CANADA Leon (12), Christopher (11), Thomas (9), child abduction by mother Astrid Schiller(55), Dec 2023, Durham, Ontario. Car abandoned in Saskatchewan.

Snoopster

Reaction score
This is unbelievable.
Astrid Schiller has been on the run since December and she was detained trying to cross the border from Manitoba into North Dakota on June 16. Her 3 sons were taken into care. RCMP had to release the mother since the Child Abduction warrant wasn't extended to Manitoba. And then she found her sons and took off with them again!

And now her vehicle has been found abandoned in Pine Cree Regional Park in SE Saskatchewan (7 hours' drive from where she was last seen). So where are they now? They must have alternative transportation.

Update - Blue Hills RCMP searching for three missing children | Royal Canadian Mounted Police

New details Released in case of missing mom, kids in Canadian wilderness
In the early hours of June 17, police were told that the children were no longer at the care home, and it was believed Schiller had taken them once again.

The group was then spotted in Assiniboia before heading to Pine Cree Regional Park in Saskatchewan on June 19, the RCMP said.

On Friday, June 21, an abandoned vehicle was found at the park.
Press Progress reported in January that Schiller was part of a Facebook group called "Stand4Thee", which is known for creating pseudo-legal documents on conspiracies relating to public health measures, vaccines and education.

<snip>

In the meeting witnessed by Press Progress, the group reportedly discussed how liberal views were a "demonic war" against Christian values.

Is someone helping accused child abductor Astrid Schiller?

1719334851169.png

1719334898098.png

This is unbelievable.
Astrid Schiller has been on the run since December and she was detained trying to cross the border from Manitoba into North Dakota on June 16. Her 3 sons were taken into care. RCMP had to release the mother since the Child Abduction warrant wasn't extended to Manitoba. And then she found her sons and took off with them again!

And now her vehicle has been found abandoned in Pine Cree Regional Park in SE Saskatchewan (7 hours' drive from where she was last seen). So where are they now? They must have alternative transportation.

Update - Blue Hills RCMP searching for three missing children | Royal Canadian Mounted Police

New details Released in case of missing mom, kids in Canadian wilderness

Is someone helping accused child abductor Astrid Schiller?

View attachment 513117

View attachment 513118
She could ---so easily---be shielded in the US. My fear is that she has already crossed.

The dad of three boys missing with their mother in Canada told Newsweek on Wednesday that he was just minutes away from seeing his sons for the first time in months when his ex-wife kidnapped them from school.

Speaking a week after Astrid Schiller was detained trying to cross the U.S.-Canada border with their three boys – Leon, 12, Christopher, 11, and Thomas, 9, – before police released her, the father said he is desperate to see his sons again.

While police announced the group as missing in January and issued an arrest warrant for the 55-year-old mother, the paternal family told Newsweek that they actually vanished from Durham, Ontario, in mid-November.

On November 17, 2023, the father was on his way to see his children after spending much of the year without access because of an abuse claim against him. It had been thrown out by a judge a few days earlier.

The disappearance came as a blow to the three boys' father and uncle, who also spoke to Newsweek, explaining that he had helped to raise the boys when they lived on the edge of Toronto.

Both men said that there was a growing list of accusations from the mother about the way they, and the boy's grandparents, were treating the children. When one agency wouldn't listen to her, she tried another.

"I know my oldest two at the time before they left, they fully understood how to use electronic devices and all the rest of it and didn't reach out to me," he said. "That's one of two things.

"They are either being completely isolated from electronics altogether, or they have been told 'some very bad things or outcomes will happen if you try to reach out to dad or grandpa or grandma or uncle'."

"I want to make sure that the boys know that they're absolutely loved and missed by their dad, their grandparents, their uncle," the dad said Wednesday. "I'm sure they have been misled about that. God only knows what they have been told.

"The family dog, Nero, is missing them, too. He will sit on their bed every once in a while giving me these sad eyes," the dad continued, becoming emotional. "That's his way of saying 'where are the kids? Where are they boys?'"

More at link -- it's a long article. Lots of pictures.

