Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2 Part 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of action here is starting to get on my nerves. Just how much evidence is needed to take action??? I think it's pretty clear to all concerned who the main suspect is, and yet, he has control over the children and continues to laugh in LE's face!

I'm mortified that this case hasn't progressed significantly yet! What about everyone else?

There's something really wrong with LE in this country when Paris Hilton makes the front page on all the news for her ridiculous antics, and yet, a very serious situation such as this one is struggling to stay in focus! Hellooooooooo LE ----we have a missing mother of 2 and friend to many here! And, this has occurred in an area where these sorts of things are rare! Would someone please wake the justice system up around here???????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Quit trying to focus on the small stuff and put your energies where they're needed, already!

I'm so frustrated over this case, and my heart goes out to the family and those poor children. God help us all!

We did want to know if they used dogs and now we know. My theory was that they use the trailing dogs from the house. They can determine how she left, on foot or by vehicle. If they didn't get a scent then she didn't leave. You can bet LE did bring those dogs in otherwise they wouldn't have brought cadavers into the home. No scent leading away from the house only into it. I know they used dogs in the searches outside because there are pics.

ETA: I meant LE brought in cadaver dogs, not cadavers.

From this link: http://cbs2chicago.com/westsuburbanbureau/local_story_159190722.html

"In one of the searches investigators brought in dogs trained to detect the smell of decaying human flesh."

This suggests to me that the dogs can indeed tell the difference.

Makes sense that they would otherwise what good would they be. I remember a lot from the LP case but I don't think that ever came up. They even took those dogs out on the water. In LP's case they used a variety of trained dogs.

Wonder if it was her clothes they hit on or was that where he stored her rather than the trunk of the car or in the pick up?

Can't wait to hear Craig's excuse for this. He stored the rabbits and deer in there. :waitasec:

Plainfield police are searching for Lisa Stebic, 37, who lives in the 13200 block of Red Star Drive. Her husband, Craig Stebic, 41, said he was working in the back yard and their children, ages 10 and 12, were out buying candy about 6:30 p.m. Monday when his wife left.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...ck=2&cset=true

Windchime, the chicago tribune and Fiore links don't work. The other one is dated May5th.

Any ideas about them going to Iowa? Wonder what's there? Of course the thought of Michigan scares me because I see less of a chance of them finding Lisa if she was taken there.

Anybody know if the cadaver dogs can differentiate between humans and animals?

Yes, a skilled dog suitable for the job who is working with a skilled handler can detect the difference between animal and human scent. First, the dog is chosen in part due to its lack of being too, "gamey". Then, during initial and continuous training the dog is discouraged(using positive methods in a humane manner) in focusing or alerting to the scent of any animal except for human scent. There are many characteristics, some physical(athletic, good health, etc..), and many natural behaviors(energetic, ball or toy drive, not dog aggressive or animal aggressive, friendly towards people, dogs with courage, etc..) that search dogs are chosen for.

There are dogs who are trained to search for live humans but who are cross trained to detect and alert to human remains(cadaver dogs). There are also dogs trained only in the detection of human remains(human remains detection dog). There are 3 basic methods of scenting including air scenting, trailing and tracking. Some dogs, usually air scenting dogs aka area search dogs will utilize all three methods depending on what works best for the dog in a given situation.

Bloodhounds typically trail and make excellent trailing dogs at that. They do not track, but it is common for them to be described as tracking dogs. Several other breeds including the German Shepherd, Belgian Malinois, Labs, and others often make good trailing dogs and excellent air scenting dogs. However, many dogs are not chosen by breed alone. There are mixed breed dogs and atypical breed individuals that may also do a great job. And, each individual is temperament tested carefully prior to training and monitored for suitability during training.

There are also water search dogs. These dogs have been cross trained to air scent for human remains up to about 40 feet below the water's surface. Under water currents can shift the scent from where the body actually is, so it is important to understand how the currents are running.

Really, the bottom line is that a well chosen, well trained search dog matched with a skilled handler is quite reliable, and can even be used as evidence in court.

