LE wants to interview the parents separately

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How do we know LE didn't mind? Maybe this is why they are asking for "unrestricted" interview now. MO

I am pretty certain they nearly always do mind when people lawyer up because it tends to interfere with their ability to get answers. But it's everyone's right to have an attorney present so they can't really demand the parents to come without one.

I think LE would probably be very happy with any interview in which they could get answers but it's not gonna happen. All the stalling means that the parents don't wanna give them the answers or else they'd already had done so, since it's their precious daughter that is missing and they wouldn't like to waste any time. MOO.

www.nbcactionnews.com

They will not be interviewed seperately. Well then deb and jeremy dont complain about the public perception! moo

IMO this is the same info we were getting yesterday. It is still a stalemate. Cops say they said no, attorney says they are not opposed to separate interviews. I am anxious to see the press conference.

www.nbcactionnews.com

They will not be interviewed seperately. Well then deb and jeremy dont complain about the public perception! moo

From the same article

The couple's attorney disputed the police account and said Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley, parents of 11-month-old Lisa Irwin, are not opposed to separate interviews. But they will not do what police requested, an unrestricted interview with no attorneys present, the attorney said.
"Being questioned separately is not the issue," said attorney Cyndy Short.

Seems odd to me that they wouldn't do a separate interview. If I had nothing to do with it, I would agree to the interview separately. If my husband/boyfriend had a problem being interviewed apart from me, then we would have a huge problem. As far as the lawyers, I would agree to start w/o my lawyer present and if I felt things were getting out of hand I would request the lawyer step in. The police would have to allow the lawyer in if she asked for one during the interview. So I would start out in good faith and see how it went. After all he/she wouldn't be under arrest and if things got heated he/she could just get up and walk out. The interview issue is a red flag for me.

If your baby disappeared in the middle of the night and you had nothing to do with her disappearance, would you not talk with LE in any manner necessary - with or without your attorneys? I don't see how refusing to meet separately is helping to find their child at all. It makes me feel like the parents are more concerned about their rights and how they perceive they are being treated than finding their daughter. MOO.

Absolutely not! What the police want is the unfettered/unrestricted opportunity to get a signed confession from DB or JI. The parents have been their primary suspects since the initial interview.

The cops do not really believe this baby is alive. I don't believe the parents, if innocent, have much hope that their child is alive.

Yes, there is great suspicion swirling around Lisa's house. The other tips haven't panned out. There is unidentified DNA according to Capt. Young. The parents have been inconsistent. DB concealed her trip to buy wine and changed the timeline. She is admittedly the last person to see the child. The police are operating on the ready assumptions that she either killed the child or knows who took the child. They are hellbent on getting a confession as they probably don't have the evidence at this time to get a grand jury indictment. They are not offering either of these parties use immunity, by that, I mean, that whatever they say in the interview cannot be used against them, but must be proved by evidence obtained independent of the suspect's statements.

No. I absolutely would not sit down with detectives without an attorney present even if I wanted to sign a confession.

Why does everyone keep saying they won't do separate interviews? The article says they will do separate interviews, they just won't do them without an attorney. There is alot of spin in here too!!

Why does everyone keep saying they won't do separate interviews? The article says they will do separate interviews, they just won't do them without an attorney. There is alot of spin in here too!!

Their attorney said they would do a separate interview. The police said they refused. If that's spin it's not by anyone here, it either the attorney or the police.

Their attorney said they would do a separate interview. The police said they refused. If that's spin it's not by anyone here, it either the attorney or the police.
IMO ALL of them are spinning, LE, attys, parents, the media, etc. Where is this baby in all of this?

I guess because we're not seeing them doing any interviews at all them saying they would consent doesn't mean that much to me. They gave out a press release on the 21st saying that they had consented to having the children swabbed for DNA and then we found out almost a week later yesterday that it hadn't been done yet. Their consent does not seem to mean that anything will happen shortly.

Consent to an interview with atty present -> drive to the station with atty-> have interview with atty present. It seems simple enough to me. Instead we get press releases and excuses.

I think it is the conditions around the separate "unrestricted" interview that are disputed. Both sides are probably right. The parents will agree to do separate interviews subject to certain conditions, e.g., having counsel present or some other conditions, essentially restricting the interview/interrogation. The police view the imposition of conditions as a refusal to allow separate "unrestricted" interviews. "Interview" is a euphemism for interrogation.

This is really making me sick. I can understand them wanting their atty present, I really can and i am not on the fence about this at all, but why will they not do separate interviews is beyond me. I dont get it. Which one of them doesnt want the other one to talk.. You know its fishy when they dont have separate lawyers. If they did, I can guarantee that JI's lawyer would be telling him to talk. JMO but I am sticking with it.

I guess because we're not seeing them doing any interviews at all them saying they would consent doesn't mean that much to me. They gave out a press release on the 21st saying that they had consented to having the children swabbed for DNA and then we found out almost a week later yesterday that it hadn't been done yet. Their consent does not seem to mean that anything will happen shortly.

Consent to an interview with atty present -> drive to the station with atty-> have interview with atty present. It seems simple enough to me. Instead we get press releases and excuses.
It was stated in this press conference that the interview and swabbing will be done on Friday. Friday the kids have no school so it is a perfect day to do this. Friday is not here yet for it to happen yet.

"Being questioned separately is not the issue," said attorney Cyndy Short. She said the couple has been cooperative and has previously been interviewed separately as well as together. They don't mind being interviewed separately as long as the detectives are fair, open-minded and nonaccusatory, she said.

Kansas City police Capt. Steve Young said Tuesday investigators had planned to conduct the separate parent interviews, but said Wednesday the couple had declined.

That was taken from the CNN article and I say I believe LE in all of this. When a lawyer says, "NOT THE ISSUE" it usually means that is the issue. I believe SY when he says they changed their mind and who the heck gets to be questioned and gets to pick and choose what questions get asked which is what DB and JI seem to think they can do. If they really want to find their daughter then get with the program.. You know what strike that.. They dont want to find their daughter..

The children will be interviewed from what I understand on Friday. Who knows what scheduling the interview involved. I understand that an outside agency will be conducting the interview. We'll see if it happens. I hope it does.

What if LE won't conduct separate interviews because of demand that attorney is present? Maybe LE thinks this would be a waste of time and they are refusing. I don't know what is going on here, but I think alot of egos are getting in the way of finding Lisa.:banghead:

It was stated in this press conference that the interview and swabbing will be done on Friday. Friday the kids have no school so it is a perfect day to do this. Friday is not here yet for it to happen yet.

I thought October 4th would have been a perfect day to do this, or whenever the children were interviewed the first time. I don't understand the delay.

But maybe LE were out of cotton swabs or something. I wonder if the parents have been swabbed yet or if they're waiting for a perfect day to do it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Misclicked
Back