Lee Anthony's CMA reference?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is kind of out there and I probably shouldn't even post it but when LA said CMA, my mind went to Caylee's bedroom and the intials that were hanging on her wall.

Well that's food for thought. Glad you posted this.

I watched the service on my pc and I thought everything was going very nicely until LA started speaking and the feeling in the pit of my stomach was unexplainable. The first thought I had was immediately that he was not speaking of his niece, but to his sister. All that came out of my mouth was OMG! I tried with all my heart to get rid of this feeling and I couldn't. I truely hope I am totally mistaken with the feelings I have, but I can't shake them.

The text in red is the portion edited out of the Sentinel's recording of Lee's speech. I haven't checked the 2nd part of his speech to see if anything was edited out of the raw recording.

Why would the Sentinel edit anything out of his eulogy?:waitasec:

That's bad reporting in my book.

I thought that Lee's use of "CMA" was a code to KC and he was speaking directly to her. I think he's upset and broken that she's angry with the family. His speech made me very uncomfortable and that's all I'll say about that.....I know this is a day of mourning and I don't want to sound disrespectful. My heart goes out to GA and CA.

Maybe he's just fed up with everything.

3 years ago my best friend Heather was going through a nasty divorce, her husband had me diposed:eek: I had no info about what he wanted and I was pissed! I had to take time off from work, and I had to be at the office early b/c other's were being diposed and there wasn't a set time for each depo. It ended up being a very long day.:mad:

Oh you poor girl! Sorry you were caught in that mess! I hope everything worked out for the better for your friend.

You know after I posted that..I thought..."dummy, there's lots of reason's he could be irked about going to a depo" but still, he was threatening to claim the 5th.

I prolly should stop posting here today and just READ other's posts because my brain is on over load and I'm tired as all get out and not always making sense!:crazy:

Memorials are supposed to be beautiful and touching. They're for remembering good times. No one in that church wanted to be reminded how she died. That will happen in trial.

I absolutely agree. This was not the place for remembering how she died, and it certainly wasn't the place for supporting KC.

I thought Lee sounded like he was talking to a women he was in love with. They where words a love sick man would say and yes I think it was code for his sister. just my jaded thinking. But it was not normal IMO

Local 6 news reported on the noon news that JB showed up at the jail with his laptop just before the service started speculating that they watched it together.

Oooooooh. Another station reported that they were working on her defense.

It would not suprise me a bit if she did watch it.

What struck me is that LA was speaking in the "present" tense. If his comments were for Caylee, I believe he would have spoken in the past tense, at least part of the time. I also don't believe that he would have used initials to refer to Caylee if he was only speaking to her or about her. Why leave room for conjecture? It makes no sense.

Lee must have made quite a promise to kc. He does seem torn. I remember reading one of his blogs and he listed a bunch of people but kc was at the top of his list and she was his best friend.....

What struck me is that LA was speaking in the "present" tense. If his comments were for Caylee, I believe he would have spoken in the past tense, at least part of the time. I also don't believe that he would have used initials to refer to Caylee if he was only speaking to her or about her. Why leave room for conjecture? It makes no sense.

Lee is a strange bird.

"For those of us that are frightened or angry, or mournful, or that just don't understand - I ask that you fill your heart with patience and grace. And that you allow yourself to yield any judgments that you may already have. For those of us that will never be the same again, I ask that you fill your heart with hope and forgiveness. You allow yourself to cope and heal. Finally, for those of us that have the knowledge and the means to facilitate the answers that my family deserves, I ask that you fill your hearts with compassion and truth, and I ask that you allow your conscience to speak for you when your mind cannot comprehend the right words to say. I sincerely hope that this day allows those affected by it to take from it whatever it is that you need to take, if its closure you seek here today, I certainly hope you're able to find it. Today is the day to remember today is the day to pay tribute. Today is the day for this family to unite and display their solidarity in strength.

I've gotta tell you - this family is united. But this family is incomplete. I'm incomplete. I- I'm broken. CMA, it will never be the same again. CMA. Each day you continue to teach me about life and about the way it SHOULD be lived. Each day you give me the ability to be strong or to be weak. It's been so long since I've been able to see you or to hug you or to tell you how much you mean to me. CMA. I miss you, I love you. CMA. I am so proud of you. I hope you're proud of me too. I need you to know that I will never forget the promise that I made to you. I will never forget."

This is my take on Lee’s portion of the memorial service. It is my opinion of what I heard and saw.

