FL Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering), Miramar, 27 Jul 2020 *MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CBS4 Miami @CBSMiami 7m

UPDATE: @HollywoodFLPD
announces that the truck #LeilaCavett was last seen driving has been found in their jurisdiction. It's a mid-to-late 90s white Chevy Silverado 3500 with a red tailgate and a “Baby On Board” sign on the passenger window. https://cbsloc.al/2EvW2gC

CBS4 Miami @CBSMiami 5h
The @HollywoodFLPD is taking over the case of missing mother, #LeilaCavett whose toddler was found wandering all alone in Miramar over the weekend. Police say it is where she was last seen. @CBS4Ted reports. Police: Missing Mom, Leila Cavett, Last Seen In Hollywood Before Her Toddler Found Wandering In Miramar

Miramar police find missing mom’s truck in Hollywood
A statement from Hollywood police said: “Miramar Police received information that Leila Cavett had recently traveled to Florida from Alabama, and that her last known location was possibly in the area of Hollywood Boulevard and US 441. Additional, Miramar Police located Ms. Cavett’s vehicle in Hollywood’s jurisdiction.”

They did not confirm when she was seen in the area.

VIDEO.
Missing Georgia mom’s father speaks out amid search in Broward
''Curtis Cavett spoke with 7News on Thursday. He is asking for the public’s help on the search for his daughter, 21-year-old Leila Cavett.

“She just needs to be with her son. She just needs to be with her family,” he said. “Whoever out there who knows any information or whereabouts on where is Leila Cavett, I would like to say, please put your effort forward.”

The concerned father said he’s certain someone out there knows something, especially after learning her truck, a white, mid to late ’90s Chevy 3500, was found in an often busy parking lot at the Walmart near U.S. 441 and Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood on Wednesday.

Hollywood Police continue to collaborate with Miramar Police on the investigation.

As police continue their search, Leila’s grandfather, Robert Ferdinand, also asked the public to keep looking.

“Her face is all over TV, Facebook, in the news, and she’s recognizable,” he said.''

''Her father said he has a message for her.

“Baby, I love you more than the world, and you can always call your dad,” he said. “Just reach out to me as much as you possibly can. If you can just get to that phone, I will get to you.”

VIDEO
Family Believes Missing Mother Came to Florida to Meet Someone
The family of a missing mother whose toddler was found alone in South Florida is saying they believe the 21-year-old could have been with a man she was in communication with online.

Leila Cavett's father and grandfather told NBC 6 the man messaged her on Facebook to come down to Florida for the weekend and that he possibly sent her money. Curtis Cavett said he knows his daughter sells clothes and other items on Facebook's Marketplace. Police have not confirmed these details.

Cavett's toddler — 2-year-old Kamdyn — was found wandering alone in Miramar on Sunday. The toddler is currently in child protective custody and her family is trying to see him.

MIRAMARJUL 29
Sisters Seeking Answers After Nephew Found Wandering Alone in Miramar

MIRAMARJUL 27
‘It's All a Little Bit Weird': Police Search For Mother of Child Found Wandering
Police say Cavett was last seen near a Walmart on Hollywood Boulevard and US 441. Officers discovered her truck in Hollywood on Wednesday.

Cavett has no known connections to South Florida, but she has ties to Alabama and her family says she was recently living in Georgia.

The Walker County Sheriff’s office in Georgia says they are helping in any way and communicating with Miramar and now Hollywood police.

"The baby was left alone. She would not leave her baby in the streets alone," said Robert Ferdinand, Leila's grandfather. "We love Leila. Leila is a very bright person and I want everybody to keep their eyes open and their ears open and if you see something, say something.”

If you have information that can help police, call Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS.

Hollywood Police Department 2h ·

The Hollywood Police Department is requesting the public’s assistance in locating Leila Cavett
If you have any information on Leila’s whereabouts, please contact the Hollywood Police Department.

Relatives of woman missing since toddler son found walking barefoot and alone plead for information
Loved ones of a missing Georgia woman are pleading for information about her whereabouts after her toddler was found roaming a street alone nearly a week ago in Florida, WSVN-TV reports.