I have a feeling that LE is on top of this, but that the person responsible has done a very good job of leaving little evidence. I think LE knows a lot more than they are willing to talk about and that they are making a case against the husband as we speak. I think they are making every effort to dot all of their, "i's" before they move forward because they want to be SURE that they have enough to convict him. Sometimes it seems that LE is sitting on a case for no good reason, and sadly that may happen sometimes. But, I don't think that is the case here. I sure hope I am not mistaken, because I really want whomever is responsible for Lisa's disappearance to meet serious justice. And, Lisa's loving family needs to know where she is and what became of her.

Lion

LionRun I totaly agree with you 110% that LE and the prosecutors know's a heck of alot more then what little bit has been leaked out through LE and the media. I truly believe the reason they haven't arrested Craig yet is because once they arrest him their clock starts ticking where as right now they can get take their time and dot all there T's and I's and not be rushed. That is what happened IMO with OJ's case. If they arrested Craig now he and his attorney could demand a speedy trial and that right there alone could cost them a guilty verdict.

WindChime, you have another good point about the issue of a speedy trial putting a fateful time limit on LE getting there ducks in a row for a solid conviction. I will say that if Craig is responsible for Lisa's disappearance he best meet justice. I will be pulling my hair out if he doesn't.

Lion

Thanks for the refresher course LionRun :) I did do a lot of research on the dogs during the LP case and even found out the history of the bloodhounds at that time. The FBI had just started a cross training program around that time that I found very informative. I remember them taking the dogs out in boats during the LP case. That was the first time I had ever heard about that.

What concerned me about the cadaver dogs is Craig's lame explanation of Lisa's blood and again from watching the defense in the SP trial I remember all too well how that evidence can be torn apart by the defense, should there be a trial and that be submitted as evidence. I guess I'm looking for reassurance because I expect another lame excuse that contain more dead animals. Reasonable doubt.

You are so right Strach about resonable doubt. I live in Plainfield and have been on pins and needles this whiole time. We don't want another bumbled OJ.

On the May 12 search, my group DID find the insides of a cell phone along a road. They sent for someone to pick it up, but I have not heard anything about it.:banghead:

Today's news: http://www.nbc5.com/news/13476532/detail.html?dl=mainclick

Here's hoping the psychic can help the police!

"That development comes as police confirm that cadaver dogs trained to identify dead bodies made a positive hit during a search of Stebic's home, police sources said."

Interesting. I'm not so sure what I think about psychic's. I've met a few who can really tune in, but certainly the minority.

I've been following this daily.

I've been following this daily, as well. I'm only a few miles from the Stebic's home; being this close to home, I'm riveted by this story. I'm hoping, as all signs seem to point, that the perp is CS. However, there is always an outside chance that there is some other "crazy" out there.

I think this investigation is at the point, however, where all stops need to be pulled out - if that means bringing psychics in, so be it. Whatever might help, at this juncture. The children, the family, the community, need answers. And the perp needs to be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Stories like this one evoke fears in all of us - to think that one day you can be living your perfectly normal life, and the next you've vanished from the face of the earth. Very frightening for all concerned, even those that look on from afar.

I pick up my friend's daughter from the school Lisa worked. I feel soo close to this case because I am going through the exact same thing Lisa is. Living under one roof while getting divorced (why doens't Nancy Grace understand some of us have no choice?) custody battle, AND my soon to be ex is an avid hunter.

OJ and SP were in California. This case does fit close to home for me figuratively and literally. I keep praying for those kids and justice to be served.

I pick up my friend's daughter from the school Lisa worked. I feel soo close to this case because I am going through the exact same thing Lisa is. Living under one roof while getting divorced (why doens't Nancy Grace understand some of us have no choice?) custody battle, AND my soon to be ex is an avid hunter.

OJ and SP were in California. This case does fit close to home for me figuratively and literally. I keep praying for those kids and justice to be served.

I think it's hard for some to understand things if they haven't experienced it themselves. I lived in the same place for a few months with my (then)soon-to-be-ex too. I despised what he did to me and our child and couldn't stand to be near him. There just wasn't anywhere to go for a few more paychecks.

Anyway, I hope you are in a safer position than Lisa Stebic was. Take care. :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwaysseeking