Live MSM coverage on baby Lisa 21 October 2011- including Nancy Grace

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://g.co/maps/ncvtu

interactive case map (I have drawn a line between sightings)

eta: sorry my line didn't quite make it down to the perpendicular road where the 1215 sighting was.. but you can get the 'just" of it from the line

Awesome.....A thank you was not enough!!!! You put a lot of time into making this map...

This is the first time I was able to put the location of everything in my mind....Google Earth is my BFF!! It is amazing that so many of these disapperences take place so close to an Interstate!!!

I so want to have this sweet little baby found....

I hate to think that she may just go on the list of the precious missing...HaLeigh Cummings, Adji Derir, Hailey Dunn, Holly Bobo, Robin Gardner, Kyron Horman, Lauren Spierer, Gabriel Johnson, Hasanni Campbell, Susan Powell, Aliayah Lunsford, Katelyn Markham, The Jamison Family.....So Sad That The List Is Never Ending......

Dear God...Please Bring Little Lisa and the Many Missing...HOME!

I'm not sure what % of the country knows about Lisa's disappearance, but I can say that if the case starts to fade out of the media, by this time next year, the name "Lisa Irwin" won't ring a bell for most people. With a lot of these cases, it's in one ear, out the other, and unless the case is getting massive coverage for years, the case won't retain its name recognition. How many people knew that Kyron Horman was a missing child from Oregon back in the Summer 2010 but wouldn't recognize his name today? How many people were on Kyron's forum back then, and how many are on his forum today? I'm always glad to see a missing child get national coverage, but I always wonder how that coverage will be in the long term.

There hasn't been a whole lot of coverage here, TBH. Little blips here and there.

SY sure is big on word play and semantics. IMO, the only cooperation and help he wants from the parents is a confession and the location of Lisa's body.

Young acknowledged that the parents have been helpful.

“They’ve done other things, but when I say we’re not getting full cooperation, I’m saying we’re not getting what we need,” Young said.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/20...#ixzz1bQ9kNFV5

I don't think for a minute that this couple is not wanting police to find their child. You can't try to trap people and I think a little of that is taking place. I'm afraid I'd be a little less inclined to be helpful. I also feel that if Baby Lisa is in fact deceased with the knowledge of the mother and father, they are very cold hearted people to keep what would have to be overwhelming grief locked up inside themselves. JMO. I hope an answer comes before 10 days.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/missing-baby-lisa-irwin-eyewitnesses-speak-14785603

Just watched the interviews with the "witnesses" ...

So ... now we have witnesses talking to the media "claiming" they saw Baby Lisa on the night she went "missing" ...

And the "baby" these witnesses claim they saw was only wearing a diaper, was being carried by a "man" who was walking the streets / neighborhood in the cold weather in the middle of the night ...

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight ...

Hmmm : if you "kidnap" a baby, are you going to be walking around the neighborhood with the baby in the middle of the night, or get the "hello out of dodge" ?

:waitasec:

Thank You for this link, Nurse !

Some interesting comments by Dan Abrams on "eyewitness testimony" ...

Dan Abrams: " ... Let's start with the fact that eyewitness testimony tends to be notoriously unreliable. ... "

MOO ...

It's not unreliable when you say "I saw a man carrying a diapered baby in the wee dark hours". That's SO ODD, it would cause the person to stop and stare and take mental notes.

It's highly likely this wasn't Lisa. But some kinds of eyewitness testimony are unreliable (those who are stating they are seeing her in grocery stores, or in other cases where a witness saw something that at the time wasn't noteworthy at all) but something like this, is reliable.

I know in your belief, there is no way the parents are innocent, so the eye witness statements are a red herring.

But I think you can take these to the bank. Maybe not Lisa, but I believe they happened. Some eye witness testimony is compelling.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/missing-baby-lisa-irwin-eyewitnesses-speak-14785603

So ... now we have witnesses talking to the media "claiming" they saw Baby Lisa on the night she went "missing" ...

And the "baby" these witnesses claim they saw was only wearing a diaper, was being carried by a "man" who was walking the streets / neighborhood in the cold weather in the middle of the night ...