Authorities have been searching for 21-year-old Leila Cavett since her 2-year-old son, Kamdyn, was found last Sunday morning barefoot and wearing only a diaper and a T-shirt in Miramar, Florida.

“She just needs to be with her son. She just needs to be with her family,” Curtis Cavett, Leila Cavett’s father, told the television station. “Whoever out there who knows any information or whereabouts on where is Leila Cavett, I would like to say, please put your effort forward.”

As CrimeOnline previously reported, police on Wednesday found Leila Cavett’s vehicle, a white Chevrolet pickup, in a busy Walmart parking lot in nearby Hollywood, Florida. Curtis Cavett said the discovery of the truck at that location suggests someone saw something.

Robert Ferdinand, Leila Cavett’s grandfather, also urged anyone with information to offer a tip about his granddaughter’s whereabouts.

“Her face is all over TV, Facebook, in the news, and she’s recognizable,” Ferdinand told WSVN-TV.

The investigation into Leila Cavett’s disappearance started after her son, Kamdyn, was found Sunday morning at an apartment complex in Miramar, part of metro Miami.

Leila Cavett had been living in Georgia and her family does not know why she was in Florida. Her father told the television station he wants her to know that will do whatever it takes to find her.

“Baby, I love you more than the world, and you can always call your dad,” Curtis Cavett told WSVN-TV. “Just reach out to me as much as you possibly can. If you can just get to that phone, I will get to you.”

Leila Cavett is described as 5-feet-4-inches tall and weighs about 120 pounds. A tattoo that reads “Kamdyn” is on her inner right arm and she also has a small Jesus fish tattoo on her right wrist.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article244710502.html
—-

Video at link.
'She Could Be In More Danger': Family Of Missing Mom Leila Cavett Seek Answers
“Every day that goes passes she could be in more and more danger and we just don’t even know it. We have no answers. We cannot get a hold of her in the slightest,” said Leila’s sister Tyuania Cavett.''

''The family has been working for more than a week to get in touch with Kamdyn. They’re finally getting a couple of video calls.''

“The fact that he hasn’t seen any familiar faces in nearly two weeks is probably scaring him because he’s still a baby, he doesn’t know anyone down there,” said Tyuania.

“Not a single part of me has lost faith. God is going to bring her home. She’s perfectly fine. I know she’s probably scared as every right now, but I’m not losing hope,” said Tyuania.

If you have any information about where Leila Cavett may be, call Broward Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS. And remember, you can remain anonymous.''

FBI joins investigation of missing Georgia mother whose toddler was found in Miramar
''MIRAMAR, FLA. (WSVN) - The FBI has stepped into the investigation of a missing Georgia mother whose toddler was found alone in South Florida.''

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail

MISSING
Missing Person / NamUs #MP72352Leila Amond Cavett, Female, Black / African American
Date of Last ContactJuly 25, 2020
Missing FromHollywood, Florida

Case Information

Demographics
Missing Age21 Years
Current Age21 Years
First Name Leila
Middle NameAmond
Last NameCavett
Nickname/Alias--

SexFemale
Height5' 3" - 5' 4" (63 - 64 Inches)
Weight110 - 115 lbs
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American

Circumstances
Date of Last ContactJuly 25, 2020
NamUs Case CreatedAugust 4, 2020
Last Known Location Map
LocationHollywood, Florida 33021
CountyBroward County
Missing From Tribal LandNo
Primary Residence on Tribal Land--
Circumstances of DisappearanceWe are actively investigating the disappearance of Leila Cavett. She was last seen on Saturday 07/25/20. On Sunday 07/26/20 her two year old child was found wandering alone in the city of Miramar. Her vehicle was recovered on Tuesday 07/28/20 in the area of State Road 7 and Hollywood Boulevard. She has no known ties to the South Florida area, but was possibly in the area of Ft. Lauderdale Beach before her disappearance in the company of a black male.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back