LE wants to talk to new witness in the phone mystery

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If they have questions that they need answered from the parents so bad that it's holding up the investigation then why don't they ask through the attorneys? Why does it have to be separate interviews with the parents?

I don't think it is holding up the investigation at all. BUT, neither LE or the FBI are going to let the parents and their lawyers dictate what is to be done. The minute LE and the FBI let DB, JI, and the lawyers dictate how the questioning is to be done, they willl have lost control of the investigation, IMO, and they know it. Why should LE submit a list of questions to the lawyers to get to DB and JI???

Separate interviews with the parents? That is SOP. One of the parents may feel more comfortable answering a question without the other being there. It would also be to determine if their answers to specific questions differed and in what way, IMO.

DB and JI should go to the Police Station with their lawyers in tow and answer everything they can for LE. Their lawyers will protect them and prevent them from answering any questions that may incriminate them. If I were LE, I would find the questions the parents would not answer very interesting, and that is why the parents won't do it, IMO.

It is a stand off, IMO, and LE is not going to give in to the parents and their prestigious lawyers. I believe this case will be solved with or without the parents cooperation.

This is just my opinion, and I stand by it.

MOO

I don't think it is holding up the investigation at all. BUT, neither LE or the FBI are going to let the parents and their lawyers dictate what is to be done. The minute LE and the FBI let DB, JI, and the lawyers dictate how the questioning is to be done, they willl have lost control of the investigation, IMO, and they know it. Why should LE submit a list of questions to the lawyers to get to DB and JI???

Separate interviews with the parents? That is SOP. One of the parents may feel more comfortable answering a question without the other being there. It would also be to determine if their answers to specific questions differed and in what way, IMO.

DB and JI should go to the Police Station with their lawyers in tow and answer everything they can for LE. Their lawyers will protect them and prevent them from answering any questions that may incriminate them. If I were LE, I would find the questions the parents would not answer very interesting, and that is why the parents won't do it, IMO.

It is a stand off, IMO, and LE is not going to give in to the parents and their prestigious lawyers. I believe this case will be solved with or without the parents cooperation.

MOO

I couldn't agree more. TY!

The police keep saying that they have questions that only the parents can answer in relation to tips coming in so according to what they are saying it is holding up the investigation. The lawyers are dictating how the questioning is going to be done. That's what their job is. Even if the couple is brought in for questioning their attorneys will be with them ...

They have already questioned the parents separately and in the parents mind they have told them everything they know and in return were accused of committing a crime when the police don't even know what crime has been committed.

See above, they have been questioned, extensively with and without attorneys.

Not by traveling to New York to chase down babies that have their entire history posted on Facebook. Not by ignoring people that were called from the parents phone on the night that the baby disappeared and not by considering anything that had anything to do with either parent, the baby or anyone around the baby that night as insignificant when they haven't even examined it yet.

Not by traveling to New York to chase down babies that have their entire history posted on Facebook. Not by ignoring people that were called from the parents phone on the night that the baby disappeared and not by considering anything that had anything to do with either parent, the baby or anyone around the baby that night as insignificant when they haven't even examined it yet.

You don't think they should check out a lead that someone thinks they have seen Lisa? If it were my child I would be thrilled they went all the way to NY to verify if the child was my baby or not. And to me that would signal that they were still looking for a live child too.

The police keep saying that they have questions that only the parents can answer in relation to tips coming in so according to what they are saying it is holding up the investigation. The lawyers are dictating how the questioning is going to be done. That's what their job is. Even if the couple is brought in for questioning their attorneys will be with them ...

They have already questioned the parents separately and in the parents mind they have told them everything they know and in return were accused of committing a crime when the police don't even know what crime has been committed.

No, actually they said the parents have been talking with them about the tips. What they have said is they want separate interviews and the parents won't do that.

You don't think they should check out a lead that someone thinks they have seen Lisa? If it were my child I would be thrilled they went all the way to NY to verify if the child was my baby or not. And to me that would signal that they were still looking for a live child too.

SURELY they didn't fly someone there to track down this extremely unlikely tip - wouldn't they just partner with local LE and have them go check it out?

SURELY they didn't fly someone there to track down this extremely unlikely tip - wouldn't they just partner with local LE and have them go check it out?

I have no idea how it was handled. I would assume the FBI would have handled it, but I don't know that.

I would think it would be a more local branch that would check it out, unless they had reason to think it really was Lisa, then somebody from KC would probably fly up to check it out.

