Lee's Handwritten List of Receipts from Casey's Purse

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeTheMiracle, Thank you for starting this thread. Great sluething on your part. Looking at June 30, she made a purchase totaling $73.48 with tax. That would make the item she purchased before tax $69.99. I'm bringing up the JC Penny site now to see how much the pooh comforter/blanket set is..but if I remember correctly it is exactly $69.99.
I'm 100% positive that LE obtained a court order to get copies of CA's JC Penny statements, which will list every item and description purchased.

On the note there is :Citco Carwash 7/5 at 5:41 pm....Was this her car, Amy's or Tony's? Anyone remember what car she was using on that day?
I believe that was Tony's, she went to have it washed before picking him up at the Airport.

BeTheMiracle, Thank you for starting this thread. Great sluething on your part. Looking at June 30, she made a purchase totaling $73.48 with tax. That would make the item she purchased before tax $69.99. I'm bringing up the JC Penny site now to see how much the pooh comforter/blanket set is..but if I remember correctly it is exactly $69.99.
I'm 100% positive that LE obtained a court order to get copies of CA's JC Penny statements, which will list every item and description purchased.
Wow, that's some good sleuthing !

From what's been posted previously, the Winnie the Pooh set in Caylee's room was discontinued quite some time ago.

Hi everyone,

Is anyone able to tell me what they think the entry is on July 5 between Best Buy and the car wash? It doesn't appear to "match up" with the writing of the line above or below and I am wondering if something was covered or the paper folded or something?

Maybe I'm just not looking at it correctly so help me out here! :crazy:

LE knows exactly what she bought with the JCP CC.

In addition to the purchases on CA's credit card, she spent $831.88 from 6/28 to 7/15, for a total of $937.21. It is sooo easy to spend other people's money.

At least Lee was trying to help LE find Caylee.

on Lee's copy

2nd JCPenney purchase

7/1....$31.93

Disney Winnie the Pooh Hamper
$28.99

:waitasec:

I'm getting behind on the thread, sorry if this was already mention, but the "Waterford" receipts are from the "Waterford Movie Theater". On July 13, she paid $8.00 to see "Hellboy2". On June 28, she took someone with her to see a movie (cant make out the name of the movie), as she bought 2 tickets = $16.00. She goes again on July 7 to see "Hancock", one ticket $8.00. She has lousy taste in movies IMO...lol

From what's been posted previously, the Winnie the Pooh set in Caylee's room was discontinued quite some time ago.

Your right Chilly, which is why I can't find it through JC Penny at the moment...lol. I am assuming by photos, this is the "Classic Pooh" collection, which I did find online at Target. So I can scratch the idea that she may have purchased another matching blanket at Penny's.

Look at the times written by each entry. ALL were during "lunchtime" or after 4:45 pm. Just like a real working person. I don't get it. If she was free mornings and afternoons, why weren't some of the buys made then? Very strange.

That's a cool observation ! I wonder what that means.....

I've always wondered how LA ever knew there was a 27th JCP receipt. I must take the time to try and figure this one out.

I think I read that there was a charge on the JCP statement for that date but no matching receipt. That trip has become the "mystery" trip - did CA buy something herself, or did KC already have the card? Some have speculated that CA bought some matching crosses for KC and Caylee IIRC. Others speculate KC bought some item to replace something missing from the home.

Before I saw the receipt list originally, I had figured KC was keeping receipts for stuff she charged with other people's cards or checks, with the intent of saying, if caught, "See, I kept a log of what I 'borrowed' so I can pay you back! " Not that I think she would have actually paid them back:), but it made sense to me that she would keep it all neat and tabulated so if she was caught she could use that as proof she was "borrowing" not "stealing".

However, the cash receipts baffle me. :waitasec: They don't prove anything... the only thing I can come up with is if she and TL had agreed to split costs on things? :confused: She buys groceries and he pays back half on what she spent? That kind of works, but then if they went to the movies together (twice) and she paid for her ticket and he paid for his, as it appears, he wouldn't be paying her back half of that, I wouldn't think? :confused::confused::confused:

Could someone tell me what IIRC means please?? I'm new to the site and don't know all the "abbreviations" yet! Thanks in advance!

Seems like kc had allot of cash on her also to make these purchases..............from k cashing stolen checks from AH?
The JCP receipt that CA wouldn't give LE probably had 'winnie the pooh' items written on it. SHE KNEW RIGHT THEN CAYLEE WAS GONE!!! IMO, why else would you not give it over?

