6- ? single mother/ childless

State
1- computer savvy
2- educated
3- employed
4-? has a family
5-? has morals
6-? pays their bills

this is just a starting place fell free to replace at will.
No ill will to anyone just probing here!

I like your criteria for the state - sounds like most people, lol.

I might disagree with the defense wanting the ethnicity factor. Latinas might enjoy the fact that KC was attracted to and perhaps wanted to emulate them, but I doubt they would enjoy her throwing an imaginanny ZFG under the bus. My guess would be a demographic much more like our friends in the Satsuma case. White, highly undereducated, with generations of mistrust toward LE and government (with good reason considering they run at cross purposes to what many folks are up to there). That mistrust of LE and reluctance to let the court "interfere" with their actions would mirror what the way Anthony family themselves have reacted - as if their "privacy" was violated by the court.

If that's the case, then you will have six stoners vs six working class mind-full folks, and a hung jury. Crap!

Oh...Pick Me....Pick Me, for both sides! LOL
1.disable
2.41 yrs old
3.single mother in the past (single again real soon..lol)
5.grandmother
6.Hispanic
7.have morals
8.open minded
9.computer knowledge
10. educated
13. have been employed in the medical field, real estate agent, Senior liaison, business owner
12.have a family
13.pay my bills when I have money...most of the time on time lol
14. in my youth (21Yrs and older), I loved to go dancing and have me a glass of wine from time to time. So, no partying is no crime as long as you take care of your responsibilities first.
15.Have been requested in the past for Jury duty in VA, but I said no at the time due to health. Can I move to FL in hopes to being picked again? LOL
16.I have no criminal record, even though I did get one speeding ticket last year..:angel:
17. won't have a problem being sequesterd

Sequestered for two months? IMO, most women under 50 will be very resistant about serving on this jury (children/family concerns/careers) unless they are guaranteed to be sequestered with Chris North.

Best jurors for the defense? Anyone from an MTV show like the Real World, or the Hills. Basically anyone who lives in a fantasy world where consequences, logic, and reasoning not only don't apply but are never used. Excuses and partying are welcome, complain and cause drama as much as you want because that's all you know how to do to get out of real life and responsibilities. Real life? Responsibilities? What is that? My last and only two brain cells are overwhelmed! Party time!

Best jurors for the prosecution? Anyone responsible for their lives with a brain who can use logic and reasoning, and who believes in not killing your kid when you don't want to be a parent anymore. No excuses will work, suck it up, quit complaining, it's nobody's fault or responsibility but your own. If you didn't want a kid, then don't have unprotected sex with so many men you'll never know who the father is in the first place. Two words: BIRTH CONTROL. Use it! And GET A JOB!

Basically the defense doesn't have a prayer unless this takes place in Miami or some other Spring Break/party destination in Florida. Maybe MTV will do a show in Orlando around that time?

I'm from MI and most of my friends do not follow this case. Most have no idea who Casey or Caylee is. So I'd say if they can get jurors from around the country they have a better chance. On that note I would pick people who work full-time, go to school in the evenings, don't own TVs and are are not technology oriented. The reason is the technology part will just confuse them so they will discount it in their minds. Basically pick people who are too busy to pay attention to cases like this! Obviously I'm not busy enough.

Ideal pick for prosecution:
Has followed the case (would have to lie during voir dire)
Upper middle class
Middle Aged or Older
Parent (Not Single)
Female
Full Time Employment
Average IQ
Very Conservative

Ideal pick for the defense:
Against the death penalty (Would have to lie during voir dire)
College educated
Reads the news but not crime stories
Has been arrested for DUI in past.
Has partied regularly in the past.
Younger
Male
Single
Has a family member with mental illness
Has a family member who has suffered from child abuse
Very Liberal
Above average IQ.

I'm from MI and most of my friends do not follow this case. Most have no idea who Casey or Caylee is. So I'd say if they can get jurors from around the country they have a better chance. On that note I would pick people who work full-time, go to school in the evenings, don't own TVs and are are not technology oriented. The reason is the technology part will just confuse them so they will discount it in their minds. Basically pick people who are too busy to pay attention to cases like this! Obviously I'm not busy enough.

In a State of Florida case, you have to pick Jury members from Florida, although, the case is probably not as popular outside Orlando. Also, people who become confused and are to busy to pay attention, will make up their minds after opening statements (Guilty)... not good for the defense. If they work full time they will have no sympathy for someone who parties all the time and neglects their child (recommends death)

Best jurors for the defense? Anyone from an MTV show like the Real World, or the Hills. Basically anyone who lives in a fantasy world where consequences, logic, and reasoning not only don't apply but are never used. Excuses and partying are welcome, complain and cause drama as much as you want because that's all you know how to do to get out of real life and responsibilities. Real life? Responsibilities? What is that? My last and only two brain cells are overwhelmed! Party time!

~ Respectfully snipped ~

LOL -- That was my first thought, too!

Defense:
1. someone not so trusting in the gov
2. VERY open minded
3. not real understanding of science/forensics
4. maybe a single father or non-parent

Pros:
1. ideally, the exact opposite of what the defense wants

In all reality, though, both sides need educated, unbiased, open-minded people from all walks of life who don't know much about this case and are interested in being a part of the process.

- - - - - - - - - - -

If I didn't have young kids, I think it'd be a great experience to be on the jury - even sequestered. Not just because it's a high profile case or one I follow, but because it's incredibly interesting to see the process. I served on a jury for the first time two weeks ago. It was a 4 day trial for armed robbery & assault. The things I learned were amazing. After hearing the evidence and seeing/hearing the witnesses, I definitely had my opinion. Then, when going to deliberate and actually read through the laws and rules and such, I couldn't exactly vote the way my opinions/feelings were telling me to (actually, that worries me a little in this case). One thing, though, my case took a full day just to pick the jury -- boy, is that going to be a long process in and of itself in this case!

Sorry if this has been mentioned...what kind of juror was JB thinking of when he hemmed and hawed about the possibility of sequestering a jury? I'm thinking lower-middle class people who would be severly hurt by loss of employment. If that's the case...and it is just my opinion...why would he think he'd have a better shot with them identifying with his client? She was never employed. Could it be that he's looking for folks that aren't "highly" educated? I mean no disrespect...but what demographic would be hindered by being sequestered?
I don't think any demographic would want to be sequestered for the length of time this trial probably will take. By the time they're actually in deliberations they'll be too eager to get out of there. I doubt the defense wants anyone who is highly educated and has any knowledge of science, since I believe it will be the forensics that will be argued as "junk science". I also don't think the defense wants anyone who is a morally upstanding person who places family values as a prominent part in their life. But at the same time, an upstanding woman who may not be highly educated, but who has raised children as a single mother could be just as devastating to the defense ~ this person would know what it's like, and abhor what Casey is accused of doing. MOO

I gotta say that defense should be looking for 12 Lindsey Lohans and her mother as the so many alternates.

I like your criteria for the state - sounds like most people, lol.

I might disagree with the defense wanting the ethnicity factor. Latinas might enjoy the fact that KC was attracted to and perhaps wanted to emulate them, but I doubt they would enjoy her throwing an imaginanny ZFG under the bus. My guess would be a demographic much more like our friends in the Satsuma case. White, highly undereducated, with generations of mistrust toward LE and government (with good reason considering they run at cross purposes to what many folks are up to there). That mistrust of LE and reluctance to let the court "interfere" with their actions would mirror what the way Anthony family themselves have reacted - as if their "privacy" was violated by the court.
I agree with you. Hispanic people, especially an older woman, could be devastating to the defense. For the most part, they are very family oriented, have had to work hard and raise a family, and often care for their grandchildren and great-grandchildren. MOO

Hmmmm....:waitasec:....

How 'bout this guy?

tim.jpg

Quote respect BJB.

And utter and complete respect to Mr. Miller. :rose:

I think the defense is worried about women/men with kids being sequestered that long and resenting KC who is accused of murdering her kid. I honestly feel this is the demographic they are referring to. The perfect jurror for the prosecution is going to be MOTHERS IMO and the perfect jurror for the defense is going to be a young bartender around KC's age...a male. JMO.

I think some really technical/science focused would be a nightmare for the SA because they may be too knowledgeable to accept other techincal/scientist opinions. Tech people tend to be arrogant (Some Tech People) because they "know" how it works.

I definitely would choose a nurse if I were picking for the SA. Grandparent with deliquent adult children.

I think the defense is worried about women/men with kids being sequestered that long and resenting KC who is accused of murdering her kid. I honestly feel this is the demographic they are referring to. The perfect jurror for the prosecution is going to be MOTHERS IMO and the perfect jurror for the defense is going to be a young bartender around KC's age...a male. JMO.
Facing being sequestered for two months, a lot of parents ~ and definitely single parents with children living at home ~ aren't going to make the jury. I do believe though the state could replace those potential jurors with senior citizens who would be the defense's worst nightmare, especially if they are Hispanic. MOO

FYI- With jury duty. If you are picked....you don't get a choice.

Facing being sequestered for two months, a lot of parents ~ and definitely single parents with children living at home ~ aren't going to make the jury. I do believe though the state could replace those potential jurors with senior citizens who would be the defense's worst nightmare, especially if they are Hispanic. MOO

I disagree only because my cousin was on a high profile case as a jurist and was sequestered for 8 weeks. She has 2 small toddlers..they didn't care, she did of course. She IS married and her kiddos are in day care with the father being able to pick them up as he always did anyway. I have no experience with the single parent thing, so I can't give an opinion on that. I don't think a single parent would be on the prosecutions must have list anyway though. I don't think they particularly want people that could relate to KC in any way shape or form. JMO.

FYI- With jury duty. If you are picked....you don't get a choice.
Not true, there are a number of reasons you choose from for getting jury duty postponed. In most cases being a student qualifies, I would imagine being a single parent would also qualify.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julia2105
Back