Hmmm : if you "kidnap" a baby, are you going to be walking around the neighborhood with the baby in the middle of the night, or get the "hello out of dodge" ?

It at least fits the profile of all the lights being on. It's abnormal and brazen, and perhaps mentally unstable if it really happened in that way.

Good points. And was he also carrying clothing?

In order for this to be the person who took baby Lisa, he would have had to have broken into the home, turned on all the lights, grabbed the phones and the baby, left. When and why did he remove her clothing? And where was the clothing since it wasn't found around the house? And presuming the baby stayed asleep while he picked her up, why would he chance her waking and crying while he was removing her clothing?

Just a thought... I have a son who has asthma. If he gets a croupy cough I will take him out at night, in a diaper, but with a blanket around his shoulders, to get some of the fresh night air. It tends to help him out with his breathing a lot.

I don't totally discount the 4am sighting however I wonder if this mans mind decided that baby Lisa was what he saw instead of something/someone else. I mean the baby could have been bigger/smaller, the guy could have been a mom with short hair instead or a dad haggard looking from caring for a sick child all night. The possibilities are endless here.

I do know that if the police have checked into this and discounted it that I believe them.

As far as the couple that saw a man with a baby, well.. their story is changing just as much as DB's it seems like to me and I have to wonder at their motive. :waitasec:

ETA: Also, if this was a week after that he reported this how can he be positive it was the exact same night that Lisa went missing? It could have been the day before or after even? I can tell you things I saw and heard last week but to pinpoint the exact day, unless it was something special that happened that day and it was out of my normal routine when I saw it I couldn't guarantee you what exact day it was.

Fox 4's backsplash image showed "Day 8 of the search".
Reporter Kathy Quinn stated day 18. This will cause some confusion once the video link is posted in "Media links"

Can you please post a link to Baden's comments?

I just posted a review of the piece on Fox and Friends, Plain Jane Doe.
Baden thinks DB rolled on her and smothered her in her bed.

I remember seeing Linda Kenny Baden on HLN on Monday evening 10-17-11 and I clearly remember Baden stating that she thinks DB "rolled on" Lisa and "smothered her in the bed" ...

I posted something about her on that day's thread about Baden ... she makes me :sick::sick:

IMO ... I believe that Linda Baden READS HERE AT WS and Baden got this "smothered theory" from the poster here at WS who first mentioned it !

It was pointed out during the Anthony case that the Defense Team was reading here at WS and Baden was part of that D Team early on but left the Team ...

I have no doubt that experts, defense attorneys, media ... read here at WS and this is where they get the info !

The Members here at WS do a GREAT JOB !

And I believe the talking heads, media, experts, lawyers ... get much of their info here !

MOO MOO and MOO ...

I have no doubt that experts, defense attorneys, media ... read here at WS and this is where they get the info ! .... And I believe the talking heads, media, experts, lawyers ... get much of their info here !

Snipped/BBM. I'm sure they do. When we had our big case involving the death of a baby, I was told to check online and see what people were saying in the comments to media articles, google to see if it made Topix, etc. I checked here, too, although I was already a member of WS. (It didn't make the news here, not that I thought it would).

There is some logic to this - you're looking for potential witnesses, or people who seem to know what's going on. Also, from a defense perspective, you're also looking to make sure the defendant and/or family members are keeping their mouths shut. For some reason, family members always want to argue things out in the comments section of the news and say more than they should. :rolleyes:

From a defense perspective, I would check out WS, because there are a lot of intelligent sleuthers here. They could come up with a theory worth checking out, or highlight something I had missed. It definitely wouldn't surprise me to see see media checking WS out as well for the same reasons.

I remember seeing Linda Kenny Baden on HLN on Monday evening 10-17-11 and I clearly remember Baden stating that she thinks DB "rolled on" Lisa and "smothered her in the bed" ...

Her hubby said the same thing except his theory is:

Mother Rolled Over Baby Lisa, Will Be Found In A Few Days And Won't Be Charged With Murder, But Will Be Charged With Lying To The Police. (Stated In The Video)

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/10/2...-killed-her-by-rolling-on-her-while-sleeping/

Nothing new... so disappointing. No searches, nothing. Wonder what's going on. I hate when these cases become cold and quiet.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanMichelle
Back