Let's talk about the cat ...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It actually doesn't matter if SA used the rifle or not, just possessing a firearm as a convicted felon is a crime, punishable by at least a decade in prison.

However, my belief is he did use that rifle; and certainly on the afternoon TH was brutally murdered with 2 shots to her head, of which one bullet found in his garage did come from that very rifle and did have TH DNA on it.

But strangely enough, said gun was placed right back over his bed where it was prior and contained no DNA, blood spatter, etc... So he burned the body beyond recognition, even hid the RAV4 under some sticks, yet hung the gun back over his bed and sat there playing with her key?

He had possession of the gun. That's a felony. Even if he never took it off the wall. Still illegal for a felon to possess a firearm. 10+ years in prison.

2 + 2 = meow

(back to the subject of cats)

He had possession of the gun. That's a felony. Even if he never took it off the wall. Still illegal for a felon to possess a firearm. 10+ years in prison.

2 + 2 = meow

That's not what I said and it's not an automatic 10 with a good lawyer.

Planted bullet + rifle = nothing

(now really back to cats)

Do you have a link for this info? I've been wanting to look into his "troubles" after exoneration but haven't gotten anywhere. I'm curious if this is all of it and more info on each incident. I know he got into some DV trouble with Jodi. It seems odd that all of his troubles in two years "free" were in a three month period? I'm not saying he didn't do them, but it would be a lot more troubling if it was two years of consistent trouble. Or not. I'm not sure yet what I think. lol

It appears to be nothing more than an incident summary. In any event, here's the link: Avery Activity log

I have not seen anyone here rationalize animal cruelty. We have perhaps mentioned different degrees. Just because some of us feel it isn't right to make a jump from animal cruelty to human murder doesn't mean we approve. We may just not feel that one is proof of the other. Nor I believe they can be equated. It's almost as if some feel that anyone who would do that to a cat when they were 19 and drunk would murder a human being 30 years later. FYI there are plenty of serial killers who are very loving to animals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I don't think it is that big of a jump from severe animal cruelty/killing to human killing. He was 20 and this was his pet cat. He poured fuel on the cat and laughed as they watched it burn. That is extreme cruelty, in my opinion.

I don't care if he was drunk. That just brings out one's true feelings. When I am drunk I hug and pet my cats. I would never throw them into the fire and laugh at them burning up.

I really don't think it is that big of a leap. :no:

But strangely enough, said gun was placed right back over his bed where it was prior and contained no DNA, blood spatter, etc... So he burned the body beyond recognition, even hid the RAV4 under some sticks, yet hung the gun back over his bed and sat there playing with her key?

Criminals do really stupid things. The college student that was just arrested for the murder of the 13 yr old girl from VA, stupidly and inexplicably kept the blanket the 13 yr old left home with, in her dorm room.

The stupid criminal who killed Dr Sievers kept the bloody clothes and told his girlfriend where they were.

Idiots.

Personally, I don't think it is that big of a jump from severe animal cruelty/killing to human killing. He was 20 and this was his pet cat. He poured fuel on the cat and laughed as they watched it burn. That is extreme cruelty, in my opinion.

I don't care if he was drunk. That just brings out one's true feelings. When I am drunk I hug and pet my cats. I would never throw them into the fire and laugh at them burning up.

Maybe not, as Jeffrey Dahmer was reported to have tortured animals when he was younger. But I'm not sure any psychologist would claim that torturing animals is a definite predictor of murderous behavior.

Torture of a pet is indicative of sociopathic behaviors, though not all sociopaths go on to murder.

Criminals do really stupid things. The college student that was just arrested for the murder of the 13 yr old girl from VA, stupidly and inexplicably kept the blanket the 13 yr old left home with, in her dorm room.

The stupid criminal who killed Dr Sievers kept the bloody clothes and told his girlfriend where they were.

Idiots.
My point was that there was no indication gun was used.

I am literally slapping myself in the head right now. How can one argue with this? Let's just lock up anyone who abuses animals for life because it is highly likely they will jump to killing people next.

