terri was giving an account of her whereabouts. I'm wondering if this is more about the times she say she was certain places, not the where.

Because they have other information besides the location they are looking for. Sounded like they already know the truck was there, witnesses have already put it there, and now they are looking for other information that they will judge based on stuff that hasn't been made public.

I don't think they are any closer to knowing what happened to Kyron, even if they are closer to knowing who...alive or not, they don't know, they know where he isn't...home safe.

The problem with this way of thinking (not you specifically) is that we don't know ALL that LE knows so, to make these kind of statements are probably the farthest from what LE has actually accomplished to date.

The problem with his statement is that they apparently don't have any information that he is alive either.

I get the feeling, and maybe I'm projecting, that based on the evidence they *do* have, that they strongly believe (or flat out know) that there is more than one person involved and who they are; that the motive they believe to be true, coupled with the absence of evidence of a murder, and also coupled with the identity of the other(s) involved, has led them to conclude that this is an abduction, rather than a murder.

btw, it blows my mind how people can watch EXACTLY the same thing and draw the exact opposite conclusion. Especially when what was being viewed wasn't all that ambiguous imo. I mean like compared to whether a suspect with long hair and wearing tennis shoes, when viewed from a distance, might be a man or a woman, for example.

So did they not talk about the mystery person in the truck? Or did I miss that? It seemed like they mostly focused on the truck, and other cars parked in certain spots at the school. What happened to the mystery person? I'm with you, Bean, I think there might not have been one.

I think they know who mystery person is. I think they are filling up any holes in their timeline.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if that sweet little boy is alive somewhere? A kidnap for ransom plot gone wrong and someone has him somewhere??? I can always hope and pray until proof otherwise.:innocent:

While this case is being pored over by this forum that is not necessarily the case with the entire Portland public. Showing pics of the truck in places that the public might not have heard about or seen specifically in the news *might* jog their memory and associate them with being in those specific places at those specific times.

It takes the focus off inside Skyline, the last known place Kyron was seen, and puts the context in other specific places where perpetrators/accomplices of this crime apparently have been seen.

That is an excellent point! :woohoo:

what if they have just developed the information. ????????

I personally have not lost any faith that they are doing all they can to find Kyron and prosecute those who had a hand in his vanishing.

moo

I would say more but I don't want a time out. I just don't see how all these different agencies can be screwing up/doing things wrong and backwards.

Bump.....A thank you wasn't enough!

Again: what's *not quite right* in the Freddy's lot?
A crying child? Someboy doing something to the truck? An argument, a little scuffle? Throwing away trash from inside the truck? Like that...

wondering
what is not quite right about a parked truck?

Well, they know she was inside these stores.

Did someone see her truck in the parking lot at the specified times, with an adult waiting? A child alone with the windows rolled up?

JMHO
fran

Again: what's *not quite right* in the Freddy's lot?
A crying child? Someboy doing something to the truck? An argument, a little scuffle? Throwing away trash from inside the truck? Like that...
wondering
what is not quite right about a parked truck?

Perhaps this was the location of a possible "handoff" of Kyron to another party. jmo

Question: Those with children on here who drive to school, do you usually park in the same spot? I do. I'm a creature of habit.

He should have just said the pics were staged....leaving it open is suggestive in itself.

Peeps, PLEASE, PLEASE go discuss what was in the presser on current threads or start new threads if needed.

:blowkiss:

And to the 207 guests here now -- I hope you'll sign up to join us :)

When they talked about liscense plate #'s.....

Maybe someone saw the white truck parked at school that day and saw some other vehicle nearby....and they remember a partial plate # from it?

Good point...:waitasec:

Or that there was another person in the truck in the parking lot who moved the truck to a different spot near the exit while Terri was inside the building??

Yes that is my feeling also.

Did you not all hear him say that they are operating under the assumption that he is still ALIVE? Why would anyone say he is not alive when they clearly have no evidence to prove he is dead? Keep the hope alive people......pleeeeeze.......

Basically they're looking for a someone to verify what their witness says they saw.
Sounds very ominous.
Gates did look pleased with things & not stressed like he was on a 'case gone horribly wrong'.
I do think he stumbled over the question about whether Kyron was alive though...which means something...

You know, maybe it's just me, but these three seemed fairly upbeat. Assertive. Like they're having a good week on this investigation. The detective with the glasses was a bit less confident, - it seemed he didn't want to say more than he needed to is all. Analytic type.

Of course, it's just a feeling and I could have misinterpreted things.

But, Gates smiled when he referred to having a ton of evidence - or something. He worded it funny. don't know if I heard it wrong. would have to rewatch. :cow:

you're right and I hope I'm just being pessimistic...it just seemed when he said this case is going to take how long it takes I got a sinking feeling like there's no expectation it will be wrapped up soon- which it needs to be if kyron is alive as they are still supposedly assuming...the rest of it did seem very positive and i agree that he had a very positive demeanor (except for that part)...

ETA: I don't know why the first quote above is there- it seems to want to pop up on all my posts even though I'm not trying to quote it- no offense Jasmine, it's a good post, lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shawnlo5869