I believe that Lee was speaking directly to Casey for most of this. One would think that he may have been attempting to let her know that he wanted her to tell the truth, no matter what it was and that he still loved her but my instincts tell me he was telling Casey that no matter what he would keep his promise to her. (Sic Casey).
What that promise is becomes the question. It could be just simply that he would support her no matter what she did. It could be that she confided something in him, and he will never speak of it to anyone or they share a common knowledge about something that they promised each ever never to speak about.

I think that his first line "For those of us that are frightened or angry, or mournful, or that just don't understand - I ask that you fill your heart with patience and grace”. may have been directed at Mallory. The part about having “Finally, for those of us that have the knowledge and the means to facilitate the answers that my family deserves, I ask that you fill your hearts with compassion and truth,” is worded odd. “For those of us” sounds like he knows exactly whom “us” is. If he had been speaking to whomever, meaning he believes that Casey is not responsible for Caylee’s death he would have said “for those of you”
“ I sincerely hope that this day allows those affected by it to take from it whatever it is that you need to take, if its closure you seek here today, I certainly hope you're able to find it”. He is also making it clear that this memorial in no way brings closure to him but…. half heartedly he adds that maybe ‘someone’ can find it but it certainly won’t be me.

“Each day you continue to teach me about life and about the way it SHOULD be lived. Each day you give me the ability to be strong or to be weak.” This part is where Lee is saying about you continue to teach me about life and about the way it should be lived is to me this was the most normal part of everything he said. I think that right here he may actually be speaking about Caylee and how her death has given him a different view of how humanity acts and reacts. That one can be strong and face the challenge of not knowing what is going to happen but one has to just put one foot in front of the other or it’s ok to sit and bawl your eyes out. “CMA” This is where the tone takes yet again a turn. The use of CMA and not Caylee is the part I find to be the strangest. It is not normal to use initials when speaking of someone. To use initials to reference someone on paper maybe but not to use as a substitute for his or her name, especially in a public forum such as a memorial. I feel this was done on purpose.

“ I've gotta tell you - this family is united. But this family is incomplete. I'm incomplete. I- I'm broken.” Now don’t throw cups at me that to me sound more like a sentiment that is used by spouse or a parent when a loved one has died or is missing. The roles in this family that everyone played is so convoluted that it is difficult to discern what part they are playing and when. Was Lee speaking as a ‘father image’ to Casey, a ‘big brother’ image or something more. Was Lee’s role to Caylee just an uncle in his own mind, a substitute father figure to Caylee or a brother? Which family? Casey, Lee & Caylee or Lee, Mallory, George, Cindy and Casey. Again, since we don’t know what role Lee is playing while saying this we don’t know what he means as he says this.
I know with my own son, with my niece whom I took custody of because my sister was not able to function as her mother due to mental illness sometimes seemed almost to act as her big brother, not a cousin but at other times he would read her the riot act about her behavior her no different then if he was her father despite the fact that there is only about 10 years between them. It can be very easy for those ‘normal’ roles to become blurred.

“It's been so long since I've been able to see you or to hug you or to tell you how much you mean to me.” IMHO Lee is telling Casey that he misses her, that he missing being able to hug her.
This is not past tense this is present. Caylee is dead. If it was Caylee it would be I will never be able to see you again or give you another hug. Listen to George’s portion. He is speaking about what he and Caylee used to do and how when he remembers or thinks back how he felt. Lee is speaking in a different manor and I have to be blunt and say he sounds like a man who is doing his best at dealing with the emotions that come with the loss of wife or lover. Whether Lee means that or not is something that I cannot determine. Due to how badly the family dynamics were it may be possible that Lee just does not have a clear understanding of love for a sister as apposed to love for a significant other and can not separate his feelings well enough so the rest of us can understand who he is referencing to let alone find the proper words to express it.

“ I am so proud of you. I hope you're proud of me too.” Now this is where we get back to the entire idea that he may be speaking to Casey and not speaking about Caylee. To me it is the ‘so proud of you” that is the clue. There is no way I can connect those words to Caylee. Proud of what? What would Caylee be proud of Lee for? She wasn’t yet 3 years old. Then he moves directly to the “I need you to know that I will never forget the promise that I made to you. I will never forget." I think this is also to Casey. The idea that he made a promise to himself that he would find Caylee or bring those guilty to justice crossed my mind but the wording is off for that. “I need you to know” a need is something that is today. If that was Caylee he is referring I would think that he would have used something more along the lines of “I want you to know”or “I made a promise ” looking up or pointing up as he spoke. There is no indication of that in his facial expression or his body language that he is referring to a child who has died. Think of how you would say to someone that you loved very much and who has passed on that you know you made them a promise and you are going to keep it and not forget as opposed to how you would say it to someone who is in the here and the now.

