Leona Helmsley "queen of mean" Died

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How awful to die and have no one have anything nice to say about you! I wish I could think of something nice to say about her, but I can't. She was just plain mean.

How awful to die and have no one have anything nice to say about you! I wish I could think of something nice to say about her, but I can't. She was just plain mean.[/quote]
yes- she was...............:mad:

I remember the 60 minutes story on her, before her tax troubles--She had all these animals on her property,telling Dan Rather how much they meant to her--After the show aired, though, she ordered the animals killed--so I was kinda glad to read that she herself was stabbed by an intruder in their palm beach condo back i 1973--musta hurt lol

I remember the 60 minutes story on her, before her tax troubles--She had all these animals on her property,telling Dan Rather how much they meant to her--After the show aired, though, she ordered the animals killed--so I was kinda glad to read that she herself was stabbed by an intruder in their palm beach condo back i 1973--musta hurt lol

For these kinds of people karma must really suck!

RIP!?!? NO WAY...I hope she rots in H@ll! Causing her DIL to lose everything while she had billions...what a B!tch!:razz:

RIP!?!? NO WAY...I hope she rots in H@ll! Causing her DIL to lose everything while she had billions...what a B!tch!:razz:

Life here is difficult. Leona's seemed to be shadowed by a mean and miserly spirit and marked by unimportant pettiness. She seemed to sow and reap discord and to be mired in conflict.

I've never met someone weighted down by such characteristics and circumstances who was happy and at peace. I look at her face and see pain and confusion.

And so, yes, I hope she has peace now. It is a hope I have for all who suffer - even when, perhaps even more so when, that suffering is the result of their own choices.

Life here is difficult. Leona's seemed to be shadowed by a mean and miserly spirit and marked by unimportant pettiness. She seemed to sow and reap discord and to be mired in conflict.

I've never met someone weighted down by such characteristics and circumstances who was happy and at peace. I look at her face and see pain and confusion.

And so, yes, I hope she has peace now. It is a hope I have for all who suffer - even when, perhaps even more so when, that suffering is the result of their own choices.
Great post, scm!!
I hope Leona rests in peace as well.

I figure you get in life what you give. As a result she died lonely. She was mean and selfish...especially to those who needed the most compassion. She was a horrid woman.

I figure you get in life what you give....

Perhaps....in the big picture that I'm not able to see from my vantage point...I am a believer in the Law of Karma, impersonal and balancing.

I am also a believer in Grace - I have received much more goodness in this life than I have given, and I know people who have given so much in this life and received pain, suffering and misery.

I'm not wise enough to have any of it figured out, but I do know this: being human is tough and I wish for peace for all who come to the end of that road.

Perhaps....in the big picture that I'm not able to see from my vantage point...I am a believer in the Law of Karma, impersonal and balancing.

I am also a believer in Grace - I have received much more goodness in this life than I have given, and I know people who have given so much in this life and received pain, suffering and misery.

I'm not wise enough to have any of it figured out, but I do know this: being human is tough and I wish for peace for all who come to the end of that road.

South, you're such a sweetheart and very wise indeed. She surely had her own demons and maybe she is facing them now, in the afterlife. My parents were in a class action lawsuit against her (and won!).

Eve

South, you're such a sweetheart and very wise indeed. She surely had her own demons and maybe she is facing them now, in the afterlife. My parents were in a class action lawsuit against her (and won!).

Eve
Oh GOOD!!! It is sad she had so much, yet wanted to stiff the "little people."
:angel:

Eve

Hiya Eve, :blowkiss:

Awesome that your parents won! What was the suit about?

Hiya Eve, :blowkiss:

Awesome that your parents won! What was the suit about?

Empire State Building. They were investors - she tried to screw all the investors - I don't know the details. She lost and I'm glad to say my parents made a nice profit on the ESB and in fact still are making $ as a result.

xoxoxo

Eve

I figure you get in life what you give. As a result she died lonely. She was mean and selfish...especially to those who needed the most compassion. She was a horrid woman.

We reap what we sow, as a wise Man once said. ;)

Empire State Building. They were investors - she tried to screw all the investors - I don't know the details. She lost and I'm glad to say my parents made a nice profit on the ESB and in fact still are making $ as a result.

xoxoxo

Eve

That's great. More power to anyone who could go up against her and come out on the better side of it!

Well, Leona's will was just made public yesterday--She left most to charity but get this: She left 12 million bucks to her tiny dog but left nothing to 2 of her 4 grandchildren--The will says they get nothing "for reasons well known to them" lol--The other 2 grandchldren get 10 million each--Leona's only son dropped dead of a heart attack in his 40's I believe--too bad he didn't take better care of himself,he may have been a very rich man today if he did--on the other hand, you never know how much the Quuen Of Mean would have actually left him, could have been a Tori Spelling-type ripoff anyway

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat
Back