LE serves search warrant on family home #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple thoughts pertaining to some of the Discussions at hand..

realmomof5, thank you for bringing up your personal experience in having someone(s) use the bathroom/changeroom in your home during your having a garage/yard sale.. You are not alone in having been kind and naive in letting them in your home.. My mom, for one did it for years while having the annual neighborhood yard sales that her community are well known to have EVERY SEPTEMBER!! ppl from states all around literally flock to this neighborhood every September for this huge annual event that is so widely known about..
That is until she was infact burglarized and the persons involved infact just happened to be one of those who'd used my mom's restroom 7weeks earlier during the annual sale.. A lesson learned the hard way.. It was later learned that it was a quite elaborate scheme with admissions of intent as far back as prior to the sale.. Meaning it was all well planned to use this sale as a way to case the homes they could later come back and rob..

While the one lady went into use the restroom, the other lady(whom they appeared to not even be together).. So it appeared as tho this other female totally unrelated in any way to the one in the home, she immediately preoccupies my mom with some PRE planned bs that totally got my moms mind off of how long the other female was in her home.. No more than 5 or so mins but they had cased out alarm, and even found where moms safe was in this short amount of time..*

So regarding baby Lisa's abduction and knowing there was indeed a recent garage sale.. IMO my mom's experience would be a perfect example of how a scheme for abduction could/would work in the same exact way in their casing out the home, learning the layout, and placement of rooms, whether alarm system was in place, and then lie in wait for an opportunity to abduct.. Regardless if mom/dad recalled having let someone(s) in their home during that garage sale..These ppl would be untraceable IMO..
Besides giving a basic, very limited description(in mom's situation the woman that entered the home was dressed like in Nike running shorts, tshirt, Nikes, baseball hat and sunglasses.. Which described to a tee 3/4 of the females shopping the neighborhood sales that weekend).. There IMO would be absolutely no way to trace and find the people, walking up to the garage sale and walking away 10mins later.. Nothing whatsoever to follow up on.. If they did talk about themselves they wouldn't have used real names, or even true details about anything about themselves(especially as in mom's experience all very PRE planned to a tee)

With that said IMO it would seem to be a pretty good scheme for abducting a baby.. For themselves, to sell, or who the hell knows what other psycho motives ppl have for abducting someone's child..:chilling:*

Just some thoughts that came to mind from reading these latest posts.. Not saying it's the case here, but for me it definitely shows there are multiple avenues that need to be explored as possibilities..

Yes, I am aware of that. I am well educated. What I am trying to convey is that many people have them convicted all ready. It would be great to explore the possibilities of both sides of possibilities. There have been far too many cases that the mom or dad or both have been tried and convicted then come to find out they had nothing to do with it. Far too many cases of people saying that situations are not plausible when in fact they actually happen.
I do not have a heart nor mind that could commit such a heinous crime against a defenseless child. In saying that, I can truly not say what a person with that mindset would or would not do. The same goes for the parents, I have not had their exact situation happen to me so I can only go on what I would want to do or think I should do. Often times this is not the case when something really happens. I may react in a totally different matter than I had planned or thought I would.
I read through this site for 2 or 3 days and that was what landed me here as a member. This is an important site focused on missing children and helping find them...I thank all of you for your dedication and candor.

I think what happens here is many of us have watched and followed many cases, and have defended parents and families, only to find them guilty in the end. So many of us are cynical and jaded and suspicious now.

Yes, I am aware of that. I am well educated. What I am trying to convey is that many people have them convicted all ready. It would be great to explore the possibilities of both sides of possibilities. There have been far too many cases that the mom or dad or both have been tried and convicted then come to find out they had nothing to do with it. Far too many cases of people saying that situations are not plausible when in fact they actually happen.
I do not have a heart nor mind that could commit such a heinous crime against a defenseless child. In saying that, I can truly not say what a person with that mindset would or would not do. The same goes for the parents, I have not had their exact situation happen to me so I can only go on what I would want to do or think I should do. Often times this is not the case when something really happens. I may react in a totally different matter than I had planned or thought I would.
I read through this site for 2 or 3 days and that was what landed me here as a member. This is an important site focused on missing children and helping find them...I thank all of you for your dedication and candor.

Many people have convicted them but many have not. If you look at the poll, MOST here are "on the fence". There are countless threads of theories, this & that and some more of whatever pertaining to this case. Plenty of it neutral... but when evidence (circumstantial or otherwise) begins to stack up against the parents, WS wouldn't be the place to come if one wants to hide their head in the sand. I'm just sayin'....