ETA I guess that it seems to me to believe that those who are violent to humans would have no issue being violent to animals. I just do not believe that being violent toward an animal necessarily means one would be violent to humans. To me it's a big leap.

Violence to an animal shows a lack of empathy for another living being. It also demonstrates callousness and cruelty to a being who is dependent on others for their safety and care. Being able to not only harm but torture a living pet ranks up there with many people (myself included) as heinous as abuse of a child. Yes, yes, we've already been told "it's NOT a child," so please spare the lecture on that. Still, when you love another living being you love them whether they have 2 legs or 4 legs & a tail, and you want to protect them and give them a good and happy life.

If someone exhibits sociopathic behaviors, lack of empathy, or even takes pleasure in harming a weaker, defenseless being, it is a big waving red flag. It's not something psychologists or psychiatrists would pooh-pooh and dismiss. It's a warning sign.

It's also very upsetting to those who do take the well-being of animals to heart and do want them to be treated with kindness.

There is a correlation between the torture/killing of animals and eventual violence towards humans. It's been studied for decades, it's real. It's not a 1:1 correlation, but it is worth noting and paying attention to.

It's a big red flag when it's done over and over again. Is there any other instances of SA and animal cruelty?

Was thus even SA's cat that he loved with all his heart? wAs it an indoor cat that depended on one of he Averys to feed it or was it a "junk yard" cat that just is a wild cat that runs wild and keeps multiplying?

i guess I have sociopathic behaviours becasue I have pulled spinders legs off (yes more than one spider) - why you ask? i have no clue why.. i just did. Do i feel "bad" about it today? No, not at all, I really dont care.. It was just something I did every now and then.. dId I get "pleasure" from it? nO. Not really.. It just fasinated me for some reason.. Was i young? yEs. Would I do it today? No..

I assume SA did not "love" this cat nor did he think of it as a "brother, kid, mother or father" .. Onviously, the cat meant nothing to him just as the spider meant nothing to me. IMO.

Does all this mean, I have it "in me" to kill a human? Is that what the "books" say?

I am literally slapping myself in the head right now. How can one argue with this? Let's just lock up anyone who abuses animals for life because it is highly likely they will jump to killing people next.

ETA I guess that it seems to me to believe that those who are violent to humans would have no issue being violent to animals. I just do not believe that being violent toward an animal necessarily means one would be violent to humans. To me it's a big leap.

I never said we should lock them up for life as a precaution. I just said it was not that big of a leap to me, from killing pets to killing people. It just seems that if you could purposely douse a family pet and watch it burn to death, then you have zero compassion. Very cold hearted and evil thing to do, in my opinion. So if his girlfriend made him really angry, what's to stop him ?

Was thus even SA's cat that he loved with all his heart? wAs it an indoor cat that depended on one of he Averys to feed it or was it a "junk yard" cat that just is a wild cat that runs wild and keeps multiplying?

i guess I have sociopathic behaviours becasue I have pulled spinders legs off (yes more than one spider) - why you ask? i have no clue why.. i just did. Do i feel "bad" about it today? No, not at all, I really dont care.. It was just something I did every now and then.. dId I get "pleasure" from it? nO. Not really.. It just fasinated me for some reason.. Was i young? yEs. Would I do it today? No..

I assume SA did not "love" this cat nor did he think of it as a "brother, kid, mother or father" .. Onviously, the cat meant nothing to him just as the spider meant nothing to me. IMO.

Does all this mean, I have it "in me" to kill a human? Is that what the "books" say?

I think a spider is a little different from the family cat. Dousing any living thing with gas and throwing it on the fire is evil, callous and sadistic. I don't care whose cat it was, or if indoor or outdoor. :no:

From what I've read it was just described as a family pet.

Hitler loved animals. And he was a right prick.

2 + 2 = meow

lol :D

tHousands of people don't think of an animal the way others do.

I personally a could care less what someone does with their cat, dog, bird, mouse. I only care when they harm another human, I dont think this make me "wrong" or a psychopath becasue some "book" says so.

I respect your love for animals, I just dont share the same love .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms
Back