Legendary Artist Prince Found Dead at 57 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone please save hese I just posted before they disappear...I just got called to work ...emergency !

Deleted - it looks like the video only shows the ad

:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another well written and infomative article. Fills in some of the gaps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

TY Cubbeegirl - cannot find your original link and agree w/ debbiegarcia36... What is even better are the comments. This one reduced me to tears all over again...

"...Yes, Prince was a public person: he was also a regular human being who is entitled to ordinary privacy in death. So, I ask? Is it absolutely necessary to make a disrespectful media circus out of the man's pain and suffering. Can we not grant the fellow the dignity of offering silent prayers for his soul and be individually giddy with gladness that we experienced his particular wonderful gifts that he shared with us. Prince was just thrilling! Lets be collectively grateful for his life."
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/05/a...p-for-princes-addiction-lawyer-says.html?_r=4

Someone posted on my FB page asking if I have seen the latest news about Prince, knowing I'm a big fan. I want to say, 1) yes, I've seen the latest news and 2) shut up already, d*mn.

Which brings us to this.....

[video=youtube;8K-LWJAaXRE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K-LWJAaXRE&ab_channel=Superfunkycalifragisexy[/video]

Someone posted on my FB page asking if I have seen the latest news about Prince, knowing I'm a big fan. I want to say, 1) yes, I've seen the latest news and 2) shut up already, d*mn.

Which brings us to this.....

[video=youtube;8K-LWJAaXRE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K-LWJAaXRE&ab_channel=Superfunkycalifragisexy[/video]
WOW, WOW, WOW. A WHOLE LOTTA ENERGY GOIN ON. PRINCE GAVE IT ALL. LOVED THE DANCERS AND SHEILA E ON DRUMS!!!

Good article - thank you for the link.

I was also really taken with some of the comments. This one in particular struck me:

Here in Minneapolis, it was as if Prince was other-worldly, half-man half-god, without the possibility of any flaw, including pain, much less addiction. Imagine the pressure those expectations place upon someone who was, in fact, despite his genius, as real as the rest of us. But he was always determined not to let people down. He was known for that here and elsewhere. That meant he had to try to live up to a reputation as a super-human, and that can't be done. The saddest thing about this is that a man as generous and giving as Prince (and he was well known for those qualities around here, too) had to endure so much, despite all his fame, all alone.

I also saw a quote on legacy.com from someone who was part of the road crew. They said that Prince treated all of the crew and sound engineers like family.

This must be an incredibly hard time for those that knew Prince or worked with him - particularly those close to him on a day to day basis. The "what if"s and "if only"s must be unbearable.

And finally, in an article somewhere (I am afraid I cannot remember where) there was mention that Prince now lived alone in an apartment in the main building at Paisley Park. He had formerly lived in a house on the compound, but when he and his second wife divorced he had the house demolished. I found that hauntingly sad.

I was curious and googled. There are a lot of things that can cause a low red blood cell count. Here are a couple of good links. The first, from the Mayo Clinic site, lists the possible causes and symptoms. The second is a comprehensive and well-researched article discussing vegans and vegetarians. With a well-balanced diet, a vegan such as Prince is not at increased risk of anemia.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/symptoms/low-hemoglobin/basics/causes/sym-20050760

BIB - was he actually eating a well balanced diet though (or receiving the nutrients he required)?

His chef said that he wasn't eating so well in the last few months of his life and had moved to having smoothies rather than food because of stomach and throat problems. He also appeared to be losing weight.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/20...r-went-untouched-says-musicians-personal-chef

As someone else on this thread suggested, I wonder whether he tried to wean himself off the medicines alone maybe hoping that faith and prayer would see him through. Acute withdrawal can cause flu like symptoms. He cancelled a couple of dates in early April due to 'flu'. If he tried to soldier through a couple of weeks without pain meds and the pain and discomfort became too much following his dates in Atlanta, then going straight back to his old dose (coupled with a poor food and fluid intake) could easily have made the dose dangerous.

Another thing which can suddenly increase the potency of these drugs is if your renal function declines - I have also recently read a quote from Prince about having to be reminded to drink water. One of the quickest way to cause acute kidney injury is to become dehydrated. If your kidney function goes off, then you just don't clear oxycodone as efficiently - leading to accumulation and toxicity.

Now it may be that he took significant quantities of medicine, but it could have been a really unfortunate combination of circumstances meaning that a relatively 'normal' dose became toxic.

I can't help wishing the hospital had found a way to hang on to him - or to say that he could only go home with a dedicated doctor and nurse for the first few days.

So very sad.

The more I think about it the harder it is to believe that Prince didn't have a will. A man with a VAULT of music and no will?

Thank you, cubbeegirl, for an evening of being in concert with Prince. It took me back to the 80s when his soundtrack was my growing into adulthood. Thanks to you, Inthedetails, too, for adding to the evening's musical concert by Prince. I also enjoyed the blog on Sir Paul. I am thrilled he still performs after all of these years.

Prince was Prince. I shall not read any of the negative comments about such a wonderful man and talented entertainer who influenced my musical world in such a strong and remarkable way.

However, I will add to the discussion about the drugs. Suboxone can be prescribed as a patch. If Prince was wearing the suboxone patch and mixed it with an opioid, it was a deadly combination. The lethal mixture takes the person into a state of psychosis with severe disorientation. It raises the body's core temp as the heart beats rapidly until it stops. Prince may have been found without any clothes on his body.

