Lisa has been Missing for 6 Months now

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM

I couldn't believe it when I read that. Her statement sounded like she knew Lisa, had watched her grow, and they had a special bond. OMG!

I felt like Lisa's Aunt was very sincere, even though she may not have spent much, (or any time) with Lisa.
I've never met Lisa. I'm not a relative or friend, and I have many times pondered the same things that AI mentioned.

1st bold: iirc, deann states in this thread there were detectives who wanted this case with homicide... i will look for the post if you missed it...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7758742&postcount=60"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Lisa has been Missing for 6 Months now[/ame]
3rd bold: iirc, the parents only gave their consent for a limited search/processing in the beginning... again i will look for links for you later... i have to run out for a while.

Snipped for space. In the SW it states only a limitted search was done in the beginning based on the parents account of what happened, it does not say the parents limitted the search in any way IIRC.

dewy-- you are free to interpret/spin it any way you wish; myself and others read it differently:

The court document also indicated that Lisa's parents restricted police access to the home.

"The only areas extensively processed for DNA and fingerprints during the consent were the baby's bedroom and possible points of entry," the document states.

"The extent of the search had been limited in nature with consent" of the parents, police stated in the request for the search warrant.

The police request for the warrant said, "A more extensive and intrusive search needs to be completed at the property where the baby was last accounted."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-baby-lisa-cadaver-dogs-detect-smell-deceased/story?id=14786129

If there's only four officers working on this case, if only 11 tips came in during the last month, if the case isn't in the news much anymore, and if there's no active search parties, how do Deborah and Jeremy expect their daughter to be found?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Lisa has been Missing for 6 Months now

dewy-- you are free to interpret/spin it any way you wish; myself and others read it differently:

The court document also indicated that Lisa's parents restricted police access to the home.

"The only areas extensively processed for DNA and fingerprints during the consent were the baby's bedroom and possible points of entry," the document states.

"The extent of the search had been limited in nature with consent" of the parents, police stated in the request for the search warrant.

The police request for the warrant said, "A more extensive and intrusive search needs to be completed at the property where the baby was last accounted."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-baby-lisa-cadaver-dogs-detect-smell-deceased/story?id=14786129
Here is what is said in the search warrant in full so we can get the context.
"The extent of the search had been limited in nature with consent although each search has recovered evidence helpful to further progress the investigation."

No mention of the parents limiting any search.
If anyone is putting a spin on things, its the writer of the ABC article that's quoted.

http://media2.nbcactionnews.com/NWT/pdf/20111021_irwinwarrant.pdf

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ba...smell-deceased/story?id=14786129#.T4DDMNV0TJc

I don't spin, and I don't get into the catch phrase of the week drama FWIW

I don't spin, and I don't get into the catch phrase of the week drama FWIW

Wise move, there is a lot of drama in this case. :pillowfight2: ;) Busrider/protestor gets thrown out of house by LE. I wonder if there are any Edith Easter vigils? I miss IDM. :sigh:

Happy Easter, Dewey. :martini: <Skyy Martini :hen: couldn't find an egg so here's a chicken, they have eggs [eventually] lol

Here is what is said in the search warrant in full so we can get the context.

"The extent of the search had been limited in nature with consent although each search has recovered evidence helpful to further progress the investigation."

No mention of the parents limiting any search.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ba...smell-deceased/story?id=14786129#.T4DDMNV0TJc

"with consent"... now, who exactly would be giving consent for their house to be searched/processed if not for the adults who live there*???

*adults who live there = parents

Now I'm curious...what is the catch phrase of the week? :wave:

maybe when we find out, tricia can put it on a rolling banner at the top of the page to pretty this place up for spring ??!! maybe something like this?!

:spring::spring::spring: CATCH PHRASE OF THE WEEK :spring::spring::spring:

Aw, come on. I've noticed that someone will use a word or phrase and it will used over and over again here for awhile. A new one must get passed out every week.

maybe when we find out, tricia can put it on a rolling banner at the top of the page to pretty this place up for spring ??!! maybe something like this?!

:spring::spring::spring: CATCH PHRASE OF THE WEEK :spring::spring:

How about, "step away from the :needdrink: & the :online: and go look for your :baby:"

Please let me know if I am using any offensive words and phrases.

Please let me know if I am using any offensive words and phrases.

I've never seen you use either. I've been so frustrated about this case I can't see straight. One can only say so many times, "are they looking for her yet??" Then to find out she's sitting at a computer, probably reading this right now, makes my blood boil.

I'm offended for Lisa.

Sometimes I start thinking about the possibility of SODDI then reading about how DB posts on FB and reads and cares what random people on the Internet are saying, really makes that seem far less likely. If your child were kidnapped would you seriously read web pages about it? Would you care what people thought? Or would you get off your hiney do an interview with the police, hound the media to keep your child's name out there, and be constantly active in the search for your missing child.

And yes I know someone will post and say that you don't know what you'd do if your child were kidnapped and not to judge, but I don't need my child kidnapped to know that if one of my babies were missing I'd move heaven and earth to get them back, that I would not be sitting by "hoping for the best".

I could actually see scouring FB if my child were missing. I could see having google alert set so that any time someone even hinted at my child on the internet, I would know it. We've seen people insert themselves into cases via news interviews and showing up to searches, after they've harmed a child. It stands to reason that the same could be done via the internet.

And, I'm not perfect. I would probably get my back up depending on what was said about me. Sometimes I have to walk away from WS as it is, when I'm not even personally tied to a case. I really don't see how following the case online is a terrible thing for the family.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edlynch
Back