When I dropped the data into Excel from June 30th to July 14th, I get a:

Grand Total of $935.21

Total of Amy's Checks $496.87
JC Penney Card Total $105.33
Cash Spent Total $333.01

This does not factor in the check she cashed on Amy's account on 7/15 for $250. That money, (or most of it, according to Lee, who said the money looked to be around $200) was found in her wallet that he brought back from Tony's.

So where did this $333 dollars come from that she spent in 2 weeks? Where did she get it?

Then I think back on an early article that stated Baez was paid money up front and Casey told him she 'was good' for the rest of it.

:rolleyes: Right :rolleyes: Sure :rolleyes:

Then on NG about 2-3 nights ago one of the TH said something about her having around $1400 on her when she was arrested.

What?! Did anyone else hear that too? I haven't had time to check back in the transcript for it yet.

Anyway, where did the $333 that we KNOW she spent come from - even if you forget the TH statement about her having ANY cash on her?

Methinks little MissPantsOnFire was definitely working some type of under-the-table cash payment gig. Methinks that's why LA has been lying so low; I think Casey maybe worked for him . . . JMO . . . I'm just saying . . .

Sundance

Could someone tell me what IIRC means please?? I'm new to the site and don't know all the "abbreviations" yet! Thanks in advance!
IIRC = If I recall correctly!!!!

That's one I KNOW!

Those things drive me nuts at times

When I dropped the data into Excel from June 30th to July 14th, I get a:

Grand Total of $935.21

Total of Amy's Checks $496.87
JC Penney Card Total $105.33
Cash Spent Total $333.01

This does not factor in the check she cashed on Amy's account on 7/15 for $250. That money, (or most of it, according to Lee, who said the money looked to be around $200) was found in her wallet that he brought back from Tony's.

So where did this $333 dollars come from that she spent in 2 weeks? Where did she get it?

Then I think back on an early article that stated Baez was paid money up front and Casey told him she 'was good' for the rest of it.

:rolleyes: Right :rolleyes: Sure :rolleyes:

Then on NG about 2-3 nights ago one of the TH said something about her having around $1400 on her when she was arrested.

What?! Did anyone else hear that too? I haven't had time to check back in the transcript for it yet.

Anyway, where did the $333 that we KNOW she spent come from - even if you forget the TH statement about her having ANY cash on her?

Methinks little MissPantsOnFire was definitely working some type of under-the-table cash payment gig. Methinks that's why LA has been lying so low; I think Casey maybe worked for him . . . JMO . . . I'm just saying . . .

Sundance

It's possible that she had some cash left over from the money she took out of her grandfathers account meant for his assisted living expenses.

Perhaps some of the cash was a result of writing a check for purchases then returning said purchases for cash refund?:waitasec:

Sundance, here is one mention of the $1400.

Nancy Grace - Aired November 7, 2008

NIKKI PIERCE, REPORTER, WDBO RADIO: Yes. They -- she apparently said something along the lines of having that 4,000 or $5,000 to Jose Baez, saying that she was going to present $1400 now, and the balance when she, quote, "gets out of this situation." But she simply didn`t have the money, according to George.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0811/07/ng.01.html

Here's the thing. Casey has said that Zanny had a key to the house. Therefore, anything that is missing from the house could still be tied to Zanny, and Casey could still claim that Zanny snuck into the Anthony home, took Caylee's things, then killed her and tried to frame Casey by using the Pooh blanket and the laundry bag from the Anthony home.

However, if Casey purchased the missing items to replace them, (so Cindy wouldn't notice they were missing,) then that shoots Casey's "Zanny framed me," story all to bits.

And yes, Baez is said to have the original receipts from Casey's purse.

And Cindy wouldn't turn over the JC Penney statement to the police. I wonder why?

I wonder if Cindy got that itemized statement in the mail, noticed that there was a purchase of a Pooh blanket and laundry bag, and went into Caylee's room to examine the Pooh blanket and laundry bag that's always been there. Then, on close examination, realized that these two items were not the originals, but new. She knew then that something didn't add up.

If Cindy or Casey had purchased the Winnie the Pooh bedding and accessories a year or two ago, those items would match. But newer items in the same pattern may be just slightly different due to dye lots.........just a slight variation in color, not too noticeable except on close inspection.

If LE has the original laundry bag and Pooh blanket found with Caylee's remains, and took the replacement laundry bag and Pooh blanket from the Anthony home, that shoots the "nanny did it" theory all to heck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper