Lisa and the river

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok, but I still don't understand why someone would pay money to monitor a road. If I'm paying money for a camera system, no matter how small, I'm goiing to pay for it to record my property with my stuff on it.

I would have mine pointed at where the driveway meets the street, the walkway meets the sidewalk as well as any other point of entry. But maybe that's just me, but the sooner I catch a perp on camera the longer they are in view. DVR caches can easily be deleted every day or every other day. Right now we have about 20 movies recorded on a small DVR and still have 52% disk space left over, just to give an indication as to how much footage one would hold.

We are *supposed* to have both, but it doesn't seem to be enforced much. We are issued 2 when renewing. Kansas, just a very short distance away only requires rear.

For the record...I didn't know about the two plate rule when I first moved to Missouri. I thought the extra one was well an extra one in case something happened to the first (at the time I had heard a lot about tags being stolen).

I got a ticket one time for not having the front plate while parked outside the Kansas City School District.

So it is enforced. And so I have both front and back plates now :)

For the record...I didn't know about the two plate rule when I first moved to Missouri. I thought the extra one was well an extra one in case something happened to the first (at the time I had heard a lot about tags being stolen).

I got a ticket one time for not having the front plate while parked outside the Kansas City School District.

So it is enforced. And so I have both front and back plates now :)
I got stopped one time in the little town of Windsor, Mo for not having a front plate. Funny thing is I had to get out and show her that there was, in fact, a front plate there! There it was, plain as day. Dunno why it seemed invisible to her. I thought at first somebody might have stolen it. I knew it was there not long before as I had just gotten new plates.

There is just no realistic way to cover all aspects & areas of that river, and no way to know where ANYTHING may end up that finds its way into it. I just keep thinking about the person who stated that this case may take years to solve, if ever, & wonder. Maybe always will. Especially after I learned where/how the state trooper was found.

Yes. Big river, small child. I've thought the river from the start. So sad. Same with the case of a "missing" baby in Maine...big river nearby.

Yes. Big river, small child. I've thought the river from the start. So sad. Same with the case of a "missing" baby in Maine...big river nearby.

When I took a drive up there & realized just HOW close the Mo River is to the house (less than a 3 min drive, & I was driving SLOW, looking around, telling my big ol' dog to Lay down & be quiet,etc) ,well that's when I started thinking that no OTHER place would make as much sense, as far as for convenience & ease of disposal, IF need be... but still heartbreaking.

LE need to drop a weighted garbage bag into the river from a few locations and see where it goes. I also think Lisa is in the water. This method was used this summer to help locate Breeann Rodriguez.

When I first heard about Lisa, I didn't even think about the river. I'm not sure why. I go down to the city a lot, and every time I go across the Bond Bridge (I'm still wanting to call it the Paseo Bridge!) It doesn't matter who I'm riding with, somebody will ALWAYS say, "I wonder how many bodies are in that river?"

So sad to think about. If Lisa was thrown in the river, do you think she'd ever be found? Would she be lost forever, or at least until somebody just happens to see something floating along?

Oh and the two plate law? They definitely enforce it! A few years ago I was driving with the front plate on my dashboard because I hadn't gotten around to buying new screws (I was like 18 and even worse about procrastination lol). Yea, I got a ticket. Lesson learned!

When I first heard about Lisa, I didn't even think about the river. I'm not sure why. I go down to the city a lot, and every time I go across the Bond Bridge (I'm still wanting to call it the Paseo Bridge!) It doesn't matter who I'm riding with, somebody will ALWAYS say, "I wonder how many bodies are in that river?"

So sad to think about. If Lisa was thrown in the river, do you think she'd ever be found? Would she be lost forever, or at least until somebody just happens to see something floating along?

Oh and the two plate law? They definitely enforce it! A few years ago I was driving with the front plate on my dashboard because I hadn't gotten around to buying new screws (I was like 18 and even worse about procrastination lol). Yea, I got a ticket. Lesson learned!
:waitasec: I've never been in a car when someone said that and I am past middle age.

I say that about Nevada every time we drive through. It's a desolate wasteland. I'm sure there are thousands of bodies all over Nevada.

I think the fact that the fire department was doing drills is relevant. I don't know how relevant, a lot of it I think would depend on when she actually was placed in the river, when they started doing drills and how far down the river they (the FD) were. When Nat had originally posted that response from KCPD, my first reaction (which of course may be wrong) was that KCPD was going off an assumption that it is somewhat possible that the FD would had saw something, even with the current the morning of the 4th if BL was placed in the river.

Using this post from the first page as a jumping off point to post this for anyone who is interested.

From Oct.4th:
The Kansas City Fire Department was training on the river Tuesday and was alerted by about the missing infant. Fire crews searched the river from Choteau Bridge and down river at least two miles.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...ssing-10-month-old-girl-in-kcmo#ixzz1kBBWjHov

But, if Lisa was put in the river the night before, she would most likely be well past the point where the FD was doing their drills that morning, I would think.

I agree, and we don't even know where she was put in or if it was the Missouri river.

not sure how accurate this response is (it does seem to come from a gov't site @ blm.gov; the link is broken however) but 2-3 miles/hr in the summer/fall is the given speed so yes, way past...

http://www.experts123.com/q/how-fast-does-the-missouri-river-flow.html

Sure was moving fast on Oct. 13 when I was in KC... if you look at how that river meanders across MO on a map... oh my. I am thinking it's pretty hopeless, if it was the river. I have wanted to somehow get the word out down river to people living ,fishing,boating from KC to St. Louis to keep an eye out. As dry as we have been all winter, water levels have to be dropping.

PP is not in any river or stream -- they would have found her IMHO UNLESS thrown in the MO River. All other waterways that flow to the MO River didn't have enough water to carry her to MO River in Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb -- maybe she's still stuck under the I435 bridge?

Naw . . . missing

Drove over the I-435 bridge over Missouri River late last night.

I can see someone tossing cell phones out the window into the river while traveling along at highway speeds but don't see it being possible to toss a baby's body especially if weighted down.

Drove over the I-435 bridge over Missouri River late last night.

I can see someone tossing cell phones out the window into the river while traveling along at highway speeds but don't see it being possible to toss a baby's body especially if weighted down.

But, why couldn't someone stop their car, get out, and throw the bucket or whatever container over the side? If it was done after dark, traffic would be minimal and a person could position themselves on the bridge to be able to see headlights coming. I would think that this could be done as quickly as 15 seconds if someone rushed.

From the Irwin house to the quickest, easiest access point to the Mighty Mo, is less than a 2 minute drive. I have driven it myself, several times. I know it's been posted in this thread before, & elsewhere on this forum, but I think it is important to post again: Here is a video, than will give you an idea of the area:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJVTrODkCW0"]Lisa Irwin neighborhood - YouTube[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back