LE serves search warrant on family home #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont understand them. If my baby was missing i would be knocking down every dang door in kansas city. What the heck? I have 4 kids and a nephew who live with me. two of my kids are in college. I text or call every day to check on them. I have a 9 year old who is the baby. He was in 2nd grade and didnt get off of the bus. I freaked the heck out. To make a long story short i tracked that bus had my friends going to the school alarmed all of my neighbors calling everyone that i knew. I finally found the bus and he had fallen asleep. :innocent: But i marched on that bus looking for him. They have done nothing!!!!!!!! moo!!! I would be sick if my child was missing for two weeks!! moo

well... there is a search warrant.. and they were searching the areas in those warrants.. and we never know what they are because this is not the sunshine state.

they are searching the areas they got permission from the judge to search.

and they, according to hln, are still there.

I think we can move on now as we do not even have any legal documents to discuss?

moo

You are incorrect. All that is needed to be listed on a search warrant as far as items expected to be found is generally listed as trace evidence or financial documents or writings or DNA, fingerprints, hair, information that will help solve the crime. Evidence gathered by such searches doesn't have to be detailed such as "sheetrock containing fingerprint" or "chair containing fingerprints." Property seized during a search warrant is usually listed on an inventory but those can also be sealed.

JMO
That's not what I said though, is it?

Since you all asked so nicely, yet another guest signed up : ME! :)

Ive come to WS several times with certain news stories for the fantastic posts and you all keeping up on things by the minute, when I couldn't. All I can say is TY for all of your hard work each one of you and your insights and theories. I also have to add here that LE is doing an incredible job on this one. 2 thumbs up from a terribly cantankerous irritable lady who is oft times critical of LE.. again : ME!

After having read all of this and the things Ive seen here and there on the news, I unfortunately now believe that the mother has something to do with it, if not being the perp. I truly had given her the benefit of the doubt due to personal experiences that have proven to me that not everyone reacts to a tragedy in a textbook way, but her behaviors on film just have a hinky feel to them and the story is constantly changing. The truth usually stands alone and doesnt need revisions. If the statements made by her "ex-freinds"' can be believed, it definitely points to a woman who would at the very least cover for an accident because she cant admit to any wrong, or having done it herself.

I feel the police are not only seeking the cells but "kitchen sinking" it before the parents of Lisa return home and possibly dispose of additional evidence. Its obvious they convinced a judge of probable cause for the warrant.. and it being so extensive. Good for LE and good on the judge. I do wonder what new evidence they have previous to the warrant, but I suppose we will all have to wait for that.

BTW, those are most likely xray film.. bomb squad was there. They have the equipment. If something was perhaps encased in concrete or etc.. the xrays will show an abnormality. It can be used for many things, so dont go off thinking she is encased in a toolbox in concrete in an abandoned pool under the shed. :)

We will hope for the best, but this is a body/evidence search.. not a missing child hunt IMO.

Thanks for this info, I must have missed the signed consent part of the previous searches. Just when I think I have everything straight, I learn about 9283749 new things!!
Yep. and kinda like when you get one question answered, it only leads to 9283749 more questions tumbling around in your head.

well... there is a search warrant.. and they were searching the areas in those warrants.. and we never know what they are because this is not the sunshine state.

I think we can move on now as we do not even have any legal documents to discuss?

moo
Good gracious that's fine by me, as I clearly couldn't stop responding. You saved me!

Sorry for my part in the derail, guys.

Let's get back to the case now please. If you guys want to discuss the general topic of search warrants, we have a forum for that. :kimsterwink:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=180"]General Information & Discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

We could invite one or two of our esteemed attorneys to help us in the thread too, if need be.

Been reading off and on today, thanks for all the updates from everyone on what is happening.

I hope that LE does find something that helps solve this case as throughly as the house and yard search has been today. I just wish they have done it in the beginning because I worry that a good DT could blame some types of evidence on other family members, LE and media that have gone in the house in the last couple of weeks.

And by chance nothing can be found it is going to look terrible for LE...IMO

Hello AphroditeInHerNighte! I'm so glad you joined us!!!! :woot:

:welcome:

:wagon:

moo

:deadhorse: :banghead: :innocent:

welcome aphroditeinhernightie!!!
I love your hat!

welcome to websleuths!

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Regarding the subject of search warrants: I agree with much of what MyBelle is saying.