I think that Lee looks like a man who is being chased by the boggy man in his sleep and when awake. He is thinner that he was back in September or October when he was last seen in the media and I don’t think he looks healthy.

As a side note. I also noted the look of confusion on George’s face as he was looking at the computer screen as Lee was speaking.

What an emotional day today has been. DH sat and watched the memorial service with me. He kept saying through the whole thing what a lovely service it was.

When it was over, he hugged me close as I cried. Then he said, pointing toward the laptop, "don't let anyone on there get you anymore upset." I've taken those words to heart. So, here's what I came up with.

Today was about Caylee. And about choices. Which memorial to attend? Whether to comment on everyone in attendance and what they looked like. Choices. I listened to Lee's comments twice. Today, I choose to not dissect every word he or anyone else said. I choose to accept him as a grieving uncle. I choose to believe his words were directed straight to Caylee, and to no one else. Am I right? I don't know. Today, I choose to not believe in codes. Or messages being passed through beautiful words that were spoken. Choices. Tomorrow? Who knows. I may have a completely different outlook on things.

Today, my choice: It is and was all about Caylee. As it should have been.

Oh you poor girl! Sorry you were caught in that mess! I hope everything worked out for the better for your friend.

You know after I posted that..I thought..."dummy, there's lots of reason's he could be irked about going to a depo" but still, he was threatening to claim the 5th.

I prolly should stop posting here today and just READ other's posts because my brain is on over load and I'm tired as all get out and not always making sense!:crazy:

Oh , no, no, no, Gypsy Road, please don't stop posting, I always like what you say :blowkiss:

I'm just trying to make sense of his eulogy, that's why I started this thread.

My first reaction was that he was speaking of Caylee and then when I watched it again, I was questioning myself!

After reading it in print though, I am back to believing he was speaking about Caylee. Didn't someone once say that your FIRST reaction is usually the right one!

I was so emotionally drained after watching that memorial that I took my 3 boys to the playground and we played and played and played. It made me feel so much better!

Personally, it doesn't matter to me who he was talking to or what he meant, and I can't believe the OCSO would let it bother them at all. He didn't say, "I'm coming at midnight to break you out of jail," did he?
It was obvious to me that Lee loves Caylee very much and Casey as well, and maybe he is the one she can lean on and trust in that will stand by her to the end. I think it is very touching and very commendable of him to support his sister. God Bless him!
I have a brother just 3 years older than me, and this sounds very much like something he would do for me if I were in Casey's shoes. He would stand by me no matter what!

Since LA called CAYLEE CMA, I think most of what he said was for Caylee.
But 1 sentence threw me for a loop..............
I am so proud of you, I hope you are proud of me..................
huh? does that fit a dead niece and her uncle or a brother to a sister?
Why would Caylee be proud of LA? Did he go to LE and tell the truth about things?
I do think the family did want KC to see some codes to her since they can't talk to kc.
The shamrocks were for kc, I do believe, not for Caylee........IMO.....kc loved shamrocks,

Yep. I tried to blowup the little green pins and though blurry I could see what looked to be a shamrock and a face.

Yep---If that wasn't a huge statement I don't know what is.

EVERYONE in that church wore a Caylee button except Lee(not sure about Mallory couldn't get a clear shot)

Everyone had on a Caylee button, a few outside of the family had on the Casey button(Pastor Stu.. and the African American pastor did--Uth didn't and some members of the audience did)

Then his "CMA"......Poor Caylee even on what was to be her day she was slighted.

Did LA originally have a suit coat on that may have had the Caylee button on it? Just wondering if maybe he took the coat off ... he did look a little under dressed for the occasion ??

Hmm, well I missed the memorial. Have seen a few snippets on HLN. By any chance did anyone notice GA or CA's facial expressions during LA's speech? Did it change any when he would say CMA? Ok, now I'm off to try to find the video of LA's speech.

I noticed that while George was giving his eulogy, that Cindy blew a kiss to someone in Lee's direction on the stage, and mouthed "I love you too". I don't think she was talking to any of the ministers...it WAS for Lee. Did anyone else notice this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mel M