Omg :rolleyes: Canadas lenient laws strike again. There should have been a nationwide warrant, it’s 3 children taken! Can’t believe she was able to just pick them up, was nobody watching the boys? Ugh. They must be traumatized, I imagine being on the run for months cannot be fun. How was she able to evade LE for so long? You’d think taking care of 3 boys of those ages while trying to remain under the radar would be difficult. I really hope the RCMP is working closely with North Dakota, I wouldn’t be suprised if she tries to enter the US again. These poor boys and their poor father. Hopefully this gives police some sort of break to find them.

Omg :rolleyes: Canadas lenient laws strike again. There should have been a nationwide warrant, it’s 3 children taken! Can’t believe she was able to just pick them up, was nobody watching the boys? Ugh. They must be traumatized, I imagine being on the run for months cannot be fun. How was she able to evade LE for so long? You’d think taking care of 3 boys of those ages while trying to remain under the radar would be difficult. I really hope the RCMP is working closely with North Dakota, I wouldn’t be suprised if she tries to enter the US again. These poor boys and their poor father. Hopefully this gives police some sort of break to find them.
Regarding staying under the radar, I'm guessing that Mom is taking advantage of her whacko convoy/anti-vax network to shield and aid her. They will say terrible things about the government, and yet they are the people who put people at risk. They promote conspiracy theories.

This case reminds me of the Dawn Walker case. She faked her and her child's death and accused her husband of abuse. That poor man thought his son was dead. She used fake ID to go across the border from Saskatchewan to the US. I wonder if Astrid reached out to her for 'advice'.

I have a friend who had something similar happen. His wife went to Lebanon to visit their young kids grandparents, and then she told him she wasn't coming back. That was almost 2 years ago. He is still fighting that battle to get them back. Luckily the Canadian government and Canadian LE has supported him and she will be arrested if she travels. But still... And he worries every day that she will throw out the 'he abused them' tactic. He's a great person and my heart breaks for him.

This woman must be found and punished.
Hopefully Canada can work closely with the US . I feel she has crossed over.
I had some experience with such a case....and it took forever to get resolved. Sometimes the mother simply gets away with sheets.
So glad Newsweek is covering. Hopefully others will too.

I don't think they crossed over into North Dakota, since she was detained at the border crossing and was later seen in Saskatchewan. Their vehicle was found in western Saskatchewan, but still fairly far from the border (an hour's drive). So they would have had help to cross there. Here is a map of the route from the Manitoba/North Dakota crossing, to where the abandoned vehicle was found (7 hours' drive away) to the nearest border crossing at Wyoming (another hours' drive away).

Boissevain to Treelon

Ah, thank you. I am not too familiar with south Saskatchewan/Manitoba and its US borders. Now that I think about it, she probably changed her route after it was publicly announced she was heading to ND. Where to, though? Her being sheltered by fellow tin foil hatters sounds quite plausible, there are plenty of kooky people out there who’d happily harbor a fugitive if it meant they’re defying the government. My heart breaks for their father, I can’t imagine knowing your children were in placed in a care facility just to be re-abducted. All because the eldest was being taught sex ed.

Ah, thank you. I am not too familiar with south Saskatchewan/Manitoba and its US borders. Now that I think about it, she probably changed her route after it was publicly announced she was heading to ND. Where to, though? Her being sheltered by fellow tin foil hatters sounds quite plausible, there are plenty of kooky people out there who’d happily harbor a fugitive if it meant they’re defying the government. My heart breaks for their father, I can’t imagine knowing your children were in placed in a care facility just to be re-abducted. All because the eldest was being taught sex ed.
Yup.
And here's her Instagram page.
Login • Instagram

She's a 'coach' don'tcha know. Scary.
Ironically, based on her post from last October, she was going to host a workshop on "healing your family drama through reconnecting your spiritual core, for the Holidays". I think she is now the epitome of family drama. She apparently can't see the irony in her own life.

Was the youngest born when she was 46?
Seems like. And that's admittedly quite old for a mom to give birth.
We don't know if the kids are biological or adopted.

I also find it odd that the father's name has never been released in the media. He did speak to Newsweek, and yet they also didn't quote his name, so I'm guessing he doesn't want his name out there. It could be because he is an introvert and is uncomfortable with attention, or, it could relate to his business life or extended family.

ETA: fixed typo

Last edited:
Upon further reflection, what I find interesting is that there was a warrant out for Astrid which did not extend beyond Ontario, yet the border agents in Manitoba flagged her and detained her. I guess I don't understand the system. Her name must have been in a database that included 'BOLOs', or requests to detain. But how do you have a request to retain, without a warrant?