Here is a chapter out of a book called One Door Away From Heaven by Dean Koontz. pg 478

Thought to myself now where in the heck have I heard this before.

Picture707.jpg

Dr. Fessel :seeya:

THUD...........................wow

I think what happens here is many of us have watched and followed many cases, and have defended parents and families, only to find them guilty in the end. So many of us are cynical and jaded and suspicious now.

katy,
That's a fine way to put it.

In every case of missing baby/person that I have followed, whether it be Lisa or Laci or Caylee, the entire houses/properties have been searched. I have yet to see any search warrant in such cases where the Judge has excluded specific rooms or areas of a house.

JMO

In Steven Powell's house: there were rooms excluded in the search warrant.

In every case of missing baby/person that I have followed, whether it be Lisa or Laci or Caylee, the entire houses/properties have been searched. I have yet to see any search warrant in such cases where the Judge has excluded specific rooms or areas of a house.

JMO

MyBelle - every case is different. I'm not saying you are wrong. If the search warrants were written in such a way as to include the entire house or other area, it would be okay. The point is that LE has to have some reasonable belief that searching the entire house is necessay. That's all.

Using this case as an example - the search warrant could be written to look for the 3 cell phones because LE has the phone and ping records and they may believe there is information on the cell phones that would help them look for Baby Lisa. The cell phones are small and could be hidden in any nook or cranny, inside or outside. So LE would probably ask for wide latitude to search in any area that might hold a cell phone.

And everything is relative - for a case with a missing person/homicide/violent crime, the 'reasonable certainty' threshold is probably (I don't know, I don't work in law enforcement) a bit less than what is needed to search for stolen goods or whatever.

My understanding was that we were discussing search warrants in general and what it takes to get one and what can be searched after the warrant is received.

HTH,

Salem

No none of these people are playing God's role.

Yes we should hold one another accountable for our actions, but we should also look at our own lives and shortcomings before pointing them out in others. I am truly not meaning any harm here, I just get bothered by so many people that are ready to burn these parents at the stake! Without truly knowing for sure if they have harmed their daughter LISA!

Realmom - I do understand what you're saying. I think if you had been on here two weeks ago when Lisa first went missing, you would have noticed many more people defending the parents. But having sleuthed hundreds of cases on here for years, many of us have just seen the telltale signs that started coming out in the case bit by bit that we have seen in other cases - where the parents or a family member ends up being the perp. Combined with the fact that LE is obviously concentrating pretty hard on this home and the parents, I think it's likely they (or at least one of them) is involved to some degree or at least knows what happened.

I hope this helps with understanding so many Websleuthers' position at this time.

Welcome to Websleuths - it really is a good place to be. Even if we disagree, we usually respect opposing views.

I honestly do not understand the mindset of that neighborhood as you describe it. Do these people want LE to quit searching?? Do they want the media to stop reporting?? It will come to an end, soon. In the meantime, a little baby is missing.....:waitasec:

being frustrated does not mean they want the whole shebang to pack up and go home, being frustrated means that they wish to be treated with common courtesy. they want their neighbor found but in the meantime they have lives and jobs to tend to as well. the main complaint i have heard is not against LE but against the media. there does not need to be 20 identical vans shining spotlights at all hours into uninvolved peoples houses, leaving cigarette butts and trash in lawns and further blocking an already dangerous intersection.

The parents reported the phones and Lisa missing. If the phones are found hidden, then the parents are liars. No jury will conclude it was a stranger abduction.

JMO

Ummmm, unless they're a jury from Pinellas County :pullhair:

thought i'd post these for people that missed the live feed,i watched it but missed these parts.

that bag seems pretty big...wonder what was in it

299509_190191407726003_184983831580094_437785_684104525_n.jpg

299079_190241797720964_184983831580094_437966_313569135_n.jpg

Is that an ADT (Security sign) in Irwin yard. WTH what "Kidnapper" would target that house??? Just saying.:banghead:

Then read more of them...? I don''t mean any snark with that, it's just a suggestion.

If the warrant doesn't describe a place(s) ("The Entire House, your honor" doesn't cut it) to be searched, and the items that are expected to be seized, the warrant is unconstitutional.

I've read plenty of search warrants. The "entire house" does cut it in this case because it is all considered a crime scene. I think you are confusing the description of the premises to be searched with the probable cause needed to search it as well as the items to be seized. These are all separate sections of a search warrant.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member