The interesting part of this story is this description of Dane the night the call came in...(Link below)

The mysterious call went to Megan Wright's cellphone. Detectives talked with Wright in October. Wright said she never took the call and when she got her phone back the next morning, the call log had been deleted.

"I don't know who answered it or what was said or who was on the other end of the phone," Wright told Gutman.

Gutman talked with a man who said he knows who answered that call -- a drifter named Dane. The man, who asked not to be identified, said Dane seemed agitated the night the baby disappeared.

"I would say that Dane did not do anything to that baby. But as for him covering up something for a friend, that's a different story," the man said.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/29773372/detail.html#ixzz1dnSUISwp

We just have a different take on the situation. It's all good, though.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/29773372/detail.html#ixzz1dmqKkD6q

If that guy did get a call from one of those phones that night how on earth can the significance of that call be minimal? No matter who did what to that baby until they find out why that call was made I would say there it is high probability that it is highly significant.

I have seen no confirmation that the phone was answered. We've heard it was a 50 second call and we've heard it was an "attempted" call. We don't know.

I have seen no confirmation that this man was kicked out of the house. We've heard from Megan that he only moved in temporarily because he was going to be moving to an apartment with a friend. He was at the house for a couple of days, came back and was interviewed by LE at the house, and then moved out a week later. That's according to her interview with Ron Rugen. In talking with Jim Spellman, she stated that she has no idea where he is now and Spellman indicates that he was able to find the man's brother, but hasn't been able to track the man down.

So, how are we getting that this man must be involved and guilty of something because he answered the phone? He is a criminal who LE needs to inform the public about and broadcast his photo? He was kicked out of the house?

It's not only the parents of missing children who have rights, but everyone else as well. Even those that are not in the best place in life, those who may be considered "shady characters" by others, those who have served time for past bad deeds...

Maybe this guy is linked to Debbi Bradley. Maybe he is linked to an intruder. Maybe he is linked to neither. I'm curious and if he is in anyway connected to Lisa's disappearance, then throw the book at him for what he did. Til then, gonna wait and see. JMO...

MW is capable of saying anything and doesn't seem to understand that people are keeping track of her inconsistencies.

I have no idea how it was handled. I would assume the FBI would have handled it, but I don't know that.

That is what I would think also, curvecuti. It was a tip that it may have been Baby Lisa, and the FBI works with Interstate Kidnapping as well as local kidnappings.

We do not know that anyone flew to New York. We cannot assume that, IMO.

Even if someone did fly to New York, why would anyone diss them over it?

MOO

I would think it would be a more local branch that would check it out, unless they had reason to think it really was Lisa, then somebody from KC would probably fly up to check it out.

BBM:

I would think so also.

If they have questions that they need answered from the parents so bad that it's holding up the investigation then why don't they ask through the attorneys? Why does it have to be separate interviews with the parents?

I totally agree. The fact that LE is not asking the questions through their lawyer or with them together tells me it will just be more of the same accusations and pitting them against each other. If the questions that LE had for them were actually so very important that it could make or break this case, they would be asking them however they could get a response.

Have we heard from FBI that they are not cooperating or just from Steve Young? Apparently, from their lawyers AND Steve Young, they have most certainly been taking calls and answering questions, so ask the tough ones then!

I truly think that LE is stuck on the parents. If they had anything to do with this, I would imagine they would have at least enough at this point to insist they come in for questioning.

I don't think Dane will be showing his face any time soon either -- and I'm wondering why MW said he had already been interviewed by FBI and now we hear LE is looking for him?

I just want that baby to be safe and sound...prayers and positive thoughts!

MOO

I agree they SHOULD and I agree I WOULD - but their lawyers are advising them right now and I can see where the issues lie.

(SNIP)
I truly think that LE is stuck on the parents. If they had anything to do with this, I would imagine they would have at least enough at this point to insist they come in for questioning. (SNIP)
BBM

Well, they (LE) can't insist. People have the right to remain silent, regardless. The parents can't be brought into the station against their will, unless or until they are arrested and charged, and that only if there is probable cause. So if LE has enough evidence without the parents' cooperation, the suspects can be charged and eventually tried. As long as the parents remain silent, there may never be enough evidence to arrest and charge and try them.
Of course, refusing to cooperate fully makes the parents seem suspicious. But there is no way to force them to cooperate.

MOO

Hi LA Law. You said questioning parents seperately is SOP and that makes sense to me. Do you have a theory as to why Lisa's parents haven't conducted seperate interviews with lawyers present?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back