I'm just so sad that she managed to take off with her kids again. HOW did that happen?? They were in custodial care. Their father didn't even get the chance to come and pick them up. Yet Astrid managed to get away with them, yet again.

Is this similar to when the RCMP were cozy with the convoy protesters who were blocking the border to trade? These people broke the law yet RCMP were shaking their hands when they ultimately dispersed. It was shameful.

I don't think they crossed over into North Dakota, since she was detained at the border crossing and was later seen in Saskatchewan. Their vehicle was found in western Saskatchewan, but still fairly far from the border (an hour's drive). So they would have had help to cross there. Here is a map of the route from the Manitoba/North Dakota crossing, to where the abandoned vehicle was found (7 hours' drive away) to the nearest border crossing at Wyoming (another hours' drive away).

Boissevain to Treelon
Thanks for this. I guess I want to study where easiest crossing seem to be. I just have this guy feeling she was determined.

Upon further reflection, what I find interesting is that there was a warrant out for Astrid which did not extend beyond Ontario, yet the border agents in Manitoba flagged her and detained her. I guess I don't understand the system. Her name must have been in a database that included 'BOLOs', or requests to detain. But how do you have a request to retain, without a warrant?

I'm just so sad that she managed to take off with her kids again. HOW did that happen?? They were in custodial care. Their father didn't even get the chance to come and pick them up. Yet Astrid managed to get away with them, yet again.

Is this similar to when the RCMP were cozy with the convoy protesters who were blocking the border to trade? These people broke the law yet RCMP were shaking their hands when they ultimately dispersed. It was shameful.
Hopefully press coverage grows......IFsje is still on the CNDian side..but as stated, my gut is saying otherwise.

Seems like. And that's admittedly quite old for a mom to give birth.
We don't know if the kids are biological or adopted.

I also find it odd that the father's name has never been release in the media. He did speak to Newsweek, and yet they also didn't quote his name, so I'm guessing he doesn't want his name out there. It could be because he is an introvert and is uncomfortable with attention, or, it could relate to his business life or extended family.
Wow, I didn't even pick that up....no name on the dad.
I hope we can keep filling in the blanks.
Needs much more publicity to try to catch her.
She's connected to this right leaning group. Hopefully , people who know this group and don't lean so right along with them, will speak out.

And I wrote that, I wonder if there is any fear connected to said group.

It looks like she was heading to Montana. Was her vehicle found at Pine Cree Regional Park? 40 miles from the Canadian/USA border?

She successfully hid herself and her three sons - who know how to use the internet - from their father, grandfather, and uncle for 6 months. That requires help to buy groceries and stay off grid and out of sight.

She was caught at the Manitoba/USA border by Canadian customs agents, but she was released and it's possible that she slipped through the border from Saskatchewan.
map

Attachments

• 1719468207677.png
    1719468207677.png
    908.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 1719468231017.png
    1719468231017.png
    665.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 1719468586075.png
    1719468586075.png
    790 KB · Views: 2
  • 1719469151052.png
    1719469151052.png
    1 MB · Views: 2
Why is the 55 year old mother so determined to take three sons, aged 12, 11 and 9, away from their father, grandfather and uncle? What about grandmothers, aunts? Is it a small family with only one grandfather and one uncle on the father's side? No aunts?

Regardless. The mother lives in Canada. Why is she unable to use available law to navigate divorce and child custody? She must be arguing that the father is unfit. Are the grandfather and uncle also unfit?

Are her children victimized by the courts? Does she expect a better life across the border in the USA?

I'm curious how she stayed underground with 3 curious children for 6 months - wasn't spotted buying groceries, children were not in sports program, off-grid. I think she needed help to pull that off.

Who helped her? It must be someone that she wants to meet in the USA, North Dakota or Montana, South Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho. Whoever it is - seems like that person might have met her at Pine Cree Regional Park to get her and the three children across the border. Hopefully they didn't have to walk across the border.

Why is the 55 year old mother so determined to take three sons, aged 12, 11 and 9, away from their father, grandfather and uncle? What about grandmothers, aunts? Is it a small family with only one grandfather and one uncle on the father's side? No aunts?

The Newsweek article mentions the grandmother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm
Back