LE wants to interview the parents separately

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If I was a lesbian I think that I would pick Rosie.

ETA. I could tell you why but I think we are going way off topic.

If I was a lesbian I think that I would pick Rosie.

ETA. I could tell you why but I think we are going way off topic.

LOL. . yeah, we are a bit off topic. I take it you are not a lesbian, because I have several friends that are. . and they would all pick Lima. It doesn't really fit the stereotype, but it's the truth. Heck, I'm not even a lesbian and I'd pick Lima! :blushing:

LOL. . yeah, we are a bit off topic. I take it you are not a lesbian, because I have several friends that are. . and they would all pick Lima. It doesn't really fit the stereotype, but it's the truth. Heck, I'm not even a lesbian and I'd pick Lima! :blushing:

Do you really want to go here with who can be more gay? What does this have to do with this thread?

Do you really want to go here with who can be more gay? What does this have to do with this thread?

Yes. On your mark, get set, go!

:floorlaugh:

Ah yes, this thread. Would DB and JI please go talk to LE separately, with counsel, to help find their baby. . .I don't think it's going to happen. :(

I couldn't find the link about "Playing possum". I would love to read it. Thanks for the article, hambirg.

Yes. On your mark, get set, go!

:floorlaugh:

Ah yes, this thread. Would DB and JI please go talk to LE separately, with counsel, to help find their baby. . .I don't think it's going to happen. :(

I don't think that they will either. And I'm not so sure it would help them find their baby if they did.

Why would KCPD look harder for Lisa if DB/JI talked to them separately? Why wouldn't they do that anyway?

I couldn't find the link about "Playing possum". I would love to read it. Thanks for the article, hambirg.

Woops, I posted the wrong link. This is the one I intended. . .

http://artofmanliness.com/2010/01/08/become-a-human-lie-detector-how-to-sniff-out-a-liar/

Little or no movement. Ever notice how animals will freeze when a predator is near? This instinctual behavior actually serves a survival benefit; it’s hard for predators to see something if it’s not moving. Well, humans do the same thing during moments of distress. When people lie, they tend to keep their body very still. The imminent danger in this case is getting caught lying. So our lizard brain will tell our body not to move, because maybe, just maybe, if we stay still, the other person won’t see that we’re lying. Got a friend who’s pulling a possum? Dude might be lying.

So what's the point of doing it then? If the point is to sway public opinion but nobody is watching anyway, why bother? The public is going to think what they want to think no matter what they do.

Well, if the public is going to think they are guilty regardless, what is stopping them from talking to LE?

....and all that time I thought Irwin was mimicking a cadaver...

I don't think that they will either. And I'm not so sure it would help them find their baby if they did.

Why would KCPD look harder for Lisa if DB/JI talked to them separately? Why wouldn't they do that anyway?

How could it hurt? It is KCPD's job to solve this case. If DB and JI aren't involved then why wouldn't they cooperate with the folks that are trying to figure out what happened?

I think KCPD are trying to solve this case. But I don't think they are looking for BL. I haven't thought that since they were searching the landfill, the pond behind the store, and the cistern at the abandoned house. When they closed the command center, I was sure they weren't looking for BL anymore. They surely must have their reasons.

And if by chance they are wrong, then I would expect to see DB and JI working with some organizations like Texas Equuasearch or maybe one of the parents of other missing children who offered their services. . .but I just don't see it.

I think that some may not like DB And JI's actions and therefore feel that they are "guilty" because of that personal dislike and not because of any persuasive evidence pointing towards their guilt.
JMO.
Just a few things off the top:

1. cadaver dog hit
2. baby vanishes on the only night shift ever worked
3. DB was drunk, conveniently remembering everything what she did with the boys, but can't recall if she ever checked on Lisa x4 hours.
4. Described clothing was found on LE search
5. parents lawyer up immediately.
6. parents are not interested in talking to LE about Lisa. They refuse to be interviewed.
7. After hiring high-powered attorneys; They hire a local death qualified attorney.
8. They have rejected help from a person who had a kidnapped child.
9. Their dog didn't bark.
10 DB doesn't hear anything on the baby monitor.
11. The screen wasn't removed just bent. They had to change that story they went with when Irwin called in to report his child missing (after x20 min). I am betting it was longer but we'll go with the time they gave.
12. DB says she failed the poly.
13. JI walks out of interview on 2nd day.
14. neighbors don't hear dogs barking when stranger broke into the house.
15. DB changed the time of when she last saw Lisa
16. Db didn't report drinking till confronted later.
17. and then there are the pings...

By that time, she had changed her story about possible "blacked out" to "drunk and went to sleep". The black-out would put her in a bad situation for possible being guilty of harming her child. That was revised after attorneys came on board.

Attorneys keep her on a short leash...as she dribbles and has no filter.

How could it hurt? It is KCPD's job to solve this case. If DB and JI aren't involved then why wouldn't they cooperate with the folks that are trying to figure out what happened?

I think KCPD are trying to solve this case. But I don't think they are looking for BL. I haven't thought that since they were searching the landfill, the pond behind the store, and the cistern at the abandoned house. When they closed the command center, I was sure they weren't looking for BL anymore. They surely must have their reasons.

And if by chance they are wrong, then I would expect to see DB and JI working with some organizations like Texas Equuasearch or maybe one of the parents of other missing children who offered their services. . .but I just don't see it.
I think that DB/JI have cooperated with LE. But your right it would have been nice if there was a more public effort. I sure hope that KCPD hasn't given up on finding Lisa.

TES wants LE cooperation and they didn't get that in this case. I think that was a missed opportunity in this case.

As for parents of other missing children, one was criticized here for suggesting a neighbor may have been involved and another is a - never mind.

If Deborah and Jeremy believe that Lisa was kidnapped by an intruder, why don't they put more effort into publicizing her case? I will never understand why they didn't talk to the media from Halloween to early February. When Deborah put up the website, why didn't she call up media outlets and tell them about it? That would've been a great "hook" to get the case back in the news.

I don't care if they ever talk to LE anymore and I don't think LE cares either. The time to get to the bottom of this was in the first two weeks. Since the parents chose to lawyer up and not talk to LE, it is done. The chance of a confession is NIL.

In these type of cases, LE needs to be able to interrogate fully in the first ten to fourteen days. They refused. Game over. The parents know where Lisa is. it is now just a case where people want justice for this baby. People are angry at the parents and rightly so. Unless a family member comes forth, they will not be convicted and the baby will not be found. The parents know this and have attorneys and a rich benefactor protecting them.

If Deborah and Jeremy believe that Lisa was kidnapped by an intruder, why don't they put more effort into publicizing her case? I will never understand why they didn't talk to the media from Halloween to early February. When Deborah put up the website, why didn't she call up media outlets and tell them about it? That would've been a great "hook" to get the case back in the news.
I have to agree with you. You make some great points about DB/JI being bad people.

Okay, just making sure. ;)

Hey. I've been on the fence with this case from early on. It's not because I like DB or JI. And it's not because I dislike LE. It's because I don't know what happened and who the guilty party is. That's all.

Even better advice - if a child goes missing, don't be the child's parent, because that in itself makes people suspicious of you.

And if you can't avoid being the child's parent, make sure you are a paragon of virtue who lives up to the most ideal standards of parenthood, media savvy enough never to put a foot wrong in public, and skilled enough in interrogation tactics to handle intense 14 hour sessions with LE. Anything less will make people suspicious of you.

Or maybe you could just take no notice of public suspicions.

JMO but a person does not to have to be a paragon of virtue in order to a) not drink to the point of passing out and losing your memory while responsible for your children and B) tell the truth about the last time you saw the child you want back.

I have personally observed that even totally lousy and hopeless parents can get babysitters for their partying needs.

I don't think you have to be a paragon of virtue to cooperate with the police either. Most of the time it would come rather naturally I think, because you want your child back.

Of course the police can make things hard for you if they catch you lying. Again, I don't think parents or anybody else have to be paragons of virtue to figure this out if they've ever watched a police show on TV.

Personally I don't think it's good advice to instruct the parents of missing children to ignore public suspicions. If they're unfounded they need to try to avoid being overly distressed by the suspicions that are directed at them but if they're doing stuff that makes people focus on them as the perps they need to be aware of it because it may make it more difficult for the crime to be solved and for the child to be found. People are less likely to call in possible sightings if they've figured out that the parents did it and the child is long dead.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90
Back