In Hailey Dunn's case, the SW covered the entire house (including the surrounding yard, any outbuildings, etc.). The same was true in the Rebecca Zahau case (the SW included the entire mansion, the guesthouse, the caretakers quarters, the garage, the courtyard, etc.).

When seeking a SW of a crime scene, an investigator will typically include the entire residence in the affidavit, as well as any existing outbuildings, garages, yard, vehicles, etc.

IME, the only things that vary from SW to SW will be the items sought from the premises as they relate to the suspected crime, based upon the probable cause affidavit, as well as based upon what the investigating officer's experience with previous similar crimes has led him/her to believe they might find in the course of the investigation.

This has been my experience, as a former DV victim's advocate.

Good post. Here's the warranty for the Zahau mansion. http://www.10news.com/pdf/29245478/detail.html

Since you all asked so nicely, yet another guest signed up : ME! :)

Ive come to WS several times with certain news stories for the fantastic posts and you all keeping up on things by the minute, when I couldn't. All I can say is TY for all of your hard work each one of you and your insights and theories. I also have to add here that LE is doing an incredible job on this one. 2 thumbs up from a terribly cantankerous irritable lady who is oft times critical of LE.. again : ME!

After having read all of this and the things Ive seen here and there on the news, I unfortunately now believe that the mother has something to do with it, if not being the perp. I truly had given her the benefit of the doubt due to personal experiences that have proven to me that not everyone reacts to a tragedy in a textbook way, but her behaviors on film just have a hinky feel to them and the story is constantly changing. The truth usually stands alone and doesnt need revisions. If the statements made by her "ex-freinds"' can be believed, it definitely points to a woman who would at the very least cover for an accident because she cant admit to any wrong, or having done it herself.

I feel the police are not only seeking the cells but "kitchen sinking" it before the parents of Lisa return home and possibly dispose of additional evidence. Its obvious they convinced a judge of probable cause for the warrant.. and it being so extensive. Good for LE and good on the judge. I do wonder what new evidence they have previous to the warrant, but I suppose we will all have to wait for that.

BTW, those are most likely xray film.. bomb squad was there. They have the equipment. If something was perhaps encased in concrete or etc.. the xrays will show an abnormality. It can be used for many things, so dont go off thinking she is encased in a toolbox in concrete in an abandoned pool under the shed. :)

We will hope for the best, but this is a body/evidence search.. not a missing child hunt IMO.

:welcome4:

Been reading off and on today, thanks for all the updates from everyone on what is happening.

I hope that LE does find something that helps solve this case as throughly as the house and yard search has been today. I just wish they have done it in the beginning because I worry that a good DT could blame some types of evidence on other family members, LE and media that have gone in the house in the last couple of weeks.

And by chance nothing can be found it is going to look terrible for LE...IMO

I don't think that is true. LE is doing this search for a reason, perhaps something that just recently came to light, IMO. Maybe they applied for a search of this scale earlier and were denied. Anyway, I have faith in LE and do not think they have blinders on. They are still following up on "sightings". But in the meantime, where else can they really begin to search except in and around the place Lisa was last known to be?

Regarding the subject of search warrants: I agree with much of what MyBelle is saying.

In Hailey Dunn's case, the SW covered the entire house (including the surrounding yard, any outbuildings, etc.). The same was true in the Rebecca Zahau case (the SW included the entire mansion, the guesthouse, the caretakers quarters, the garage, the courtyard, etc.).

When seeking a SW of a crime scene, an investigator will typically include the entire residence in the affidavit, as well as any existing outbuildings, garages, yard, vehicles, etc.

IME, the only things that vary from SW to SW will be the items sought from the premises as they relate to the suspected crime, based upon the probable cause affidavit, as well as based upon what the investigating officer's experience with previous similar crimes has led him/her to believe they might find in the course of the investigation.

This has been my experience, as a former DV victim's advocate.

Thanks. LE often return to the scene to make additional searches. The best example I can think of is the case of Jessica O'Grady because it has been in the news lately. Jessica disappeared several years ago and her body never found. In the first search of her boyfriend's bedroom, no murder weapon was found. The sheriff returned days later and found swords in the closet that tested positively for Jessica's DNA. Christopher was convicted of her murder.
A couple of weeks ago, acting on a tip, the sheriff tore up Chistopher's father's patio, looking for her body. It wasn't found but anyone who thinks LE aren't going to keep looking for something that they believe is there really is naive about the passion of these investigators in cases involving innocents such as Lisa or Jessica, who was pregnant.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member