Legal Q&A for Rhornsby #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that will ever work again. Johny Cochran would be the first and more than likely the last that would ever be able to pull that off.

Just kidding. Ms. Lyon prefers to handcuff herself to furniture. She is quite the thespian.

I'm curious if you've heard any details regarding the 'bad' photos of Casey that Nick Savage FBI discussed with George Anthony?

Supposing KC does (or is allowed to) change her story again, i.e. "yes, Caylee fell in the pool and I was scared and hid the body", could this about face compel her testimony at trial? Under what circumstances, if any, could she be compelled to testify?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry to bump my own question, but I am honestly wondering about this.

Thanks!

Suffer a quick OT to address...if more is needed there are a few threads to pick from and explore (e.g. dated threads in the Case Analysis Forum).

What I have bolded I agree with you. The car that she left at Amscot has raised a big question for me. Who drove her from Amscot to her parents home and who drove her back? She did not walk, that is for sure.
*snipped*

Understand the confusion as the Amscot mgr's account put the car there ~7AM on 6/27 and the trip to G&C's was mid-morning...w/ the car ending back there ~11:45AM. Spent some time going over this and suggest that the Amscot mgr's account maybe that the car was noted upon her arrival @ work the next morning 6/28 since the car was there until 6/30.

I was under the impression that it was Tony L. By the time he got there, she was already outside of her car, with groceries not purchased from a store, but taken from home. Is that not the day they drove back to KC's to break into the shed for the gas can?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Tony L. on 6/23 w/ Casey to break in and get the gas can. Tony also rescued her from Amscot on 6/27.

I'm curious if you've heard any details regarding the 'bad' photos of Casey that Nick Savage FBI discussed with George Anthony?
I am so glad I'm not the only one who remembers this, I was just discussing it with Muzikman. I remember Savage(but I thought it was Yuri) saying they had 1200 pics and George said "yeah she's done some bad things" It was a taped interview. But those pics have not materialized in discovery yet. And the taped interviews need to be replayed to hear the conversation, I don't have time. lol
WTH are they? For some reason this is driving me nuts, and maybe it could explain part of the motive.

Mr. Hornsby, I’m bringing these questions from the last thread. Thanks!

1. Do you have an idea of what kind of juror profile the defense should be looking for? I think it is unlikely the prosecution will allow 12, young, childless, horny um... I mean, girlfriend challenged, guys to serve as the jury.

2. How would you address the duct tape? Obviously you would have to contend that it was applied post mortem. I can’t imagine telling a jury that the duct tape was applied after Caylee accidently drowned in the pool to stop bodily fluid leakage. No one is going to believe that instead of calling 911 on her oh-so-handy multitude of phones, that she instead decided to seek out the duct tape to protect her car from having fluid from her recently deceased daughter. In fact, they may decide that if the lawyer thinks this action is plausible and even acceptable, they might think him somewhat of a monster as well.

Finally, please don't get me started on the manner in which the body was disposed. I just cannot imagine that it was done alone - I PERSONALLY think someone else had to have assisted. But that is just my PERSONAL intuition.

I have to agree with you that someone helped Casey dispose of Caylee. Although I don't feel Casey was there to see where Caylee would be placed initially or moved eventually, but someone, IMO, clearly did. I felt this from day 1 when GA described the events of June 24th.

I always believed Casey's statement regarding: "I don't know where Caylee is" and based that solely on the fact that someone else moved Caylee the first time.

What transpired from June 24th on was clearly orchestrated by someone with a lot of investigative background.

I have also believed Casey statement: "She is close to home" , of which, we all know why now.

Casey's original statements have some truth in them and of course "mis-truths".

I have to agree with you that someone helped Casey dispose of Caylee. Although I don't feel Casey was there to see where Caylee would be placed initially or moved eventually, but someone, IMO, clearly did. I felt this from day 1 when GA described the events of June 24th.

I always believed Casey's statement regarding: "I don't know where Caylee is" and based that solely on the fact that someone else moved Caylee the first time.

What transpired from June 24th on was clearly orchestrated by someone with a lot of investigative background.

I have also believed Casey statement: "She is close to home" , of which, we all know why now.

Thanks, Patty-There are some other good ideas about this at the "We have to stick together" thread. The way you have outlined this keeps me thinking along the lines of the 24th as well. And that special meeting KC wanted to have with dad-He shows up to have the one-on-one visit and KC turns him away? Or JB turns him away? Hmm.
Notice also that AL came into the case stating that she thought it would be a good idea for the family to see KC again-But they haven't that we know of. Could JB or KC have filled AL in on something in regards to GA?

ETA-Of course this does nothing for me as far as believing anything less than that KC murdered Caylee. The murder and the disposal are two very different things, and I don't think one is necessarily indicative of how the other occured.

I finally finished the 1st thread and haven't seen this question asked yet, but we have discussed it in other forums.
IF KC was to accept a plea deal, would the SA require some sort of statement or explanation as to what happened? Would we ever find out what happened to Caylee?
Thank you for being here and answering our questions.

Yes... I too believe all that. In the GA thread from the very start I said who I think that person is. JMHO

Please refer to my "Red"...

Well I am 100% convinced she knows how Caylee died.
I, also, am convinced Casey knows exactly how Caylee died...I'm just not convinced it was an actual murder based on the evidence supplied thus far. I sure hope the State has more concrete evidence if they're trying to seal a DP sentence.

I think the State has benefited for the most part - especially when Baez was unchecked by anyone who knew what they were doing and constantly putting his foot in his mouth.

With that said, I think Andrea Lyon has been positive for Casey Anthony as of late.
I can't stand Lyon's ethics but have to say that I personally believe she's going to save Casey's life...meaning she probably won't get the DP.

Yes, he was not a happy camper.
When all of Baez's mistakes come into play, would you please tell me how he was signed on to teaching a class? I think it was at UCF, can't remember... I think it's ridiculous that Baez took on this case, knowing it had the most likely potential in turning capital, and he isn't DP qualified. Having said that, I believe he took this case to gain notoriety - maybe he saw the potential of $$$ & used it to his advantage. If this could be proven, could he legally be reprimanded by the Florida Bar? It appears as if he's learning as he goes along, iykwim!

A guaranteed conviction.
What kind of plea do you think could garner Casey's agreement? I personally think this will go through the end of trial. I think Casey's too immersed in herself & thinks she could beat this. Based on the evidence released, and based on the evidence I think the Prosecution may still be working on, I just don't see how it justifies a DP conviction. Based on what we've seen, I'm not even thinking she'll get LWOP. I personally haven't seen the evidence prove murder. In your opinion, how much time might Casey get? I was thinking 24+ years. Of course I'm not a lawyer...so...just wondering... Having said all of this, I do think Casey is responsible for Caylee's demise, just not sure of the path to murder, so imo she should be penalized. If murder isn't proven, but the jury feels she's responsible somewhat, what is the minimum time Casey could receive...considering the counts against her and adding to the check fraud issues...maybe 24-28 years?

As for the order of the bags, I defer to all of you. I have not paid close enough attention.

But do this. Go grab a roll of duct tape, tear off three pieces, and place them on something.

Now ask yourself, if the FBI were to check those three pieces of duct tape six months from now, would the impressions from my fingertips still be present on the sticky side of the tape?

The answer is yes, and if you carried out my experiment, you would see your fingers touched the sticky part hundreds of time.

Only thing I can think of is canvas gardening gloves.

I am of the opinion that every trial attorney goes into every case fully prepared to see it though to jury verdict.

To do otherwise would be a disservice to the client whether they be the plaintiff or defendant.

On that note, (and I realize that the capital charge is important, and AL's job is to remove the DP.) There are still 6 other charges which need to be defended.

If the state can convince a jury that the other charges occurred during the commision of the crime (aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter-suggesting some culpability), or to cover up the crime (4 counts of providing false information to a law enforcement officer) are they more likely than not to get a conviction on the murder charge?

How will or should Baez defend these charges? Especially the last four counts as she gave a written sworn statement, and gave several oral sworn statements to LE. (AND LE asked her several times if she wanted to change her story, and she declined)

As for the order of the bags, I defer to all of you. I have not paid close enough attention.

But do this. Go grab a roll of duct tape, tear off three pieces, and place them on something.

Now ask yourself, if the FBI were to check those three pieces of duct tape six months from now, would the impressions from my fingertips still be present on the sticky side of the tape?

The answer is yes, and if you carried out my experiment, you would see your fingers touched the sticky part hundreds of time.

So who's prints did they find? :innocent:

Mr. Hornsby, thank you for your candor and for taking the time to answer our questions. It has been very enlightening so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV