Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FOX 5 Atlanta ‏@FOX5Atlanta 4m
#HotCarDeath Leanna Harris’ lawyer: We are relieved of the D.A.’s decision.

FOX 5 Atlanta ‏@FOX5Atlanta 4m
Leanna Harris’ lawyer: When the truth comes out, justice will prevail for Ross Harris #hotcardeath

FOX 5 Atlanta ‏@FOX5Atlanta 2m
The decision NOT to seek the death penalty, affirms what we have said all along. - Leanna Harris said. #hotcardeath

Hopefully removing DP from table indicates that JRH has confessed or implicated ''significant other'' MOO plus hopefully there are other charges yet to be announced.

Poor old cynical me keeps wondering who is paying the bill for this Public Relations stunt man...aka....LH's legal rep

Her lawyer sounds...ridiculous. I mean, really really.

Not seeking the death penalty confirms this was an accident. AHAHAHA. HAHAHA.

I think not seeking the DP was really smart of the prosecutor. And yes, calculated...but not in the way the silly lawyer thinks. Either he doesn't understand how this works, or he is delusional.

I just finished reading the victim impact statement of Laura Gallagher, Alanna Gallagher's mom. Wow, day and night from LH's self-serving, self-pitying, husband-protecting statement.

http://www.tarrantda.com/wp-content...was-killed-by-defendant-Tyler-Lane-Holder.pdf

In her victim impact statement to Holder, a copy of which was provided to the Star-Telegram by the district attorney’s office, Laura Gallagher spoke of the number of people whose lives Alanna had touched in her short time — teachers, doctors, pastors, church members and even the little boy with Down syndrome whom Alanna hugged and insisted she would marry when they grew up.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/0...ads-guilty-to-killing.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

Erin Runnion also delivered a very moving and powerful victim impact statement:

http://theresaallore.com/2005/07/808/

Thank you so much! Powerful, yes. Each woman speaks in a different voice but each statement is heartfelt and moving. I cried as I read their words and couldn't help but selfishly thank my lucky stars that I've never had to write such words.

After reading their statements I felt drained, along with almost unbearable compassion for two women whom I've never met.

All LH's statement left me with was anger and frustration.

Gosh, neither one of those mothers listed how many days they'd missed work (LH, if I recall, put the number of days that had passed since the crime, rather than how many of those days were actually work days...I somehow don't think she worked 7 days a week). And not one bit about how the killer was such a great person he couldn't possibly have done the crime on purpose!

Her attorney is beyond ridiculous. Every single thing he has done is "see? THIS means my client is innocent!" when it really doesn't mean anything at all except the legal process is being followed properly.

A series of pre-trial hearings are scheduled through Wednesday, including a defense motion to suppress evidence of a conversation between Harris and his wife soon after they learned he was being charged with his son’s death.

In it, Leanna Harris, according to Cobb police Detective Phil Stoddard, asked her husband, “Did you say too much?” Leanna Harris’ attorney, Lawrence Zimmerman, said the remark was taken out of context.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/dad-charged-in-hot-car-death-returns-to-cobb-court/nncq5/

A series of pre-trial hearings are scheduled through Wednesday, including a defense motion to suppress evidence of a conversation between Harris and his wife soon after they learned he was being charged with his son’s death.

In it, Leanna Harris, according to Cobb police Detective Phil Stoddard, asked her husband, “Did you say too much?” Leanna Harris’ attorney, Lawrence Zimmerman, said the remark was taken out of context.

Rather than throw out the whole conversation, I'd much rather find out what the context allegedly was.

The "did you say too much" conversation is what really made me think this was murder. I think Leann thought that the police wouldn't be listening in since they're married. I think she mistakingly assumed that the police wouldn't be able to listen in.

One of the biggest question marks during the upcoming trial will be the role of Harris's wife, Leanna.

Although Harris was allegedly sexting six different women while his son died, she has steadfastly stood by him. In a victim impact statement, she called him "a good father."

"She has forgiven him," a source close to Leanna Harris tells PEOPLE. "She stands behind him and remains convinced of his innocence. She believes this was an accident, and just wants her husband to come home."

http://www.people.com/article/justin-ross-harris-strange-behavior-after-arrest-combative-unemotional

What would you say? Specifically? I am trying to put myself in LH's shoes, and honestly all I can come up with is "How could you? How could you forget him? How could you be so stupid?" (But with curse words) Those don't seem like the most helpful things to say though, and I would probably bite my tongue. I think I would just be stunned.

If she is innocent, and she loves her husband, wouldn't she assume he drove to work, didn't notice the toddler, and left him in the car? And if she is innocent, wouldn't she be terrified about losing her husband on the same day as her baby? The husband she still has a chance to save.

And what about her religion? Isn't their the expectation that the husband is the leader of the family, and she is obligated to stand by him?

I can honestly say, I wouldn't say what she said. I would say: "OMG - I am stunned - hysterically crying no doubt and say what happen? what happened? you just forgot? .... Waiting for him to answer and say something.. like "I'm sorry I did - I forgot our little boy.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lawdaughter222