But, you understand, I am not going there with Prince. There is no desire to learn every rumor nor read all of the lurid details in the "news". I admired this performer for steering clear of drugs when I needed him most. Those glory days will never change for me as the memories remain crisp, almost crystal clear. I refuse to tarnish those fond memories with a cloud of gossip. I owe it to Prince to allow my memories of his fantastic musical performances and shy interviews to be what they were: a once in a lifetime experience that cannot be replaced. He was such a peaceful soul that I can only wish he'd had the chance to go gently into that good night.

Thank you, cubbeegirl, for an evening of being in concert with Prince. It took me back to the 80s when his soundtrack was my growing into adulthood. Thanks to you, Inthedetails, too, for adding to the evening's musical concert by Prince. I also enjoyed the blog on Sir Paul. I am thrilled he still performs after all of these years.

Prince was Prince. I shall not read any of the negative comments about such a wonderful man and talented entertainer who influenced my musical world in such a strong and remarkable way.

However, I will add to the discussion about the drugs. Suboxone can be prescribed as a patch. If Prince was wearing the suboxone patch and mixed it with an opioid, it was a deadly combination. The lethal mixture takes the person into a state of psychosis with severe disorientation. It raises the body's core temp as the heart beats rapidly until it stops. Prince may have been found without any clothes on his body.

But, you understand, I am not going there with Prince. There is no desire to learn every rumor nor read all of the lurid details in the "news". I admired this performer for steering clear of drugs when I needed him most. Those glory days will never change for me as the memories remain crisp, almost crystal clear. I refuse to tarnish those fond memories with a cloud of gossip. I owe it to Prince to allow my memories of his fantastic musical performances and shy interviews to be what they were: a once in a lifetime experience that cannot be replaced. He was such a peaceful soul that I can only wish he'd had the chance to go gently into that good night.

Amen.

I have to ask this...is anyone else here rather surprised at themselves for the emotions they are feeling ?

I think most of us have spent the better part of our lives with Prince in it , or his influence. I'm just so damn sad,
Today I was driving home and asking myself if I am abnormal or something ! Purple Rain has become an emotional experience for me...those wooh hooo hooo hooos at the end bring tears to my eyes everytime !

I have to ask this...does anyone else here rather surprised at themselves for the emotions they are feeling ?

I think most of us have spent the better part of our lives with Prince in it , or his influence. I'm just so damn sad,
Today I was driving home and asking myself if I am abnormal or something ! Purple Rain has become an emotional experience for me...those wooh hooo hooo hooos at the end bring tears to my eyes everytime !

Yes!!

I have been a fan of Prince forever, but I am NOT a celebrity groupie at all. I'm very surprised at my reaction, totally.

DeDee ,you are most welcome ! I am thankful to have each and every one of you to go through this grieving process with.
I was thinking today Of the young Prince in the Mel B interview and then the older more mature Prince in the New Girl video and what a handsome man he had become and was saddened to think that we won't get to see what transformations he would go through next .... And he went through many of those !
I'm trying to take comfort in his words in the Mel B interview ....that he will celebrate the day he dies l
Godspeed sweet Prince

Yes!!

I have been a fan of Prince forever, but I am NOT a celebrity groupie at all. I'm very surprised at my reaction, totally.

I'm in good company then ! I'm having a hard time coming to terms with my emotions !

I wondered about this as well.... My friends ex hubs had to test clean before they would put him on Suboxone .Now, maybe they have changed the protocol as that's been a few years , but I am certain of this .

DeDee ,you are most welcome ! I am thankful to have each and every one of you to go through this grieving process with.
I was thinking today Of the young Prince in the Mel B interview and then the older more mature Prince in the New Girl video and what a handsome man he had become and was saddened to think that we won't get to see what transformations he would go through next .... And he went through many of those !
I'm trying to take comfort in his words in the Mel B interview ....that he will celebrate the day he dies l
Godspeed sweet Prince

One of the pleasures since his death was seeing all the interviews and performances that show him transforming over the years. He certainly got better and better looking. Oh yeah.

I have been inspired by his statements about changing, that life is about always changing. I needed to hear that and be excited about changes rather than worry about them. I feel like I'm a teenage fan of a young-stud star, and we both have grown up over the years. I love the lifespan of "knowing" him.

Have we posted this one yet? This song was one of my favorites when I thought I was hot on the dancefloor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjGptRztPXg&ab_channel=PopBritney*****

Edited to add: My husband just said I was hot on the dancefloor, lol! (I think he meant to use the present tense.)

One of the pleasures since his death was seeing all the interviews and performances that show him transforming over the years. He certainly got better and better looking. Oh yeah.

I have been inspired by his statements about changing, that life is about always changing. I needed to hear that and be excited about changes rather than worry about them. I feel like I'm a teenage fan of a young-stud star, and we both have grown up over the years. I love the lifespan of "knowing" him.

Have we posted this one yet? This song was one of my favorites when I thought I was hot on the dancefloor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjGptRztPXg&ab_channel=PopBritney*****

Oooohhhhh , good one!

[video=youtu;IYvWRK_HB8o]http://youtu.be/IYvWRK_HB8o[/video]

But you made us all love you Prince !

Good article - thank you for the link.

I was also really taken with some of the comments. This one in particular struck me:

I also saw a quote on legacy.com from someone who was part of the road crew. They said that Prince treated all of the crew and sound engineers like family.

This must be an incredibly hard time for those that knew Prince or worked with him - particularly those close to him on a day to day basis. The "what if"s and "if only"s must be unbearable.

And finally, in an article somewhere (I am afraid I cannot remember where) there was mention that Prince now lived alone in an apartment in the main building at Paisley Park. He had formerly lived in a house on the compound, but when he and his second wife divorced he had the house demolished. I found that hauntingly sad.
Wow. What an amazing man. An who knew? Not many of us. He was humble and private. Great post Lyra. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member